ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #646
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
well you could certainly attribute failing a job interview to being dosed with ex lax as easily as you could being dosed with weed.
I'm not saying other drugs aren't criminal, they just aren't *as* criminal. Any kind of unknowing dosing with an OTC drug is probably a felony.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #647
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I'm not saying other drugs aren't criminal, they just aren't *as* criminal. Any kind of unknowing dosing with an OTC drug is probably a felony.
I'm just trying to make a joke about someone shitting themselves

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #648
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Dumb question. Neither of those substances are schedule 1.

If you want to change the penalty, you need to change the law.
I wasn't asking about which ones were Schedule I or not, I was hoping to get opinions about how much harm is actually done in any case. My point was that if caffeine or Ex-lax had been put into the brownies, the freak-outs would have all been pretty bad with the right doses...but would people here on ADVRider still be calling for the perps to go to prison? Admittedly my original question wasn't frame quite that way, but I explained my intent above.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #649
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
I wasn't asking about which ones were Schedule I or not, I was hoping to get opinions about how much harm is actually done in any case. My point was that if caffeine or Ex-lax had been put into the brownies, the freak-outs would have all been pretty bad with the right doses...but would people here on ADVRider still be calling for the perps to go to prison? Admittedly my original question wasn't frame quite that way, but I explained my intent above.
It's still intentional poisoning and a gross violation of someone's right to health. Yeah, I'd argue for a felony charge.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #650
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
What would happen if they had snuck some caffeine into the food then the unsuspecting people had caffeine-related freak-outs? What about Ex-lax? Would the perps still be facing felony charges and potential prison time?

TITLE 18. CRIMINAL CODE
ARTICLE 3. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON
PART 2. ASSAULTS - C.R.S. 18-3-203 (2012)

A person commits the crime of assault in the second degree if...For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness, or other physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance, or preparation capable of producing the intended harm.

I'd say yes - caffeine and ex-lax both fit the bill. And unless you knew someone very intimately (like their reactions to said concoction), you could be setting them up for a very bad time. There are people who can't handle caffeine. There are also folks with gastrointestinal issues.

I think the take-away point from this is - don't fuck with people on that level.

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #651
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
It's still intentional poisoning and a gross violation of someone's right to health. Yeah, I'd argue for a felony charge.
Gonna side with Hell here.. only *I* should choose what I ingest. Or not. Aside from the dangers of allergic reaction these days, it's just plain bad juju to dose someone using anything IMHO.
Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 AM   #652
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
TITLE 18. CRIMINAL CODE
ARTICLE 3. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON
PART 2. ASSAULTS - C.R.S. 18-3-203 (2012)

A person commits the crime of assault in the second degree if...For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness, or other physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance, or preparation capable of producing the intended harm.

I'd say yes - caffeine and ex-lax both fit the bill. And unless you knew someone very intimately (like their reactions to said concoction), you could be setting them up for a very bad time. There are people who can't handle caffeine. There are also folks with gastrointestinal issues.

I think the take-away point from this is - don't fuck with people on that level.

Yep. Unless you were a really close friend, I'd be pushing for criminal charges. If you were a really close friend, you wouldn't be after that. As Rob mentioned, people's health issue can make for some very bad consequences with the unknowing administration of any kind of unknown substance.

A betrayal of the most basic trust- the offer/acceptance of a food or beverage, is difficult to fathom.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #653
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Anyone else planning on growing (within the limits of the law, of course)...?
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #654
LarryGS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
growing

We have a friend, who is a professional indoor grower, manage some of his outdoor crop on our property. With 3 MMJ card holders, we had a total of 18 plants. They did really well until rabbits started gnawing on the stems. We put some fencing around the survivors and he had quite the yield. Huge plants. He gifted some of the crop - it seemed okay, though not great. It didn't hold a candle to the indoor stuff.
Once our son became conscious of the proliferation of MMJ in Boulder - stores and newspapers - we discontinued growing. He never noticed the plants in our yard though. We have an acre and it was well hidden.
Our house is way too small to grow indoors.
LarryGS is offline   Reply With Quote