ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #376
Ferrys
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Spanish living in The Netherlands
Oddometer: 87
Spanish Armada

Ferrys is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #377
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R
 
Brodovitch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 3,171
And on the subject of Spanish Armadas, Jordi Viladoms just launched his blog:

http://www.jordiviladomsblog.com

__________________
TALES FROM THE BIVOUAC
TWOONEZERO
Brodovitch is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #378
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer
 
JayBo1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Oddometer: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
I'm in eastern Canada, so that's GMT -5. Where would this time you posted be?
mcguyver is Eastern States of AUSTRALIA. He's right though, SBS has great 1/2 summary coverage every day throughout Australia. Check the SBS website and you may find some info on how to see it from elsewhere??
__________________
JayBo on Safari/Dakar
#101 Dakar 2015, Kiwi Safari Team, Perth, WA
KTM 450 Rally ... Dakar ready
KTM 530 EXC-R
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #379
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jurassic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
mcguyver is Eastern States of AUSTRALIA. He's right though, SBS has great 1/2 summary coverage every day throughout Australia. Check the SBS website and you may find some info on how to see it from elsewhere??
In the UK we could see the SBS coverage two years ago but not last year (which was a shame because it was very good). IIRC it wasn't viewable in the US either last year (2012). Anyone else have any ideas?
Jurassic is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #380
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,223
__________________
"Never get excited in a rally, its a race, but its never a race at that exact moment" -Quinn Cody
Dread Pendragon is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #381
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,628
http://mypremium.tv/

You can get UK Eurosports at this link, a few adds, but full "live" daily reports with Carlton Kirby
too old is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #382
Acosi151
Adventurer
 
Acosi151's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Who's riding down to watch the race?

Now that would be an ADV ride.
I suspect that this would make the shit part of east Russia in Long Way Round look like a walk in the park
Darien Gap: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari%C3%A9n_Gap
__________________
rooting for: Patrick Beaulé 2013 Dakar
Acosi151 is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #383
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
charapa's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acosi151 View Post
I suspect that this would make the shit part of east Russia in Long Way Round look like a walk in the park
Darien Gap: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dari%C3%A9n_Gap
Even when you get to Peru, just try following the route of the stages! You'll think the Darien Gap was a walk in the park!
__________________
http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #384
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: BRISBANE AUSTRALIA
Oddometer: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
In the UK we could see the SBS coverage two years ago but not last year (which was a shame because it was very good). IIRC it wasn't viewable in the US either last year (2012). Anyone else have any ideas?


The usually put up full episodes on their website.

www.sbs.com.au

Not sure if they viewable from outside Australia. A proxy server should fix that though.
mcguyver is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #385
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jurassic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
The usually put up full episodes on their website.

www.sbs.com.au

Not sure if they viewable from outside Australia. A proxy server should fix that though.
Thanks mcguyver, I'll try again this year.
Jurassic is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #386
mcguyver
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: BRISBANE AUSTRALIA
Oddometer: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Who's riding down to watch the race?

Now that would be an ADV ride.

Cool F5 Tshirts HD. I may have to order.
I am. Myself and some mates following as much as we can. Will be riding XR650,s

Anyone else going? Would be cool to meet up for a beer along the way.

Would also be interested in hearing from anyone about things to see along the way that might be interesting. Not that we will have too much time for sightseeing.
mcguyver is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #387
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
charapa's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
I am. Myself and some mates following as much as we can. Will be riding XR650,s

Anyone else going? Would be cool to meet up for a beer along the way.

Would also be interested in hearing from anyone about things to see along the way that might be interesting. Not that we will have too much time for sightseeing.
Mcguyver,

We will be 10 bikes (mostly XR650Ls) following for 4 days. I'm an American expat with 30 years in Peru. What do you want to know about Peru?
__________________
http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #388
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
I am. Myself and some mates following as much as we can. Will be riding XR650,s

Anyone else going? Would be cool to meet up for a beer along the way.

Would also be interested in hearing from anyone about things to see along the way that might be interesting. Not that we will have too much time for sightseeing.
Im going with three other guys and Charapa is going as well with his crew. We need to swap phone numbers and emails guys....please pm me
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #389
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
charapa's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Huanuco, Peru, SA, home in Mid-Coast Maine, USA
Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Im going with three other guys and Charapa is going as well with his crew. We need to swap phone numbers and emails guys....please pm me
Bluebull, you already gave me your #
__________________
http://www.aroundtheblockmotoadventures.com

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #390
Bluebull2007
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by charapa View Post
Bluebull, you already gave me your #
I know but there could be other lurkers out there. We really need to stop interupting this thread and start a "ADV riders following the Dakar thread"
__________________
-
-
Dreaming of Dakar
Bluebull2007 is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014