ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #76
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer
 
Doghouse_Riley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: The Second, CA
Oddometer: 2,019
Yeah bro Rowher is a must. Ben99r1 is gonna help me get the ol' XRL running up to snuff and then I'm DOWN.

Anybody got some room to haul a little gear for me? I'd like to ride up on dual sport wheels and switch to dirt wheels when I get there.
__________________
Ciao
Doghouse

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #77
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,282
is this ride still open? or is there a waiting list like some other death valley adv shindig?
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #78
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
is this ride still open? or is there a waiting list like some other death valley adv shindig?

open for anyone and everyone as long as they bring the organizer deliciously good beer.

refer to POST #1 and 2 and PM me your camp spot and days staying.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #79
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
is this ride still open? or is there a waiting list like some other death valley adv shindig?
open to anyone that shows up... a few years ago everyone wanted to go to this party

now the noobs rally has the crowd... must be a alot of noobs hoping to learn the rules...

one of the best adv partys i've been to was dvdaze a few years ago...
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #80
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
open to anyone that shows up... a few years ago everyone wanted to go to this party

now the noobs rally has the crowd... must be a alot of noobs hoping to learn the rules...

one of the best adv partys i've been to was dvdaze a few years ago...
I like to party.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #81
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick
 
longtallsally's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: BACK IN THE STATES!!!
Oddometer: 4,173
I'm debating on going. I think I'd be on the little bike since realizing the front wheel is bent worse than I thought when I put dirt tires back on the GS for a run to Carrizo a few weeks ago, and the shocks are just about worse.

However, I've not touched the little bike since WMRS and I bunged it up pretty good so it needs a bit of work and tires at the very least.

I dunno, someone convince me...
__________________
[quote=Insert witty comment here]
longtallsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #82
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
I'm debating on going. I think I'd be on the little bike since realizing the front wheel is bent worse than I thought when I put dirt tires back on the GS for a run to Carrizo a few weeks ago, and the shocks are just about worse.

However, I've not touched the little bike since WMRS and I bunged it up pretty good so it needs a bit of work and tires at the very least.

I dunno, someone convince me...
OK, I'll try.

No rules, no registration, no whiners, no give aways, tons of alcohol, good riders, show up when you want, leave when you want, smoke what you want, excellent trails to ride without doing 40 miles on the pavement................................you know, kind of the like the anti-Noob rally.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #83
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,500
Im looking to go, PM'd RAZR for some campsite details. I'll prolly get my own if anybody wants to through down a sleeping bag. Be riding in on the 950SE, IF i recieve my NEW tank from powercell anytime soon. If not, then prolly truck it.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #84
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Im looking to go, PM'd RAZR for some campsite details. I'll prolly get my own if anybody wants to through down a sleeping bag. Be riding in on the 950SE, IF i recieve my NEW tank from powercell anytime soon. If not, then prolly truck it.

RIDE ON!
Bring the little bike, you'll have way more fun......trust me.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #85
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Bring the little bike, you'll have way more fun......trust me.
I was hoping there might be some trails like kern river canyon & cliff trail to putt on with the BIG bike

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #86
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
I was hoping there might be some trails like kern river canyon & cliff trail to putt on with the BIG bike

RIDE ON!
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #87
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick
 
longtallsally's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: BACK IN THE STATES!!!
Oddometer: 4,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
OK, I'll try.

No rules, no registration, no whiners, no give aways, tons of alcohol, good riders, show up when you want, leave when you want, smoke what you want, excellent trails to ride without doing 40 miles on the pavement................................you know, kind of the like the anti-Noob rally.
Hmmm... I've not been to DVDaze for 3 or so years and only done DV once on the little bike. If I can get the hall pass, or we don't have a family trip that weekend, methinks I could rock.
__________________
[quote=Insert witty comment here]
longtallsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #88
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
I'm debating on going. I think I'd be on the little bike since realizing the front wheel is bent worse than I thought when I put dirt tires back on the GS for a run to Carrizo a few weeks ago, and the shocks are just about worse.

However, I've not touched the little bike since WMRS and I bunged it up pretty good so it needs a bit of work and tires at the very least.

I dunno, someone convince me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
OK, I'll try.

No rules, no registration, no whiners, no give aways, tons of alcohol, good riders, show up when you want, leave when you want, smoke what you want, excellent trails to ride without doing 40 miles on the pavement................................you know, kind of the like the anti-Noob rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Hmmm... I've not been to DVDaze for 3 or so years and only done DV once on the little bike. If I can get the hall pass, or we don't have a family trip that weekend, methinks I could rock.

yes, what Rob said.

let me add.... the weather is PERFECT in January. Bikinis is nearby. Echo. Chloride. Striped Butte. Artist Palette. cute Hungarian waitress at Furnace Creek Restaurant. tons of alcohol. and ....
it's Death Valley.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #89
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's
 
StevefrmGV's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Nor Cal.
Oddometer: 386
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV View Post
See ya there!!
StevefrmGV (XR650R) and Allwaysriding (KTM690) will be there with cold beer.
Yeee Haa!!
__________________
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
Edward Abbey

StevefrmGV screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 06:26 PM
StevefrmGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #90
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer
 
r'elise me's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Venice CA
Oddometer: 229
Anyone planning on riding out (as much dirt as possible) from LA? Looking for a partner or 2 or...what the heck... whoever wants to join the party. Need a GPX route if anyone's got that (I haven't searched yet). Busy
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014