Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #151
firebolter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Dear Husky,

I love you but I hate you-----------

washer looked good on Front drive gear, did not move. No junk anywhere in my case, screen looked good! yeah I have one!

torque on drive gear? Less than 5 ft bls. The weight of the damn torque wrench loosened the nut when I flattened out the washer--

It gets better!

Clutch basket hub nut? same deal, hardly any torque at all on the dam nut. No wonder the clutch basket wobbled some.

hOLY SHEET BATMAN, WHAT A HACK JOB!

This is clearly someone that either had a major case of head up ass or was out to get folks.............

My woodruf key under the drive gear was in 4 pieces...........All recovered and I can reconstruct the key thank god...........so no shit running around in my cases.

Damn what a joke..........

I love this bike, but that i s just total BS.........

OBTW, my timeing marks were aligned and not offset with any other mark, so I am good there, I hope! RE-ASSEMBLED AND EVERYTHING TO PROPER TORQUE.

Buy the motion pro gear tool, makes this job so easy.

Okay venting over. Easy job, time for a few "Great Divide" yeti's to get me back to my happy place!
2006 Husky SM610+71 BSA 250 Trials
2011 Beta 300 2T Lim Ed+ 74 RL250 Suzi
firebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #152
BarberPole
Short of the Clacker

Oddometer: 30
Cry Should it take two years?

This is a test post.
As a new 2008 TE 610 owner with 1300 miles and having read hundreds of pre purchase posts, it is discouriging to think
all this discovery by owners of total mis-torqued assembly situations has not been responded to by the factory assemblers.......since 2006. Maybe BMW is the best thing to happen to the Husqvarna brand as owned in Italy after all.

I wonder what the dealers do with our feedback.............or maybe they don't get much of it..........we keep it here?

I just want to monitor how this post........posts. I'm back to the garage for my re-assembly check list.

My Husky is head and shoulders above my 2002 DR650 in performance............but the ol DRs are pretty sorted out.

Well, I just "reviewed " it and I guess I'll post my worthless rant............as a new ADVrider inmate.
BarberPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #153
THE BONE SHAKER
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 269
As I don't think this has been mentioned do this issues also apply to 2004 and earlier TE610-E 's? I have just bought a good one with 17000klms on it. Is there anything else I need to watch out for. When do I need to do the timing chain? Your input would be appreciated.
Cheers
TORQUE is how far the wall moves after you hit it
THE BONE SHAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #154
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
ok guys. tearing into my old mans 07 610. both woodruff keys are good. that entire side of the engine is clean as a pin! still don't know what the problem is.

timintg....when I pulled off the gear with the smaller nu, I took pictures of it to make it easy to line back up. now its apart and looking at my pics, not so sure I can see exactly where the mark is on the lower gear!

what do I do? I "think" its correct. how can I be sure?

thanks again!
35xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #155
Cainer
supern00b

Oddometer: 190
Just did my 2007...

Did my 2007 with about 3000 miles on the odo and found it pretty loose. It wasn't like 'falling off loose', but I basically backed off the nut with a moderate push with one hand...certainly wasn't 75lbs. I backed it off and retorqued to about 80-90lbs (hope that's okay! I know the specs are lower, but I wanted it tight!

Total cost about $40...$20 for the Motion Pro gear tool and $20 for this big ass socket (I could only find this size in an impact socket locally). Peace of mind: Priceless!

PS. I noticed that it seems to find neutral a lot easier now. Is that in my head or expected (if expected, why would it do that?)

Cainer screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 08:20 PM
Cainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #156
Cainer
supern00b

Oddometer: 190
Leaking side cover

Can anyone confirm what torque those bolts that hold the side case on should be at? I'm getting some leaking from the gasket there, but I was afraid to strip them out and just hand-tightened to 'pretty snug'.
Cainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #157
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
DRZ 400s occasionally have this problem, went through the same deal on that bike. This is not an exclusively Husky issue.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote