Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #31
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardguy View Post
Nice, reminds me of a stormtrooper's speederbike. Did you take off the stock windshield? It would look better if you switched out those chrome mirrors w/ black ones. My '08 burgman had a rusty right mirror so I switched them out w/ some black ones and it looks much better.
the windshield that came on the bike is a taller after market. I took it off to see how the shorter stock one would be. I think i'm gonna try to find a stocker on ebay. Yeah i'm not a big fan of the mirrors.
kyhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #32
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
That Morphous definitely looks like something from Star Wars or the Jetsons to me.

I just bought a new 2012 Zuma 125 yesterday. I traded a Kawasaki EX500 for it. I had reached the point where I could not ride the EX without severe pain, because of the low forward bars and the high rearset pegs. I have arthritis pretty bad. I found the Zuma to be very comfortable, much like my Vino 125. I plan on riding it to work tomorrow.

I do plan to find some way to remove that awful rear fender soon. Totally ruins the looks of the entire scooter. I was also hoping to get rid of the handguards, but the turn signals are attached to them. I plan on getting a rack and a top box as well. You can't do that on the Vino, because of where the gas cap is. With that and some soft saddlebags, I should be able to take a 2-3 day trip on it. I have taken several weekend trips on the Vino, but wound up staying in a motel.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
KennyT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Love the pictures!

Hey KY. Thanks for sharing your pictures from the road trip! I am new to scooters, having just purchased a Kymco Agility 125, and can't get enough reading stories and reviews of other bikes...
Thanks again!
Ken
KennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #34
JerryH
Banned

After spending decades riding motorcycles from small to huge, I'm finding scooters are just as much fun, if not more so, especially in many situations. Their one major limitation is lack of freeway capability, and I am currently looking for a maxi scooter to replace my Goldwing.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #35
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Update

It's been a while since I've added anything to this thread so here is the short sweet version. I sold the Morph. It's was a good bike lots of room, cargo space, strong top speed (83mph) good mpg(65-70) but it lacked the feel of what I enjoy about a scooter. Have owned both the Zuma 125 and the Morphous 250 if I could have one back it would be the Zuma. I did have a chance to ride a poker run with the morph and it did great! I had people coming up to me at every stop wanting to know about it.

So after I sold the morp I went scooter-less for a bout 3 months till yesterday when I picked up my new little rig.
2007 Yamaha C3 with 250miles local own by a cop.

I've only got to put about 10miles on it but I really enjoy the little bike! power is on par with a stock zuma 50 and much better then the ruckus I had. I feel I will be draging behind my buddy's Kymco super 8 so by spring I hope to have some upgrades ! I'll post more pics ASAP.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #36
JerryH
Banned

I sold my 2012 Zuma 125 with a little less than 2000 miles on it. It is a great little scooter, but I found I preferred the Vino, plus I have a Stella, and I am trying to raise money for a Suzuki GW250 when or if they ever find their way to dealers, IF I find it comfortable. If not I will be looking for a freeway legal scooter, probably a Piaggio BV250 or an Aprilia SportCity 250. After riding over 20,000 miles on the freeway on a Honda Rebel, I learned to like freeway riding on small bikes.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #37
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I sold my 2012 Zuma 125 with a little less than 2000 miles on it. It is a great little scooter, but I found I preferred the Vino, plus I have a Stella, and I am trying to raise money for a Suzuki GW250 when or if they ever find their way to dealers, IF I find it comfortable. If not I will be looking for a freeway legal scooter, probably a Piaggio BV250 or an Aprilia SportCity 250. After riding over 20,000 miles on the freeway on a Honda Rebel, I learned to like freeway riding on small bikes.
I would love to pick up a vespa gts300. From what I can tell its about the same size as a zuma 125 but with a lot more power. It would be fun to surprise unexpected HD riders with a unassuming scooter. How do you like your Stella? I dig those to!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I was able to get in about 60 miles on the c3 yesterday. It was an experience going from a 50cc to a 125 to 250 back to a 50cc. I was in a hurry to make it to my son's Christmas program 17miles away, not a good situation to be in on a 50cc scooter but I made good time on the country roads and made it with 15min to spare. I found the little c3 dislikes hills more then the zuma 50 I had last but to its credit I do weigh a good deal more then the weight limit. On the flats though I was able to hit the restricted 40mph fairly easy. I'm going to get the 4gram sliders and derestrict ASAP. Overall I'm very happy with the little scooter and hope to get my buddies together for a ride real soon.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
Kennon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
big bore kit

perhaps a big bore kit to add abit more oomph

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p..._kit-3535.aspx
Kennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #40
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I know my thread has been dead for a while but I just wanted to give some updates as to my scooter activity. I kinda look at this as a personal blog so please excuse my 10 month leave. 2013 has been a very hard year for me, I lost my mother to C.O.P.D in Jan and it rocked my whole world to it's core. I sold almost all my bikes, projects and scooters due to the fact I just didn't care about them anymore. Through my family and faith I was able to get my mind and heart in the right place. I started to miss scooters and riding in general my poor Ninja 250 had been siting behind my mother-in-laws house for four months before I worked up enough care to go get it. It only took a few miles before I realized that riding was something I NEEDED in my life! I had given up on it after my mom's passing because it seemed so unimportant but I NEED to ride to cope, to adjust and to take enjoyment in something and like a drug I started to indulge .
My first purchase was a 2006 Yamaha vino 125, I found it on one of my local adds here in town and was able to pick it up for a cool $800

It even came with a cool aftermarket NCY exhaust. I really like the v125 I find it a good deal more comfy then my zuma 125 although even with the exhaust and Dr pulley sliders the Zuma had the edge in power.

My buudy even got his girlfriend into scooters with a clean little vino 50 2t

here is a pic of a little ride we took. The yellow Zuma was my next purchase. I always loved bug eye Zumas because that's what got me into scooters

Vino 125 ready for a ride through LBL

My lovely wife not being impressed with the passenger area of the vino on said ride.

the rest of the gang

I ended up trading my buddys GF the yellow zuma for her vino so she would have a better ride and bigger tires and we ride a lot of crappy back roads. two weeks after the trade she hit a dear on the zuma and broke her elbow. She healing very well though and says she can't wait to get back on the "horse"
After the two up ride my wife and I took she made it painfully clean we needed a better scoot for such a thing. soooo I came home with a 2001 Honda helix 250 a bike that I LOVE! the best part was I was able to pick it up for a cool $700 making it the best buy I've ever made!

I have plans to get some more rides and pics in soon and I'm sorry to bring back a dead thread and to be so long winded but it feels good to be talking scooters again.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #41
klx250sfguy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Your story reminds me of Neil Peart's story. If you don't know him, he is the drummer and lyricist of the legendary rock band RUSH. He lost his daughter and wife all in the same year. Turned his world upside down. He turned to riding to cope. Wrote a book called Ghost Rider. Might interest you.

Good for you for getting back in the saddle - and for all your good finds! I'd love to score a Helix. I had an Elite 250 (paid $600 for it, rode it for 5 years). Also found a low mileage Aero 80 ($400) and a mint Ruckus ($700). Loved them all, still have the Ruckus (and a C70 Passport).

Scooters have great therapeutic value.

Sorry about your mom. Glad your friend wasn't hurt too bad when she hit the deer.

Good thread revival. Keep the pics coming.
klx250sfguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
kyhillbilly OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you for the kind words. I'll look into that book, I'm always looking for a good read. I cannot recommend the helix enough. It's a great scooter. Have owned a Morphous I can say I like the helix better in almost every way, it's stronger off the line, handles better and is more comfortable. The morph did have the edge in looks and top speed. I would like to add a elite 250 to the stable next though.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #43
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,113
Sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. There are a lot of twists and turns in our lives; sometimes you need to step away and re-evaluate. Glad to hear you are back riding again. Something about two wheels and great roads that is good for the soul.

Captain Jim
Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #44
JerryH
Banned

Wow, you sure went through a lot of scooters in a hurry. I used to do that with all bikes, but finally ran out of money to keep doing it. The count has stopped, for now anyway, at 43. I will probably have an '08 Vino 125 for sale soon, but I won't be replacing it for a while. I still have the Zuma 125 and a Genuine Stella.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #45
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Hillbilly, I am also sorry about the loss of your mother. I am glad the scooters have helped you cope through your hard time. I also used to trade around frequently with bikes (not scoots) but since getting my HD Electra Glide it has tied up all my money. For now just the Harley and the Zuma 125. Let us know when you find the perfect scoot but for now just keep trying them all as long as you can. I am still waiting to see the Forza in person and am also curious about the Burgman 200 if we (US) get it. But since I can only afford to buy used it might be a while before either of those show up in my stable. Lastly, I am glad you ditched the morphous . I am not sure I could handle all the attention.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote