Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
alchemy541
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I've had mine mounted up and testing them on my FJR. So far I'm pretty pleased with them- I have the 10* spots and yes they do light up a good ways out.
I have a straight stretch just past my house and they punch past my high beams. Visible/usable light to 1/3 mile on a light foggy rainy night.
alchemy541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #47
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy541 View Post
I've had mine mounted up and testing them on my FJR. So far I'm pretty pleased with them- I have the 10* spots and yes they do light up a good ways out.
I have a straight stretch just past my house and they punch past my high beams. Visible/usable light to 1/3 mile on a light foggy rainy night.
Thanks for posting.. We are just finishing up the handle bar mounted dimmers and a few loose ends..
should start shipping back orders next week.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #48
alchemy541
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Rick and I did a little comparison testing last night. We set up 550' from a mostly deserted 'T' and aimed at the signs. He has a a set of PIAA 910's and a set of Warn 2" HID's. We blanketed off the the main headlights so we could compare just the Aux lighting.
You know the old saw of 'pics don't do it justice'? Very true. He did captures off of his Go-Pro Drift set up, less than stellar results.
From the vantage point of behind the bikes: The Cyclops had better 'whiteness' and longer throw than the HID's. LED's are also instant on/off as opposed to the warm up cycle of the HID's.
Rick rode down and looked back towards me- he said the lights merged into 1 intense beam from head on and were blinding at that 550' range, once he got off to the side a bit the individual lights stood out.
Riding back through a few twisties- great cone of light shooting ahead of you, however their needs to be fill to the sides. Possibly another set angled more outward or a set of driving LED's would do the trick.

alchemy541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #49
SikDMAX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 764
Interested in possibly carrying these in my shop... shoot me a PM if interested in that.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #50
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy541 View Post
Rick and I did a little comparison testing last night. We set up 550' from a mostly deserted 'T' and aimed at the signs. He has a a set of PIAA 910's and a set of Warn 2" HID's. We blanketed off the the main headlights so we could compare just the Aux lighting.
You know the old saw of 'pics don't do it justice'? Very true. He did captures off of his Go-Pro Drift set up, less than stellar results.
From the vantage point of behind the bikes: The Cyclops had better 'whiteness' and longer throw than the HID's. LED's are also instant on/off as opposed to the warm up cycle of the HID's.
Rick rode down and looked back towards me- he said the lights merged into 1 intense beam from head on and were blinding at that 550' range, once he got off to the side a bit the individual lights stood out.
Riding back through a few twisties- great cone of light shooting ahead of you, however their needs to be fill to the sides. Possibly another set angled more outward or a set of driving LED's would do the trick.

Thanks for Posting.. It is so tough to get good real life night photos.
Im running a mixed set with a 10 and 20 deg for a bit more fill. I set the 10 deg that is on the right side of the bike, out for distance and the 20 aimed a bit closer to the road.. That works very well for all around use.
With 2 10 deg lights you might try pointing them slightly outwards.a bit more like this photo.
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #51
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

We have good stock on the 10 Deg Long Range with limited 20 deg available. Back orders will be shipping tomorrow. Thank You for your Patience..
The dimming harness will be available after the holidays.
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #52
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
We have good stock on the 10 Deg Long Range with limited 20 deg available. Back orders will be shipping tomorrow. Thank You for your Patience..
The dimming harness will be available after the holidays.
Are these on your website yet?
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #53
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Are these on your website yet?
I'm sorry they are not. The issue with putting them on the site is that we have no way to really control sales #s on a product that is in short supply.
It very much bothers us to have items on the site that some times can not be shipped the next business day.
If you are interested, I can help you with a phone call or a pm.
The Premium Quality Long Range lights will be on the site by Jan 1
Thanks
1 800 624 0278
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 12-19-2012 at 01:08 PM
Old 12-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #54
screwit
One more time

Oddometer: 846
I'm very happy

I ordered a set and when they came in I was so impressed with the build quality that I immediately called and ordered another set trying to again take advantage of the turkey day special. These lights are robustly built, obviously not Chinese junk. I finally had the time to mount them and try them out and can honestly say they are absolutely great! I put one spot and one flood on my GS1200 and the same set up on my XR650R. My bitch with LED has always been the distance of the light throw, These are much better than anything I've had in the past. Darryl (i think?) was happy to take my calls and answer my questions and shipping was the next day with tracking info provided. Overall I am very happy.

No affiliation, no financial gain, blah, blah, blah
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #55
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 832
I received in a set earlier today that I wired up to a friends 2012 Ford Raptor, all I have to say is that these LED's exceeded my expectations by along shot. The throw that these lights have surpass any other LED light on the market today in my opinion. Great coloring along with a solid mount.
I currently have two six inch LED lights mounted onto the front of my shop truck (Ford Super-Duty) that will be getting replaced with these as soon as possible.
Truly a breakthrough in LED technology. Cyclops offers a Great product and follows it up with great service!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #56
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwit View Post
I ordered a set and when they came in I was so impressed with the build quality that I immediately called and ordered another set trying to again take advantage of the turkey day special. These lights are robustly built, obviously not Chinese junk. I finally had the time to mount them and try them out and can honestly say they are absolutely great! I put one spot and one flood on my GS1200 and the same set up on my XR650R. My bitch with LED has always been the distance of the light throw, These are much better than anything I've had in the past. Darryl (i think?) was happy to take my calls and answer my questions and shipping was the next day with tracking info provided. Overall I am very happy.

No affiliation, no financial gain, blah, blah, blah
Thank You for noticing the build quality. No corners are cut on these Premium Quality LED lights.
What other LED's have you used in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
I received in a set earlier today that I wired up to a friends 2012 Ford Raptor, all I have to say is that these LED's exceeded my expectations by along shot. The throw that these lights have surpass any other LED light on the market today in my opinion. Great coloring along with a solid mount.
I currently have two six inch LED lights mounted onto the front of my shop truck (Ford Super-Duty) that will be getting replaced with these as soon as possible.
Truly a breakthrough in LED technology. Cyclops offers a Great product and follows it up with great service!
Thank You Sir.. I would love to see some photos of that Raptor..Did you get a chance to compare them to the D2's?
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #57
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,300
what are you recommending to mount these lights on the '13 F800's? And where?
soph9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
what are you recommending to mount these lights on the '13 F800's? And where?
To be honest I have not looked at the new 800. I"ll see what I can do to get my hands on one.
The light mounts with a single stud and pivots up/down and left to right. We will be working on model specific kits in the future and certainly will have a plan for the F800.
1-800-624-0278
Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #59
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,300
do you have a pic of the mounts you are using now?
soph9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #60
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
do you have a pic of the mounts you are using now?
I"ll go take a clear photo of the light mount. To date we have not supplied the bike side mount. We are working on that.I know some have not used any bike side mount and have mounted the lights directly to factory panels(fairings)
Hopefully soon we can offer a turn key solution.
1-800-624-0278