Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #76
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfab View Post
Paul did some custom clamp work for me last week, the results speak for themselves...

Cant wait to get it all assembled!

thanks again!! Awesome customer service and an all around great guy!!

So...............how does the pickup steer now??

That looks like what I wanted to get made for my GPR when I ordered my HDB set up, but decided to leave it until I had more time.

Let us know how it works out.

I sure am happy with my HDB set up. You can even see quite well out of the mirrors..........and that is saying a lot since they are mounted on a 640 KTM paint shaker!

Cheers
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #77
Paddle007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Nothing but praise for Paul and his products. Always Johnny on the spot with service. Especially great about replacing broken parts and misc. bs when I swapped handlebars. Worked well with Fasst Flexx bars. A pic of the business end on a DR650 with YZ450 USD forks. Very happy. Can you tell?
Paddle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #78
Kurlee
2009: A Bike Odyssey

Oddometer: 1,927
I'm assuming these probably won't work with an R1200GS?
Kurlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #79
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle007 View Post
Worked well with Fasst Flexx bars.
Can you show a pic from the front of the bike so we can see how the HDB handguards are attached so they can pivot?
I'd likely gone this route, instead of using BRP's Flexx Mounts (and Cyra guards), if I knew the HDB guards would work with this bar. Instead, I relied on this:

BRP Flexx handlebar mounts are designed to mount your handguards directly thru the pivot tube on your Flexx Handlebar system and don't affect the ability of the handlebar to flexx. The BRP Flexx Mounts are the only available handguard mounting system for the Flexx Handlebar System.

Thanks!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #80
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Anyone else having a problem getting a response from Guy? I've made two request for info on his website and a pm from here......Nothing!
strider.deano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #81
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
Anyone else having a problem getting a response from Guy? I've made two request for info on his website and a pm from here......Nothing!
Your post was on Saturday. If you're expecting a response on a weekend, you might give him till Monday. We were out riding all weekend
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #82
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
Your post was on Saturday. If you're expecting a response on a weekend, you might give him till Monday. We were out riding all weekend
Sorry guys, I'm still here, we have taken long weekends the last 2 weekends and I very behind on my emails, the priority has been to get all the orders out timely, I'll work at trying to clear them all.

Dean, I apologize for yours, I did read the PM notification and it didn't occur to me to check the HDB account, I've quit using that as I was warned about having 2 ADV accounts. Anyone wishing to PM me please send them to me at theantipaul.

Thanks

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #83
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm950se View Post
Can you show a pic from the front of the bike so we can see how the HDB handguards are attached so they can pivot?
I'd likely gone this route, instead of using BRP's Flexx Mounts (and Cyra guards), if I knew the HDB guards would work with this bar. Instead, I relied on this:

BRP Flexx handlebar mounts are designed to mount your handguards directly thru the pivot tube on your Flexx Handlebar system and don't affect the ability of the handlebar to flexx. The BRP Flexx Mounts are the only available handguard mounting system for the Flexx Handlebar System.

Thanks!

ktm950se
While I don't make shorter guards yet that will work with the BRP/Bones type adapters, the guards and Flexx bars work fine bolted up normally with a Delrin washer between the swivel guard joint.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #84
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurlee View Post
I'm assuming these probably won't work with an R1200GS?
Hi Kurlee, as far as a 1200, I haven't a clue as I haven't knowingly done one yet.

To try I'd need to know the bolt pattern of the top clamp, if it has stock bars with bar end weights, how the weights are attached, how wide the bars are, what issue if any as far as fitment and the controls are as typically these big bikes have longer levers and huge reservoirs to deal with. If it's not stock all of that too.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #85
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,583
pm sent with q's

also, how mucho $ for led signals front and rear?

clapped_r6 screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 12:36 PM
clapped_r6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #86
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy

Oddometer: 1,896
When I bought my '87 KLR650 three years ago, the first farkle I bought for it was a set of HWD hand guards with the fold out mirrors. I have to say that it was the best money I have spent on my bike to date. Those guards are indestructible and have saved my day many times over. I've had some pretty good crashes that would have mangled lesser guards and bent the bars into a pretzel but I only had to clean the dirt off and ride away. The product is definitely worth the money but the customer service is unsurpassed. When I ordered my set, Paul was just getting started and so the web site was still being fine tuned. I had no idea that the stock handlebars on a KLR were steel and that you need aluminum bars to work with hand guards because the ends need to be tapped. I was really perplexed when I couldn't get the tap to work on my bar ends. I called Paul right away and he knew immediately that I needed aluminum bars. He basically shipped me what looked to me to be a brand new 7/8 aluminum bars with the ends already tapped and he wouldn't take a dime to cover the shipping or the bars. I installed the bars and was really happy. Fast forward about 18 months and I called him up looking for a different top clamp so I could incorporate a set of Roxy anti-vibe risers into my set up. He had the top clamp I needed listed on the web site but I couldn't order it (Website snafu) so I called him again. He told me that that particular top clamp was part of a special order he had done for someone and no longer made it. He then said, "I think I have one laying around." He put it in a box and shipped it to me free of charge again. He wouldn't take a dime from me. Now I hope he has wised up a little so he can stay in business but I will tell anyone who'll listen that this is a super product and a super vendor worthy of your hard earned money. If you ride your bike everywhere and you need it to get you home after riding the trails, don't skimp on your handlebar protection. Get a set of these and forget about it. Paul did say I was the first KLR rider to have these and that is a real point of pride for me. If I ever sell my KLR, the handguards come off and stay with me. They're that awesome.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #87
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
I see from the post above, that you havent done anything with a 1200GS yet, so I guess the answer would be the same for the 1150GS?

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #88
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Tiger 800XC Install

Just finished installing handguards, top plate and mirrors on my Tiger...all went smoothly...

The only surprise was that the handlebars on the Tiger have threaded inserts that are used to mount the stock handguards and they use a slightly smaller bolt. Rather than futz around with trying to remove the inserts, I just used the original bolts which were also of a countersunk design.

My order arrived sooner than expected and I'm very happy with the results...a first class operation! I'll spread the word!

Cheers!
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #89
luxlogs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Measurements for BMW R100GS

I hope this info will inspire you to make your fine product for Airheads.

81mm x 33mm mount plate

Heres Hopeing

Niel
82 R65LS
92 R100GS
luxlogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #90
luxlogs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Sent pics of my R100GS handlebars, mount is 81mm X 33mm

Thanks and Merry Christmas