Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #5671
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,417
Nice!

I'll be grabbing it when the price drops after Christmas.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #5672
Keyser Soze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Yup, got her up to Level 50 now and barely play my L50 Zero.

Gaige with electric Infinity pistol is just ridiculous. I just go charging in there with Deathtrap and everybody else complains that they can't see/can't get kills.

Anybody have an electric Baby Maker they're willing to dupe for me? I have pretty much all the Legendary weapons/shields/grenades to trade/with.
Where did you find this electric infinity pistola?
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #5673
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Also now that I'm playing the original Assassins Creed if anyone hasn't played any of them make sure you start with the first one. I'm not saying this because you need to follow the story from start to finish but that the Altair voice acting sucks so much compared to Etzio's that you'll be pissed off every time you hear him speak.
I tried to play an earlier Assassins Creed and could not get into it. I am enjoying ACIII but could give fuck all about the backstory, the animus and the dude in present day who relives the memories. Conner's story and the setting is all I care about. And I love, LOVE the Naval missions!!
Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #5674
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Where did you find this electric infinity pistola?
They're drops, like any other. It's random. I have a low level incindiary pistol that I got as a mission reward from killing Dr. Mercy on one of my toons.....
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #5675
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
I tried to play an earlier Assassins Creed and could not get into it. I am enjoying ACIII but could give fuck all about the backstory, the animus and the dude in present day who relives the memories. Conner's story and the setting is all I care about. And I love, LOVE the Naval missions!!
I've started playing ACIII. I've never played AC before but the story seems to cover what it's all about nicely. I did find one problem with the PC version. I have a hard time 'picking' the locks since there is no rumble. Also the controls feel funky. The 3rd person camera moves weird. It's none linear I think. You can tell it was ported from the XBOX. I'll have to use my 360 controller to play it I think.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #5676
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post
Black Ops 2

Campaign is 50/50 2025 and 1980"s. I liked the future missions better. I would give the campaign 6/10. Too short and the plot is weak.

Multiplayer is in the future. Some new gadgets and guns. It takes a while to get a gun that is set up the way
you like. The good news is the grenade launchers are the last things you unlock. So no more noobs running around with them and scavenger. Over all I'm liking the MP. I was getting burned out on MW3 and BO. This feels fresh for some reason. I give it a 8/10
agree except it seems very similar in MP and somehow less fun depending on which map. Most of my MW3 friends played through the campaign then played MP for a few hours and don't play it any more

Lots of hardcore BO2 people already just like any FPS......the matchmaking still sucks at times. I was playing last night and you still get mixed in with very good players.........people who had k/d ratios of 3/1 to 5/1 who were laying waste to everyone. Whenever I used to play MW3/BO with a group it was a pain because whenever someone saw 4-6 clan tags they automatically backed out of the lobby even though none of us were very good. There's a new league feature that sounded interesting as it ranks you and matches you with people of similar skill levels but for $40 I will have to pass. I'm only about 10 hours in and am still learning the maps
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #5677
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
I purchased Farcry 3, but havent gotten to play it yet as I went and bought a really clean Africa Twin last night instead of nerding out.

Man this game slipped past my radar. Didn't know what it was because I never played any of the earlier Far Cry games. Caught a glimpse of the trailer on YouTube and it looked interesting.

I went to GameStop the other night and traded in Halo 4 for it last night and got a $20 discount on Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3. Mistake!

5 hours later it was midnight. It's like a blend of Skyrim/Red Dead Redemption/Just Cause 2/Fallout 3/Call of Duty. It has the open world feel/beauty of Skyrim and RDR, along with hunting and foraging components. Archery components straight out of Skyrim. That feeling of sneaking around and discovering new places like Fallout 3. Plays like any MW/COD FPS in the shooting elements. Along with the over the top adventure feel of Just Cause 2 (hang gliding, ziplining, all manner of vehicles).

Gameplay is very open world. You've got your main story mission, but you can choose to ignore it and do whatever you like. Capture radio towers to reveal the map, capture outposts to secure that section of the island and make it safer to move around it and populate it with more friendlies. There's bulletin boards you can use to do side missions with, usually involving killing somebody or hunting some animal down. There's GTA-style side games like knife throwing, racing.

The guns are fairly limited, usually 3-4 of each category (pistols/SMGs/ARs/etc.) Buy a gun once and it's yours forever although you can only carry a max of 4 with you. You have to return to the store/kiosk if you wanted to re-equip a certain weapon/tool. It took a page from MW/COD and you can purchase upgrades for your guns, extended mags, red dots, camo, etc.

Graphics are gorgeous. Lush and tropical, it rivals the beauty of Skyrim. Frame rate is OK although I did notice stuttering when I was in a full-on brawl in the jungle.

I have some minor complaints about it, like how arbitrary the crafting is. I can make a weapon holster out of goat hide for my second weapon slot, but for my fourth weapon slot I need shark skin, how the hell do you kill a shark? If I can make a wallet that holds $2000 out of deer skin, can't I just make a bigger wallet that holds $4000 out of more deer skin? Nooooo, I gotta go find some fucking cassowaries. And I still haven't found a single boar to make mag pouches with.

It also tries too hard to be funny. You know when you're a kid and you're cool and then your parents try to be cool to relate and it just comes out awkward? Yea, that. The codec is tedious simply because somebody tried too hard to be funny.

It sounds like the multiplayer component is pretty weak although I haven't tried it for myself. Nothing rivaling COD/MW for sure. There's also a 4 player co-op, but it's designed for 4 players and it doesn't scale so it's supposed to be a grind with just 2 players.

Those are pretty minor complaints however, this is a solid game. If you enjoy open world games like the ones I mentioned above, you're gonna love Far Cry 3.

YouTube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5pXSN_BSI
IGN Review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/21/far-cry-3-review
Metacritic Score 90: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/far-cry-3
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #5678
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Borderlands 2 shift codes are availible on their facebook page, you get 5 keys to the chest in Sanctuary. Looks like the codes are good for 24 hours or more this time.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #5679
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,996
Just hooked up the GTX 660 today and damn PC games can look nice

I finished Assassins Creed 1 Saturday and loaded up 3 (it was free with the card) to see the graphics and :

Also the Dell T3500 case is a mess and at the same time amazing, this is a similar model and roughly what it looks like:

But in those HD's swing out of the way and everything is held in with plastic cages and clips, so I installed the video card without a single tool.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 10:51 PM
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #5680
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Just hooked up the GTX 660 today and damn PC games can look nice

I finished Assassins Creed 1 Saturday and loaded up 3 (it was free with the card) to see the graphics and :
I've been playing ACIII and find it entertaining. Mostly because of the research they did to develop the game. I find the main story line too rail-like. Lots of quick go from point A to B and you're done. I find the hunting/stalking the most fun. Either animals or man. The game really want you to use a console controller though. You can't really do the lockpicking without the rumble. I also found the snares and bait to be useless. it's a lot easier and faster to stalk from the bushes and do an airborne attack then waste your time with traps. The other issue I've had is with game bugs. I rolled back my drivers 306.97 and got way fewer video crashes. I still get some but not nearly as many and I did before. Also, I've had problems where I've fallen outside of the world, multiple times. I'm only at 30% through the game. I couldn't get the hang of the stupid mini games to get money so I just killed the animals to extinction.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #5681
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I've been playing ACIII and find it entertaining. Mostly because of the research they did to develop the game. I find the main story line too rail-like. Lots of quick go from point A to B and you're done. I find the hunting/stalking the most fun. Either animals or man. The game really want you to use a console controller though. You can't really do the lockpicking without the rumble. I also found the snares and bait to be useless. it's a lot easier and faster to stalk from the bushes and do an airborne attack then waste your time with traps. The other issue I've had is with game bugs. I rolled back my drivers 306.97 and got way fewer video crashes. I still get some but not nearly as many and I did before. Also, I've had problems where I've fallen outside of the world, multiple times. I'm only at 30% through the game. I couldn't get the hang of the stupid mini games to get money so I just killed the animals to extinction.
I'm screwed then, I use an Xbox 360 controller with the rumble motors physically disconnected since there is no global toggle for the rumble feature on the PC (you'd think they would include that in the driver).

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #5682
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
I'm screwed then, I use an Xbox 360 controller with the rumble motors physically disconnected since there is no global toggle for the rumble feature on the PC (you'd think they would include that in the driver).
There aren't that many chests BUT one of the very first actions they have you do is to unlock a door. It sucked till I plugged in my controller.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #5683
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
Damn you Steam for putting all the good stuff on sale again!

I'm sure I've asked this before, but who else is on Steam?

Anybody interested in co-op, FPS, or racing games look me up (Hi Viz Ninja)

Any recommendations would be appreciated as well. Happy gaming!
justdrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #5684
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
Damn you Steam for putting all the good stuff on sale again!

I'm sure I've asked this before, but who else is on Steam?

Anybody interested in co-op, FPS, or racing games look me up (Hi Viz Ninja)

Any recommendations would be appreciated as well. Happy gaming!
You should check out the humble bundle, ~6.50 and you get a ton of games. And you can give as little as 1 dollar and get steam codes for all but 2 of them.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Between the steam sale and the humble bundle a lot of my Christmas shopping is done. Just sent out a bunch of emails with codes/URL's.....easiest Christmas ever.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #5685
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Last night my friend was playing VVVVVV and I had to buy it on the spot:

The game play is incredibly simple but the level get to be pretty hard, just listening to the great 8 bit background music is worth the 2.49 the game costs on steam.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: