Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
kano650 OP
more cowbell

Oddometer: 215
Adelaide to Silverton ride - Dec 2012

With two young kids under three the chance to have a peaceful bowel movement can be rare, let alone an opportunity for a multi-day ride away from family. So when my beautiful wife agreed I needed some me time she didn't have to tell me twice. A plan was devised over a couple of lunch breaks with a mate to ride from Adelaide to Silverton and then back via the Darling River, Linsday Island and Loxton. The prerequisates? Camping, cold beer, relaxing, and of course hundreds of kilometres of dirt roads in between.

Dave was at my place at 5am for an early run out of Adelaide as temperatures were forecast in the mid to high 30’s.

After turning off the Walker Flat Mt Pleasant Rd we hit the dirt just after sunrise.

We rode out through Sanderson and Cambrai and then took easy gravel roads up to Morgan. There we fueled up and headed out the Morgan Mail Road.

About 40km’s on we stopped to thank the gods for the the cloud cover.

Some sections like this were easy riding and enabled us to rack up some kilometers.

There were plenty of sandy sections that had Dave wishing he was on his old DR650

Infact, I think he was day dreaming about the good old days on his DR when he hit this bulldust hole about 100km from anywhere. I was waiting about 30km further down the track at the next turn before realising something was wrong. Needless to say I was relieved when I saw Dave was ok. Thoughts had begun creeping into my mind that I’d ridden past and missed him to the side of the track laying under the PIG in a salt bush. We stuck much closer together for the rest of the trip and as lead rider I tried keeping a closer eye out for hazards like this and making sure Dave got through ok.

The dirty girl

kano650 screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 08:00 PM
kano650 is online now   Reply With Quote