Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #226
GingerKid
How about that self...

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post

I just plated my CR500 and looking forward to running this race!!! It'll smoke everything!!!

I see what you did there...

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #227
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,185
Quote:
Do I have to run DOT tires? Will Michelin S12's be ok? I don't have to have turn signals in my home state, do I have to have them for Sandblast?

I was also wondering what kind of surface conditions rock or pavement
johnson357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #228
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
I just plated my CR500 and looking forward to running this race!!! It'll smoke everything!!!
oh ya...

I'm racing this then!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #229
GingerKid
How about that self...

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
oh ya...

I'm racing this then!

I've entered this beast

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #230
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
crankshaft, you met mouse mccoy at baja? that's badass!
He and Greg Tracy loaned be $120 so I could hire some Mexican dudes to haul me to the next town. He also said..." You had your Baja moment" I sure as hell did If you're at SB, look me up and I'll tell you the whole story, its a good one.

Truth be told, RM is pretty straight forward, try organizing to race in Baja having never been there or the Alcan 5000 rally. I've done both and I can tell you that RM is sooooo simple. The first thing I did for Baja was download the rules and read them, then I studied the maps.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #231
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Sorry, wasn't a smart ass answer, it's the truth. It's the instruction manual for Sandblast and its very helpful. Or you can just pawn it off on me, your choice. I'm using an iPad, so typing takes me forever, not to mention I worked 60 hours this week and I was a bit tired but I still made an effort to get you to read a document that you should read anyway. In the sup regs, it shows 7 stages, 3 sectioms amd a total of 69 stage miles (not a joke, I just read it in the regs). Generally, the sections means three services and in the case of Sandblast, two fuel stops and one long service(lunch). Its a fast pace, so don't expect to do any engine swaps or new stickers. Spanmer check, fuel and maybe a quick bite to eat. You don't need a crew but be sure that someone at the rally has your back or as Mouse McCoy said to me in the desert last year...... "have a back up plan"

The rally starts on Saturday morning at 8 AM and the start order is posted, usually there is a drivers/riders meeting and then the bikes start rolling out on thier minute to stage 1 start.
There is a chance that the last stage will be in the dark but since the rally has been moved up month, its possible that we won't. Wy not be a Boy Scout and have a light. Previous proper planning, prevents poss poor performance. For the record, all the above info is in the sup regs, except for the loading of the pick up.... Now that my thumbs are sore from typing and re-typing on my iPad, I'm heading to work. Haveaniceday
It's all good! I just hate when people pray on noobies and I could've been out of line, but I just had no idea what to expect and I still can't open that link for what ever reason. Noobies to forums does not mean noobies to riding. So, thanks for all the input. It's pretty clear that it would and will be something that the average bear could do. I plan on spreading the word to my friends who also love riding the local forest roads.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #232
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
I have a question, the Green/OK and the Red Cross signs. I can't find in the regulation where you are suppose to display them when you need to. I have actually read all three regulation guides .
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #233
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I have a question, the Green/OK and the Red Cross signs. I can't find in the regulation where you are suppose to display them when you need to. I have actually read all three regulation guides .
That's a carry over reg from the car side as is the deployable triangle. Ideally if you're stopped on the side of the road and not making forward progress you are to display your triangle in order to warn on-coming competitors and then hold up the "OK" or "red cross" to communicate whether you are in need of medical assistance or the on-coming competitor can proceed without having to actually stop and try to communicate or assess the situation while trying to navigate. I would think a thumbs up would tell me all I need to know but that's my take!

The key word is making forward progress and since bikes don't have co-drivers both of these things are more of a paperweight then anything else. If you're in need of medical assistance you may not be able to get to your sign or be able to display it where as a co-driver/driver could while the other is trapped under/in a car but it's the regs so you carry it. You can make your own out of a sheet of paper and a marker for the scrutineering.

Same with with the triangle, if you're making forward progress and NOT in a very dangerous corner, chances are you'll waste a lot of time trying to display the triangle and then have to go back to retrieve it,.....but never travel backwards on the stage on your bike,.....ever if you're sane enough to prevent it
Old 12-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #234
Xmoto
Death Race

Quote:
That's a carry over reg from the car side as is the deployable triangle. Ideally if you're stopped on the side of the road and not making forward progress you are to display your triangle in order to warn on-coming competitors and then hold up the "OK" or "red cross" to communicate whether you are in need of medical assistance or the on-coming competitor can proceed without having to actually stop and try to communicate or assess the situation while trying to navigate. I would think a thumbs up would tell me all I need to know but that's my take!

The key word is making forward progress and since bikes don't have co-drivers both of these things are more of a paperweight then anything else. If you're in need of medical assistance you may not be able to get to your sign or be able to display it where as a co-driver/driver could while the other is trapped under/in a car but it's the regs so you carry it. You can make your own out of a sheet of paper and a marker for the scrutineering.

Same with with the triangle, if you're making forward progress and NOT in a very dangerous corner, chances are you'll waste a lot of time trying to display the triangle and then have to go back to retrieve it,.....but never travel backwards on the stage on your bike,.....ever if you're sane enough to prevent it
Thanks.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #235
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,143
Anders also covers all of that in the NCO class.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #236
dahnovka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
how do I pay online

How is that I don't have an option to pay entry fee, it's suppose to be in NRS Database > Register tab, right?
dahnovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #237
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahnovka View Post
How is that I don't have an option to pay entry fee, it's suppose to be in NRS Database > Register tab, right?
Are you logging in to your account? Yes, it should be under the register tab.
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #238
Xmoto
Death Race

I am not showing the option for paying entry fee yet either. The site must not be updated yet from the reserved entry yet.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #239
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,143
Something is wonky anyway.... I did a reserve entry and I can see the Early Entry when I go to the Register tab. But the prices for the Early entries seem to be mixed up....RM Early Basic says $260 and the Deluxe is $220.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #240
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,294
Freezing!

I've been having issues too!

I'll try again later.

jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com