Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #24556
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1976 View Post
The Rekluse site lists an autoclutch for the 510 but not the 610. Did I miss something?
My understanding is that EFM builds the Rekluse autoclutch and they will mod any bikes clutch into and auto if they don't already list it. http://www.efmautoclutch.com/index.shtml
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #24557
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Installing and tuning a Rekluse Z-start Pro in a 2009 TE610

Here's a link to the complete thread on CafeHusky.
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ins...4/#post-263773

If I'd had any experience with Rekluse Z-start pro before, it would have been a simple, issue free installation. Still I was able to fumble through it in a day including three tuning tweaks of about an hour each. Result, Extremely light clutch disengagement via the clutch lever. Bike sits still at idle, starts rolling immediatly with appliation of throttle. Snapping the throttle open from standing still is pretty much like you would do manually EXCEPT YOU HAVE ALL FINGERS ON THE HANDLE BAR. In a tight woods or rock section, that alone is worth the ALL IN price of $639 (including shipping). Best part is you don't have to suffer the tuning tweaks if you've got a 2009 TE610. The clutch is a STOCK Rekluse part, RMS-856 It's packaged for the Husky WR250 2stroke, plus TC, TE and TXC 450/510 from 2006 - 2010. Rekluse didn't even know the TE610 existed when they released this clutch, and since their market is more geared to motocross and endurocross, the 610 has remained off their radar screen. Despite what I've read elsewhere, they were VERY helpful during the three calls I placed before buying, and they are quite interested in what I learned during the install.

Everything about a heavy bike is easier if you have both hands FULLY on the bars. It actually "feels" lighter in the tight stuff.

Thirty day love it or return it guarantee is hard to argue with... try one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Awesome! please post a link here as well What was the total cost?
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #24558
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
My understanding is that EFM builds the Rekluse autoclutch and they will mod any bikes clutch into and auto if they don't already list it. http://www.efmautoclutch.com/index.shtml
That is not the impression I got from Gary at EFM when we spoke back in August. He builds custom or near custom (you send your clutch parts and he converts to Auto) clutches. I would have gone with him if I hadn't confirmed the Rekluse Z-start Pro was a drop in fit with manual clutch override, engine braking and the ability to return to stock configuration if I didn't like it.

That's not to say anything bad about EFM. They've been building automatic clutches much longer than Rekluse has been in business, and will build one for nearly ANYTHING of any horsepower. Those who have them say they are bulletproof, and that is for vehicles making waaay more power than any motorcycle.

Speed of delivery and reversability were my key decision factors.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #24559
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1976 View Post
The Rekluse site lists an autoclutch for the 510 but not the 610. Did I miss something?
Yes, they don't list everything. After multiple conversations, it appears they didn't know the TE610 was so similar to TE510. Unfortunately, we're not really in their target market
Old 12-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #24560
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,357
[QUOTE=sTE610vE;20214261]My understanding is that EFM builds the Rekluse autoclutch and they will mod any bikes clutch into and auto if they don't already list it. http://www.efmautoclutch.com/index.shtml[/QUOTE
Rekluse makes their own clutches and so does EFM. I have both and can tell you for sure they are different.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #24561
tunp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
^^^
so which clutch set up do you like better?
tunp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #24562
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer: 409
I'm really stoked about a Rekluse for the 610. I'm getting one. I can't stand the clutch pull as is, and I like having "all hands on deck" when wheelie-ing.

Plus, Rekluse's are made in my home state. Way to go Idaho.
His Pistolship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #24563
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Pistolship View Post
I'm really stoked about a Rekluse for the 610. I'm getting one. I can't stand the clutch pull as is, and I like having "all hands on deck" when wheelie-ing.
please post up your experiences with it. I've been drooling for an auto for a LONG time. And my clutch is slipping a little bit and I'm pretty sure adjusting it would be a complete waste of time

ie that's my rationalization :
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #24564
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Rekluse Z-Start Pro is nice on my 2006 TE450. Never thought to look to see if it would fit my 2007 TE610 or not. On the 450 you need more space under the clutch cover. Either use a replacement cover (mine is from 7602) or a gasket shaped spacer. Do not know if the 610 needs the same.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #24565
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL View Post
Rekluse Z-Start Pro is nice on my 2006 TE450. Never thought to look to see if it would fit my 2007 TE610 or not. On the 450 you need more space under the clutch cover. Either use a replacement cover (mine is from 7602) or a gasket shaped spacer. Do not know if the 610 needs the same.
The 08-09 TE6109 has a one piece clutch/oil filter/oil pump cover, and didn't require a spacer. Here's a photo of mine. Also commuted to work a couple times last week. VERY nice to just leave the clutch lever out as you stop for lights and such. Also makes practicing your balance (try not to put feed down on an 18mi. commute) much easier.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #24566
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Hey stolenfant, what tank is that? It looks like it fits an FI model? I have a 2008 610 and I really want a larger tank for the TAT. If you could fill me in that would be great.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
The 08-09 TE6109 has a one piece clutch/oil filter/oil pump cover, and didn't require a spacer. Here's a photo of mine. Also commuted to work a couple times last week. VERY nice to just leave the clutch lever out as you stop for lights and such. Also makes practicing your balance (try not to put feed down on an 18mi. commute) much easier.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #24567
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,117
Quote:
Hey stolenfant, what tank is that? It looks like it fits an FI model? I have a 2008 610 and I really want a larger tank for the TAT. If you could fill me in that would be great.

Thanks.
That's the same tank that I have -- the 6.6gal Safari tank. Fits both the 610 and the 630. Works just fine with my Scotts sub-mount steering stabilizer. Nice piece of kit.

Very expensive
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #24568
His Pistolship
Kp calm, shoot alfas

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
That's the same tank that I have -- the 6.6gal Safari tank. Fits both the 610 and the 630. Works just fine with my Scotts sub-mount steering stabilizer. Nice piece of kit.

Very expensive

$700 ?! Gees man. I would love that tank but not for that price. Wow. Thanks Huzar.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #24569
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
$700 ?! Gees man. I would love that tank but not for that price. Wow. Thanks Huzar.
Don't ferget he got's a Rekluse in there too. Bastard!

I think Huzar's still got a regular clutch, but only because he has been traveling around Europe so much and hasn't had the time to add the only farkle that bike ain't got yet.

Man, I really gotta get me a more betterer job.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #24570
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Marcin, (or anyone) can you see the fuel level in the White Safari like you can in natural?
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale