Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #676
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 1,920
I rekn Spies might be the surprise packet on the Ducketty. I think it might suit his aggressive riding style.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #677
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
I rekn Spies might be the surprise packet on the Ducketty. I think it might suit his aggressive riding style.
I think most of us hope so!
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #678
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
I think Lorenzo and Rossi celebrations are stupid and unprofessional. The only reason I am NOT a Rossi fan is because he acts like an idiot when he wins. I preferr a winner to act like he has won before and not be a blubbering idiot or act like a child on Christmas.
Millions of MGP fans don't seem to agree with you. Did you not notice the oceans of yellow t-shirts?
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #679
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I wished that Rossi would have given Ducati 1 more year as well, see how they would have faired with Audi money and engineering. I can see how Burgess can think of it as a regret.
Burgess comments on Spies mechanics though, was a bit over the top. Anyone relying on MotoGP for job security is misguided (not to mention, ahem .. 10th place factory effort ).
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #680
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,108
Audi money and engineering might turn the ship. But if that's gonna happen in -13, so that we can really see all Ducatis going much better on track against the RCV & M1, then it really is very quick success for them. With 3 out of 4 of their riders being new to the bike and all. And for at least two years, they've been so far behind, that I dunno if you can call that project a 'ship'... more like a friggin' submarine! So the task is really huge.

Of course it's possible, too, that some of those new riders riding style will suit the bike. But there's already a long list of riders, who have tried, but had to admit, that that's not the case.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #681
gco0307
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Millions of MGP fans don't seem to agree with you. Did you not notice the oceans of yellow t-shirts?

Some would argue that the Yellow shirts may indicate a Rossi fan first and foremost rather than a fan of the sport itself.

Certainly many people have become aware of the sport because of Rossi and his antics, but are they a fan of the personality or the sport ................... the jury is out on that score as time will tell

And yes, FWIW I am not a fan of tiresome theatrics but rather a fan of what occurs on the tarmac during the race, that is what brings me to the sport.
gco0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #682
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by gco0307 View Post
Some would argue that the Yellow shirts may indicate a Rossi fan first and foremost rather than a fan of the sport itself.

Certainly many people have become aware of the sport because of Rossi and his antics, but are they a fan of the personality or the sport ................... the jury is out on that score as time will tell

And yes, FWIW I am not a fan of tiresome theatrics but rather a fan of what occurs on the tarmac during the race, that is what brings me to the sport.
True! But as elitist fans we get to enjoy the sport maybe a little longer because their money still counts

It annoys me to go to events where people are obviously there for the glamour or for the "I was there" bragging rights, but ultimately I'm grateful for their mindset.

It's like boxing or UFC events... empty until the main event then all the suits and high heels show up.
ErikY. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #683
Mr.Goose
Velvet Steamroller

Oddometer: 1,229
I respect and like them all as a fan, Rossi isn't my favorite but I always respected his talent and enjoyed his celebrations. Very fun to watch him win. His interviews normally positive and whimsical. I hope he has Lorenzo his own ass on the identical bike I really do but that won't be easy.

Lorenzo i respect his smooth flow, I hate watching his celebrations I can't explain why. Just doesn't fit. I don't enjoy watching him ride like the others.

I like Pedro's quiet demeanor and how he let's his racing speak for himself. He's tied with Stoner as my fave and watching Marky on the Honda next year will really be a treat to. Mark I think will qualify well all year but won't get on the podium too much in the first half of the season until he learns the tires and how to press his luck against the other sharks at the front.

I will miss Stoner's slow motion replays of crazy slides at extreme angles and how much he spanked his rivals when he was really on his times, which was a lot of the time, also explains his success. I somehow forgive the sour attitude he was tagged with because his racing was always so perfect.

Spies was a let down, I wanted to see him do better but what a crappy season. Hopefully the Duc goes better but I don't think it can be such a drastic turn around for them in just one season. Same goes for Nicky, man some nasty luck for these guys last year and some scary crashes.
Mr.Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:04 AM   #684
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,569
OI! Wake up you mob!

Don't worry, be happy. And stuff...qq
Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #685
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,460
Now that is Doohan it!?!

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #686
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
only about 90 days to go
Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #687
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
only about 90 days to go
Only 89 tomorrow
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #688
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Can't wait

Have been watching clips of last season and a lot of IOM, TT film .
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #689
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
only about 90 days to go
Sepang test in just over a month

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #690
yooperbikemike OP