Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
FateMaker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Chile, Argentina and ??? on a SPORTY!

I figured I should just get started on this. I've been typing it up as I go along trying to make it pretty but then realized how stupid it is that I haven't posted anything. I plan to write the bulk of this during my downtime on the cruise to Antarctica I leave for in 4 days.

I left my rented house in Minneapolis on October 22nd, one day later than planned due to an excess of celebration the night before previously planned embarkation (watch and see if a pattern emerges here ). The 21st was my first actual test ride with all my gear packed on the bike. I didn't take this photo until I hit Florida (day 3) but it gives you an idea how big my load is

[IMG]006[/IMG]

2008 Harley Davidson XL1200C, Sportster 1200 Custom 105th Anniversary Edition.

I didn't take my first picture until the Tennessee/Alabama border. If you can recognize this place...you might be a redneck.

[IMG]004[/IMG]

Here's some background: I first started dreaming up this trip in winter 2011 when I was deployed to Kuwait. Originally I intended to go straight from Minneapolis to Ushuaia and then fly/ship the bike back from Buenos Aires. After much consideration I determined how little I cared for all the border crossings in Central America, and that Chile, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay held the brunt of my interest. So does Colombia, so does Peru, so do the Galapagos Islands, but that'll be another trip. So the plan became ride MN to Miami, fly to Santiago, ride around until bored or dead. Actually I planned to finish in April. Now I'll probably be home in March in time for drill.

Me in Kuwait hanging with Five Finger Death Punch
[IMG]55DP[/IMG]
FateMaker is offline   Reply With Quote