Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #7021
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Kiecker View Post
Nice to have met you, albeit only breifly. It would had been nice if my scheduled that day allowed enough time to stick around for your presentation.

¡Vive Mexíco!

We only had a weeks notice of me doing a meet-and-greet, which at the last moment included a short presentation. The two-hour show is better. See ya' next time amigo.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #7022
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,694
More than one million views

Out of an estimated 20,000 threads (40 per line x 500 pages) Yes i see that there are 733 pages, a bunch seem to have been moved.

There are currently only 11 Ride Report threads that can claim the additional fame of being members of the 1 million + views club.

Glen is way closer to his 3 millionth view than the 1 mark.
Doug is here twice...looks like your dirtster is a bit more popular than the panhead.
Clayton appears to engage his readers so much in his stories that they are to mesmerized to reply.

Would be great if the mods could let us know how many subscribers each of them have.

Thread Title - Start Date n Time - Replies - Views
Striking Viking bumming the world (On the road again) 05-12-2004, 01:43 AM 7,022 2,988,422
Quit my job to go on a "little" ride....US Tour '07 02-11-2007, 12:42 AM 5,363 1,837,533
Seattle to Argentina on a KLR650 05-07-2006, 05:01 PM 1,264 1,610,653
The BAM Road - ultimate test of man and machine 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM 1,646 1,538,485
Can a Harley make it to Magadan? 04-27-2011, 03:04 PM 2,490 1,441,766
The Mobius Trip 05-23-2008, 06:33 PM 4,880 1,367,401
From Estonia with love (Round the World awesome ADVenture!!) 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM 2,559 1,318,875
Angola, it's not like they said. 09-23-2007, 03:40 AM 1,175 1,237,584
Sydney to London on a105cc Honda callled Dot 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM 2,878 1,204,865
Siberian Extreme 2010 - Back for More 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM 1,820 1,076,804
The WRONG Way Round.... on a Chopper! 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM 1,583 1,067,433
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #7023
Comrade Art
Working stiff

Oddometer: 456
Just finished reading "One More Day Everywhere". Loved it and waiting for the next installment

"All human beings by nature desire to know" - Aristotle
Comrade Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #7024
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Art View Post
Just finished reading "One More Day Everywhere". Loved it and waiting for the next installment
Thanks amigo. I am glad to hear you liked the book. OMDE is still selling now as well as when it first came out four years ago. As we continue to donate 100% of the royalties to international aid organizations building schools in the developing world, we appreciate when people write reviews for the book on Amazon. Review it here
There is a ton of positive energy and great karma associated with this project and I deeply appreciate all who have participated.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #7025
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Perfect Holiday Gift

Happy Holidays amigos--
Since my first best-selling book has finally gone to international*paperback, we have the last original editions in hardcover with color glossy photographs. And now, just in time for buying that “perfect gift,” we are offering all remaining copies autographed, and discounted five dollars. **Click for purchase

Remember this is the best-selling book featured on the*National Geographic Channel*that went viral and was ultimately translated into thirty-four languages.*

Purchase today and this collectors item can be immediately mailed direct to you or to whoever you designate to receive your gift. Major credit cards and PayPal accepted with pleasure.
All the best,
Glen
http://www.strikingviking.net/buy-the-book/
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #7026
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,074
Glen

Just sent in my order & am looking forward to the book, also will purchase "Another Day Everywhere" When I can get it autographed, preferably, in person.

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #7027
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Just sent in my order & am looking forward to the book, also will purchase "Another Day Everywhere" When I can get it autographed, preferably, in person.
Thanks amigo. Remember, all royalties are donated to Room To Read, an NGO building schools in the developing world. There is a ton of positive energy behind this project that so many participated in here on advrider. Many thanks again to everyone here.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #7028
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

I am in Mazatlan for a few more weeks so any long riders passing through on your way north or south, I can offer a room for the night.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #7029
Zepfan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Hey S.V.

Whats, the story behind this CL post?
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3450105819.html

Your bike? Who's selling it if your not around?
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.
Zepfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #7030
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,325
Generous offer! I'd offer to ride from Canada to Mazatlan just to hang out with you for a day, but then you'd get a restraining order and things would get all weird....unless you really want me to come!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #7031
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepfan View Post
Hey S.V.

Whats, the story behind this CL post?
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3450105819.html

Your bike? Who's selling it if your not around?
Hey amigo--
I sold the bike a long time ago so I suppose this is a re-sale. If it is still in perfect running order, its' a great bike for the price.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #7032
ramon
weezin' the juice!

Oddometer: 1,092
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking View Post
Happy Holidays amigos--
Since my first best-selling book has finally gone to international*paperback, we have the last original editions in hardcover with color glossy photographs. And now, just in time for buying that “perfect gift,” we are offering all remaining copies autographed, and discounted five dollars. **Click for purchase

Remember this is the best-selling book featured on the*National Geographic Channel*that went viral and was ultimately translated into thirty-four languages.*

Purchase today and this collectors item can be immediately mailed direct to you or to whoever you designate to receive your gift. Major credit cards and PayPal accepted with pleasure.
All the best,
Glen
http://www.strikingviking.net/buy-the-book/
Just ordered mine!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #7033
houndawgg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
I just happen to be reading Two Wheels Through Terror and stumble on to this thread.
Now I'm in, with both feet
houndawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #7034
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,074
Ok!

Glen:

Got the book yesterday, looked at the pix & said ,I remember those from Glens ADV RR. I've seen the nat geo film, remember

seeing the interview on 48 Hours after your release, & read the account on ADV

So I know the beginning, the middle, and the end but I flip the book open to page 1, next thing I know I look at my watch & it's 4

AM, both dogs are asleep in the chair, wife has gone to bed & I missed supper . DAMN IT!!!! Sucked in again.

Well, needless to say the book is mesmerizing and once started it can't be put down Love it

Thanks Glen.
Merry Christmas

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #7035
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
Glen:

Got the book yesterday, looked at the pix & said ,I remember those from Glens ADV RR. I've seen the nat geo film, remember

seeing the interview on 48 Hours after your release, & read the account on ADV

So I know the beginning, the middle, and the end but I flip the book open to page 1, next thing I know I look at my watch & it's 4

AM, both dogs are asleep in the chair, wife has gone to bed & I missed supper . DAMN IT!!!! Sucked in again.

Well, needless to say the book is mesmerizing and once started it can't be put down Love it

Thanks Glen.
Merry Christmas
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the story amigo. Do you guys realize that this book was first published in 2004 and has been regularly selling ever since? TWTT sold in hardback so well that it did not go to softcover until 2010 when ECW Press bought the rights from Whitehorse for international re-release. I purposely don't keep track of the bookkeeping but two years ago, I recall seeing a stat revealing that the new version sold 3,500 copies the first quarter alone.

Same for my second book, One More Day Everywhere, it is still being reprinted twice a year after four years on the market. This is all the result of the power of positive thinking and telling the story not just about motorcycling, but primarily about the fascinating people of our planet.