Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #661
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Thank goodness Rossi hasn't won in over 2 years, so you didn't have to stand his stupid celebrations...

Personally I don't care, if they act 'stupid' or 'professional' after they've reached the finish line. It's the 45 minutes before that, that count for me. There's room for some better, tighter racing in MotoGP right now, hopefully putting Rossi back on a competitive bike will help a bit.
hear hear,a pity stoner gone imho but mr rossi sure knows how to race.Hopefully with MM( idont etink any of us doubt his intentions or ability) and Rossi on factory bikes there will be some close racing up front
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #662
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,096
Tactical genius in close combat. That is (or at least was!) probably the best side of Rossi's racecraft, he always had a plan, and could change it very quickly. Not afraid to do some ballsy moves, even in the last corner, if necessary. Pedrosa showed similar determination a couple of times this year, but that's new for him. Like the rest of the "three aliens", before his title challenge in -12, he's been at his best, when he's able to ride his own race, preferably break away at the front and not get tangled up in a fight. Rossi can have it either way. But of course he'll need to be able to stay with Lorenzo&Pedrosa first.

MM seems to have that ability to fight hard, but sometimes his judgment fails him. But the dude is barely twenty (or is he still under that?) so he will learn. Just hoping his learning process isn't a painful one!
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #663
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,369
Quote:
Tactical genius in close combat. That is (or at least was!) probably the best side of Rossi's racecraft, he always had a plan, and could change it very quickly. Not afraid to do some ballsy moves, even in the last corner, if necessary. Pedrosa showed similar determination a couple of times this year, but that's new for him. Like the rest of the "three aliens", before his title challenge in -12, he's been at his best, when he's able to ride his own race, preferably break away at the front and not get tangled up in a fight. Rossi can have it either way. But of course he'll need to be able to stay with Lorenzo&Pedrosa first.

MM seems to have that ability to fight hard, but sometimes his judgment fails him. But the dude is barely twenty (or is he still under that?) so he will learn. Just hoping his learning process isn't a painful one!
Yeah, Rossi sure is entertaining to watch. I think he has that determination and passion to pull "stunts" like Laguna 08... that was just insane and not just the cork screw, but the whole race... well...until Stoners ambition outweighed his talent.

#58 was entertaining to watch too, maybe even wilder than Rossi.

I hope Iannone can figure that Ducati out. That could turn interesting...
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #664
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,028
Quote:

He's 20 early next year. He's going to be something special.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #665
Silver
Dirtnewb

Oddometer: 2,260
I wished that Rossi would have given Ducati 1 more year as well, see how they would have faired with Audi money and engineering. I can see how Burgess can think of it as a regret. I don't think anyone puts that on him or the team though, Ducati fell flat on their face. Lack of development, lack of parts to test. I mean you can only polish a turd so much without new stuff to try out. Also NO ONE except for Casey could/can ride the duck fast in it's current state. Hopefully Audi can change that.

Ah well, I just hope Rossi doesn't get the Spies treatment at Yamaha.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #666
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Also NO ONE except for Casey could/can ride the duck fast in it's current state. Hopefully Audi can change that.

Ah well, I just hope Rossi doesn't get the Spies treatment at Yamaha.
It'll be interesting to see how Spies does on the ducati as he seems to prefer a setup radically different to other riders.
5th-Elefant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #667
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
I completely disagree. I think Lorenzo and Rossi celebrations are stupid and unprofessional. The only reason I am NOT a Rossi fan is because he acts like an idiot when he wins. I preferr a winner to act like he has won before and not be a blubbering idiot or act like a child on Christmas.
The difference I see is that Rossi was original, and he is a real rock star all over the world. He brought many people in to watch MotoGp first for him, then for the racing.

Lorenzo was a copycat. His celebrations seemed contrived, he was not a rock star world wide, nobody came to watch MotoGp because of Lorenzo If anything, they watch it in spite of Lorenzo. I for one enjoyed his racing, but if he won, would not watch the painful after race antics.

Huge difference in my eyes.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #668
Silver
Dirtnewb

Rossi was an innovator. Jorge is an imitator.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #669
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Agreed. If the Claudia Schiffer prank failed to raise a smile in someone, they need to get checked
Old 12-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #670
K0m4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
hear hear,a pity stoner gone imho
Actually, from this perspective I agree. If Marquez would still have been on competitive machinery had that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Agreed. If the Claudia Schiffer prank failed to raise a smile in someone, they need to get checked
Hehe, that is true. Haven't thought of that for a long time.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #671
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
Actually, from this perspective I agree. If Marquez would still have been on competitive machinery had that happened.

Hehe, that is true. Haven't thought of that for a long time.

That prank was to poke Biaggi, who was pretending to date some supermodel. The racers now don't have big rivalries like that anymore. Or at least don't poke each other publicly like that anymore. Its just stupid dress-up on the podium and the occasional neat helmet design.

Which is fine by me. I don't care about the drama. I want to see a good race.
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #672
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns View Post
I hope Iannone can figure that Ducati out. That could turn interesting...
It looks like he found out how good the brakes work the hard way!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #673
K0m4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
That prank was to poke Biaggi, who was pretending to date some supermodel. The racers now don't have big rivalries like that anymore. Or at least don't poke each other publicly like that anymore. Its just stupid dress-up on the podium and the occasional neat helmet design.

Which is fine by me. I don't care about the drama. I want to see a good race.
Well, if one doesn't exclude the other, it does add a bit of flavour. But yeah, those things are not a substitute for good racing. Rossi's popularity among people who didn't use to watch racing I think is in that he offered (-s?) good racing, with a laugh as a side-order.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #674
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
My great hope is that Iannone is the big surprise for next season. I have no doubt that Jorge, Pedro and Marquez will deliver, it is Iannone that could really make for an interesting year. That is...as long as Ducati deliver.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #675
Silver
Dirtnewb

Haha, and who could forget the port a potty one. Sorry but that was amazingly funny.

I really hope Ducati pulls it together. Got 3 of the guys I root for on their squad now damnit. Hayden, Spies, and Iannone. CMON DUCATI GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MAN!