ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #376
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer
 
Bigem's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Qld
Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVJake View Post
Going by what others have said, its got a similar feel to the husky 610 suspension which was very stiff considering it had long legs.

All the better for high-speed fire-trails and luggage carrying capability!
__________________
"I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
Time don't matter to me,
Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #377
Chuffa
TR650 Terra
 
Chuffa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Perth, West Australia
Oddometer: 145
First Shipments

Husky website news... 1st shipment is on shore.

Husky News Link

Won't be long now...
Chuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #378
PiJiL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PiJiL's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Victoria Australia
Oddometer: 340
Says the terra is asphalt and light duty off road...... Sad really.... I was hoping for more....
__________________
2005 Thinstrom 650
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ight=Glitch_Oz
PiJiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #379
davorallyfan
Commonist
 
davorallyfan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Capitalist
Oddometer: 15,485
On hols.

Spent this week painting the house (laundry, bathroom the bit behind the dunny) skirting boards they shit me and waiting... I'm toey. When I get the thing I'm out of here. Got luggage loops (and stock to fit), pegs, bars, red helmet even got given a husqvarna t shirt Learn't how to spell husqvarna. Cash in pocket.

All dressed up...
__________________
7th Day Adventourist.
Terrafied
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #380
davorallyfan
Commonist
 
davorallyfan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Capitalist
Oddometer: 15,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiJiL View Post
Says the terra is asphalt and light duty off road...... Sad really.... I was hoping for more....

Says.
__________________
7th Day Adventourist.
Terrafied
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #381
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer
 
Bigem's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Qld
Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiJiL View Post
Says the terra is asphalt and light duty off road...... Sad really.... I was hoping for more....
Where you expecting a lighter un-reliable bike like the 650s predessesor?

Some of the dealers I have chatted with are real happy about the new 650s and cant wait till they get here!
__________________
"I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
Time don't matter to me,
Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #382
davorallyfan
Commonist
 
davorallyfan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Capitalist
Oddometer: 15,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem View Post
Where you expecting a lighter un-reliable bike like the 650s predessesor?

Some of the dealers I have chatted with are real happy about the new 650s and cant wait till they get here!
I am hoping for a bit of that reliability specs point that way but who knows


__________________
7th Day Adventourist.
Terrafied
davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #383
DesertDav
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 89
Things...

Saw the Terra/Strada at the Long Beach, CA motorcycle show over the weekend. I was so excited to successfully sit on a Husky and be able to touch the ground!!! Well, the Strada, I'd have to get the lower Terra, being I'm inseam challenged.
But onto some things I learned on that Wiki webpage...BMW bought Husky a few years back, we all know this? The brand was previously owned by Cagiva in Italy. The bikes are still produced in Italy. So the two models mentioned above as we know use the G650GS engine modified. So here's my deal I guess...the Terra has a BMW motor, no ABS, as far as I know no heated grips, and a warranty 2 years shorter than the G650GS. Other than the slightly lower price and a few more horses, can someone tell me the benefit to getting the Terra? I promise I'm not being snarky but am genuinely considering purchasing one or the other. Just looking for a nudge or two one way or the other. Thanks folks!
DesertDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #384
Miss Jane
Ride like a girl
 
Miss Jane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Central Victoria
Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDav View Post
Saw the Terra/Strada at the Long Beach, CA motorcycle show over the weekend. I was so excited to successfully sit on a Husky and be able to touch the ground!!! Well, the Strada, I'd have to get the lower Terra, being I'm inseam challenged.
But onto some things I learned on that Wiki webpage...BMW bought Husky a few years back, we all know this? The brand was previously owned by Cagiva in Italy. The bikes are still produced in Italy. So the two models mentioned above as we know use the G650GS engine modified. So here's my deal I guess...the Terra has a BMW motor, no ABS, as far as I know no heated grips, and a warranty 2 years shorter than the G650GS. Other than the slightly lower price and a few more horses, can someone tell me the benefit to getting the Terra? I promise I'm not being snarky but am genuinely considering purchasing one or the other. Just looking for a nudge or two one way or the other. Thanks folks!
Ummm, not being rude, but the engine is a Rotax and the same one used in the BMW G650 Xbikes, not GS's. However it is tweaked up a bit so has more horsepower than the Xbikes. I love this engine.

I rode the GS and bought my Xcountry instead, which I have been very happy with and it's taken me all over SA, Vic, NSW and up to the Cape. I'm very keen to ride the Terra as it is a bit more off road orientated than my Xcountry. In my opinion the GS is a bit heavy and sluggish compared to the Xbikes. Compared to the Terra? We will have to wait and see but I strongly suspect my money would be on the Terra.
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #385
ozte630
n00b
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 9
Where you expecting a lighter un-reliable bike like the 650s predessesor?

Some of the dealers I have chatted with are real happy about the new 650s and cant wait till they get here!


When did the TE630 become unreliable ????
ozte630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #386
fatgut
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozte630 View Post
Where you expecting a lighter un-reliable bike like the 650s predessesor?

Some of the dealers I have chatted with are real happy about the new 650s and cant wait till they get here!


When did the TE630 become unreliable ????
Even my TE 610 is reliable, and it has all good parts standard.
Fatgut.
fatgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #387
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss jane View Post
ummm, not being rude, but the engine is a rotax and the same one used in the bmw g650 xbikes, not gs's.
g650gs?
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #388
B1
Carbon-based bipedal
 
B1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arse-trailer
Oddometer: 3,030
just a reminder for brisbanites, you can test ride the terra today (and a pile of other huskies) at full throttle at slacks creek between 8.30 and 2.00. it's only on bitumen but i figure you can ride up and down the curb a few times to simulate adventure ride conditions.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #389
DesertDav
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 89
My mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Ummm, not being rude, but the engine is a Rotax and the same one used in the BMW G650 Xbikes, not GS's. However it is tweaked up a bit so has more horsepower than the Xbikes. I love this engine.

I rode the GS and bought my Xcountry instead, which I have been very happy with and it's taken me all over SA, Vic, NSW and up to the Cape. I'm very keen to ride the Terra as it is a bit more off road orientated than my Xcountry. In my opinion the GS is a bit heavy and sluggish compared to the Xbikes. Compared to the Terra? We will have to wait and see but I strongly suspect my money would be on the Terra.
I apologize for getting the engine wrong. I was just going by what the Husky website said "Practicality meets passion with Husqvarnas all-new TR650 Terra. The seven-day-a-week motorcycle is capable of being both urban commuter and weekend trekker. The dirt-road Terra features a 652cc single-cylinder DOHC motor based on BMWs venerable G 650 GS engine. A modified EFI system, redesigned cams, higher compression and revised piston and cylinder head increase the power output, allowing the TR650 to boast 58 horsepower while still offering excellent fuel capacity of over 55 mpg."
DesertDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #390
Bigem
Beastly Adventurer
 
Bigem's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Qld
Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozte630 View Post
Where you expecting a lighter un-reliable bike like the 650s predessesor?

Some of the dealers I have chatted with are real happy about the new 650s and cant wait till they get here!


When did the TE630 become unreliable ????
Not all of them have been 'gems'!!
__________________
"I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
Time don't matter to me,
Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
And there's no place I'd rather be!!
Bigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014