ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #15961
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Holy crap is that yours!!!!! I've seen that Tengai parked all the time I pass through by through there.. I'm in Fort Washington on 187st, white BMW Thumper. Never seen the owner ever but just see it moved for alternate side parking. Your right it's never been messed with ever. I think it's fallen over a few times but it stays out there even during the snow, etc. That moto needs to be ridden. After my XLR was stolen I was tempted to put a note willing to buy it but never got around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn View Post
I see a Tengai parked on Ft. Washington and 180th for the past couple of years and nobody has ever messed with it. You might want to park it on Ft. Washington. Just a thought.
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #15962
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,660
Quote:
I see a Tengai parked on Ft. Washington and 180th for the past couple of years and nobody has ever messed with it. You might want to park it on Ft. Washington. Just a thought.
In my two trips up there to check out the place and get the keys, there seems to be plenty of moto sized parking right out from of my building. 181st splits down by Riverside so there are actually 4 sides of the street to park on! A couple of odd sized spots, too, thanks to the planters in the middle of the street. Spots that are too small for 2 cars (other than SmartCars) but perfect for a car and a bike.

I'm just looking for a spot to put my bike when I'm out of town (which is often.)

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #15963
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskee750 View Post
Holy crap is that yours!!!!! I've seen that Tengai parked all the time I pass through by through there.. I'm in Fort Washington on 187st, white BMW Thumper. Never seen the owner ever but just see it moved for alternate side parking. Your right it's never been messed with ever. I think it's fallen over a few times but it stays out there even during the snow, etc. That moto needs to be ridden. After my XLR was stolen I was tempted to put a note willing to buy it but never got around to it.
Oh no, it's not mine... I just see it there and have crossed paths with the owner on the Henry Hudson. I'm also surprised it hasn't been stolen, I betcha the name of the bike doesn't atract thugs "Ten-Gai"
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #15964
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
In my two trips up there to check out the place and get the keys, there seems to be plenty of moto sized parking right out from of my building. 181st splits down by Riverside so there are actually 4 sides of the street to park on! A couple of odd sized spots, too, thanks to the planters in the middle of the street. Spots that are too small for 2 cars (other than SmartCars) but perfect for a car and a bike.

I'm just looking for a spot to put my bike when I'm out of town (which is often.)
If you just need a place to store the bike while you are away I can offer a spot in my shed. It's not walking distance but there is a free shuttle bus from Columbia Med Ctr to my area.

Let's talk and see what we can arrange.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #15965
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
I live in the Heights all my life..... Oh and welcome to the Heights..
Funny, I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life and when speaking about "the heights" always mean Brooklyn Heights, so it's weird to see you guys talk about uptown like that.
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #15966
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Born and raised in the Heights.. two heights are better than one.. ; -)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
Funny, I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life and when speaking about "the heights" always mean Brooklyn Heights, so it's weird to see you guys talk about uptown like that.
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #15967
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Quote:
If you just need a place to store the bike while you are away I can offer a spot in my shed. It's not walking distance but there is a free shuttle bus from Columbia Med Ctr to my area.

Let's talk and see what we can arrange.
You have a deal. I get back 1/1 and I'm going to need a few days to decompress.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #15968
Detale
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Born and raised in the Heights.. two heights are better than one.. ; -)
Which height now I'm confused?
Detale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #15969
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,142
Happy Chanukah!

Adam Sandler live.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeC8nTYEwQQ

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #15970
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Happy Chanukah!

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #15971
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post

I was such an ass growing up. I lived in Kew Garden Hills and we had a pseudo kosher fast food place called "Burger Nosh" and I would go in and order bacon cheeseburgers every now and then.
BTW anyone catch the Adam Sandler version of Halleluiah last night?

Not really a Sandler fan but it made me laugh hearing it this morning. Watched it with a few co-workers, two of whom lost their homes in the storm. Nice bit of comedy relief.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #15972
SPEIRMOOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Hallelujah, Sandy screw ya, we’ll get through you
SPEIRMOOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #15973
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
anyone know where i can get an o-ring on a saturday? the one on my petcock is gone and it's leaking like a son-of-a-b. it's about the size of a pencil.
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #15974
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
anyone know where i can get an o-ring on a saturday? the one on my petcock is gone and it's leaking like a son-of-a-b. it's about the size of a pencil.
I've had surprisingly good luck at the little hardware store on the block. (Gentners on W72nd)
All you need is a Viton seal, used in many HVAC apps. You may get lucky with the size.
Home Depot may have some Viton seals as well, but the way my luck goes, they have every size but the one I need.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #15975
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
I'm guessing it's not for the KLR. If it is for the KLR than I probably have one. My daughter is going to school tomorrow (Hunter) and I can give it to her. Let me know.