ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #151
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfman View Post
That's for posting that Jeff, I hadn't seen it. Seems really odd coming from the Gazette given their anti-OHV slant of years past but it's excellent news! Not that it'll make a damn bit of difference but it is good to see that someone, somewhere, understands we're not the rapers and pillagers of wildlife as we're often depicted.
You've got that backwards. It's the Boulder people who are always trying to close off public land to anyone but granola crunching, sandal wearing, dope smoking hikers. The "evil conservatives" of C/S are the ones supporting public land for public use.
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #152
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,009
Great riding today at the Captain. Lots of responsible riders out there getting their last ride in, some from this thread. I think Big_John got a few photos of the Closed sign and the piece of paper saying that it officially closes the 10th.

The white sign up that says NO MOTORIZED already confused some people. Sure enough like I mentioned 3 guys unloaded, geared up and halted at the white sign and were stumped...Hopefully the weather/snow moves in and closes it down by natural means.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #153
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
My understanding is the fish doesn't live in the section we ride. It lives farther down the drainage, but the CBD believes our sediment washes down the stream to where the fish live.

Thank god it never rains in that area and there is no flood runoff and of course there are no herds of elk crossing the creek either , it must indeed be a special place to have a clear creek all year with no runoff.
07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #154
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
I think he means compared to how long if ever they replace signage.

However its a court ruling of when.

Exactly. I have seen trails wait for months or longer for appropriate signage...but a closure comes out and its "Warp factor 9 Scotty"!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #155
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,408
Did they ever get the correct "open to motorcycles" sign up on the trailhead at Spring Creek pass down by Creede yet? I think we've been waiting for a sticker there for years now.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #156
Trl Rdr
Big Red Bird

Oddometer: 2,027
I think the "Open to MC" stickers are on perminant backorder!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Baja Mexico Trail Ride Report
Big Bend Ranch Drive and Ride Report
Trl Rdr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #157
grub
Requires Supervision

Oddometer: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Did they ever get the correct "open to motorcycles" sign up on the trailhead at Spring Creek pass down by Creede yet? I think we've been waiting for a sticker there for years now.
Not as of the end of October. They did agree to give me one to put on the carsonite marker next time I am up there though.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #158
JaHun
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Don't Poach Capt'n Jacks

Just a a friendly warning. Today, game cameras have been placed at several trail locations effected by this closure. Also starting today, photos of vehicles and license plates are being taken at trail heads night and day and will be shared with law enforcement as appropriate. Any photos from the game cameras placed on the trails will also be provided to law enforcement entities. I put this out there as a person that drove for closure of this trail system but also as one that doesn't want to see anyone pay the large fines (up to $10,000) or do the jail time (6 mo.) associated with violating the closure order.

This closure should be taken as an opportunity to move this trail to more sustainable ground. If that can become the focus it will be a win win... Even Ned Sussie from CMTRA agrees the current trail is not sustainable (see csindy article). Lets focus our efforts on getting a positive result for everyone involved rather that name calling and threats.
JaHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #159
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaHun View Post
Just a a friendly warning. Today, game cameras have been placed at several trail locations effected by this closure. Also starting today, photos of vehicles and license plates are being taken at trail heads night and day and will be shared with law enforcement as appropriate. Any photos from the game cameras placed on the trails will also be provided to law enforcement entities. I put this out there as a person that drove for closure of this trail system but also as one that doesn't want to see anyone pay the large fines (up to $10,000) or do the jail time (6 mo.) associated with violating the closure order.

This closure should be taken as an opportunity to move this trail to more sustainable ground. If that can become the focus it will be a win win... Even Ned Sussie from CMTRA agrees the current trail is not sustainable (see csindy article). Lets focus our efforts on getting a positive result for everyone involved rather that name calling and threats.
Whats the fine for fishing

So are you the owner of said cameras. If so

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #160
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:

Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #161
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,308
Gotta love all the first time posts in this thread.

Game cameras? It's a shame nobody knows how to locate those in about five seconds flat and remove them from all the poor trees being exploited by the evil trail closing crowd.

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #162
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
Gotta love all the first time posts in this thread.

Game cameras? It's a shame nobody knows how to locate those in about five seconds flat and remove them from all the poor trees being exploited by the evil trail closing crowd.

I can't believe JaHun didn't fill out their profile. How are we to know what kind of Moto they ride, or where they like to ride most, or what kind of farkles other than the aforementioned cameras they use? I really hope JaHun didn't go off trail to install equipment and didn't screw anything into any living trees. With any luck we could do a meet and greet to discuss further tactics.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #163
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 1,928
Don't worry guys. I'm sure JaHun received permission from the forest service to place the cameras, and that the forest service completed a proper impact analysis and followed NEPA before granting permission for a modification like this to be installed.

If not, removing the cameras is simply picking up illegal forest litter.. and should get counted towards volunteer cleanup hours.

Oh.. and such cameras, to be legal, do require a special use permit, including the mapped location of such cameras, which must be made available to any requester via a FoIA request. Again, if not permitted, they're just illegal litter.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR

thump_co screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 07:57 PM
thump_co is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #164
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Even Ned Sussie from CMTRA agrees the current trail is not sustainable (see csindy article). Lets focus our efforts on getting a positive result for everyone involved rather that name calling and threats.
Hey dipshit, if you are going to take someone's quote out of context, at least try to spell his name correctly. Ned Suesse

Here is what Ned Really said...

"I'm out of the country and mostly offline, but I have kept up with the general state of things. The settlement is not yet final, but in my opinion, it continues a long line of faulty reasoning. However, I am somewhat optimistic that it will open the door to a proper study of the watershed that can conclude with a responsible decision.

The facts show that the large majority of sedimentation from a trail owes to the existence of the trail, not its use. So, if the trail is unsustainable for motorized use, it is most likely also unsustainable for non-motorized use- anyone who has been in the watershed during a rainstorm can see how that works. So, closing the trail to motorized use does not represent a solution to sedimentation in the stream, and this settlement does not represent a solution for the trout."

http://www.csindy.com/IndyBlog/archi...-captain-jacks
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #165
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,071
trojan horses spinning tall tales

Quote:
Just a a friendly warning...I put this out there as a person that drove for closure of this trail system....
Not worth quoting again.

That's rich

Deliberately mis-quoting someone out of context, skewing the facts, trying to cover up threats with a curtain of helpfulness, attempting to play the name dropping game (and pissing in the wind by mis-spelling said name ), not shying away from un-truth or out right lies to get a foot in the door to achieve their goals to close not just this one, but all trails to ohv...

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much prefer it if people like this would start to focus on facts and reality instead of deliberately skewed quotes and thinly veiled threats.

But you have to get a good laugh every once in a while at something I suppose, even if it's at someone making a complete fool of themselves

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote