ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
RODBOLT OP
Stay thirsty!

Oddometer: 39
Where to ride near Gilbert/Phoenix area in February???

Hey Phoenix area riders, I live in western CO and have to come out to Gilbert AZ for a meeting the first of February. It's cold and getting colder here in Colorado so I'm thinking about bringing the truck so I can ride for a couple days in warm weather before I head back. I'm thinking a two day loop mostly dirt with an overnight in a little town somewhere and ending up back at the truck in Gilbert or Phoenix the next day. I ride a XR650R so rough roads are fine but will likely be traveling alone so nothing too wild. Thanks in advance for your help!
RODBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
BBGS
East Coaster

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBOLT View Post
Hey Phoenix area riders, I live in western CO and have to come out to Gilbert AZ for a meeting the first of February. It's cold and getting colder here in Colorado so I'm thinking about bringing the truck so I can ride for a couple days in warm weather before I head back. I'm thinking a two day loop mostly dirt with an overnight in a little town somewhere and ending up back at the truck in Gilbert or Phoenix the next day. I ride a XR650R so rough roads are fine but will likely be traveling alone so nothing too wild. Thanks in advance for your help!
You could probably find a great route down to tucson. Over night down there and back. Someone is going to have to chime on the road names and #'s the back way east on dirt. I think you could find some one to go with.
Castle Rock, CO
BBGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
RODBOLT OP
Stay thirsty!

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGS View Post
You could probably find a great route down to tucson. Over night down there and back. Someone is going to have to chime on the road names and #'s the back way east on dirt. I think you could find some one to go with.

That would be great. I'm looking for some details on roads and areas as I've never been out there. If someone out there would like to ride along, the more the merrier!

As said, just trying to make a warm weather ride out of a work trip I'm not overly excited about.

I live in Western Colorado so I'm willing to trade intelligence on awesome riding opportunities out here for what you know out there!!!
RODBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote