Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by der_saeufer View Post
Update:

Bike is home, no thanks to the idiots at the towing company who couldn't be bothered to call Auto Club to find out I'd gotten approval for AAA to pay for both the tow to their yard and from there to my place. Eventually I was able to convince them to call Auto Club again, et voilà, covered. Funny how that works. It's cool, I wanted to spend 2 hours on the phone instead of learning about the insanity defense in class today.

Jacket and gloves were in the topcase, and I got a good look at them today--the jacket has two holes the size of cigarette burns on the elbow and the rubber coating is scraped off a snap. The right glove is scuffed but completely intact. Not replacing other gear means I have money for good pants. w00t!

The bike has a lot of scraping on the plastic, a mostly-destroyed handguard, a bent bar end weight, a busted blinker and a missing footpeg. Oil level is the same as before and it lights right up. The bars might be bent, but that'll be an excuse to swap them for ProTapers. Mirror did NOT break! Not gonna fix the scrapes--they're a good theft deterrent.

I am a convert to militant ATGATT fascism. As soon as my knee is healed I'll be requesting my special armband and membership card. I hear it gets you discounts at the grocery store for wearing armored pants when it's 100º

good to hear you're ok!

+1 on atgatt. folks, don't blow away all the $ on the bike, save enough for the gear, get the best you could find.

i have a 1 1/8 alum bar you could have and a 1" steel bar too.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote