Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #24601
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
Too much serious talk on here today! Everyone should sit back and order up "Any Sunday" on Netflix, relax and enjoy one of the best movies ever made! I just did a "Any Sunday" marathon, well the two so far. Those guys amaze me! I think they would out ride today's riders if they had today's tech. back then! They're just fearless. Hats off to them all. The only part I thought was weak, was when the guy burned his bike in part 2 making a signal fire. The 1st one was a real mistake, but the 2nd one was a set up. Happy holidays guys!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #24602
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Too much serious talk on here today! Everyone should sit back and order up "Any Sunday" on Netflix, relax and enjoy one of the best movies ever made! I just did a "Any Sunday" marathon, well the two so far. Those guys amaze me! I think they would out ride today's riders if they had today's tech. back then! They're just fearless. Hats off to them all. The only part I thought was weak, was when the guy burned his bike in part 2 making a signal fire. The 1st one was a real mistake, but the 2nd one was a set up. Happy holidays guys!
Truth.

Those guys worried far less about "what bike"...they were true "riders"
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #24603
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1 View Post
I finally did the copper bushing on my clutch - so yes I had the clutch out of the bike - washers were just fine - even though I have Indy's on the shelf - oh and I have 22,000 miles on my 07.
+1, at 20,000+ miles. Very strange. Also replaced the copper bushing, which it really didn't need. I had replaced it once before, so thought it would need it again. It didn't. I'm also grateful to Indy for making these, but at this point I don't seem to need them.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #24604
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 354
610 gas cap key elimination

Some have already figured it out, most haven't. So here's how to eliminate that stupid-assed second key for the gas cap, and still have everything factory.

Take the gas cap off. Duh. Press down on the inner hub on the end and pop the stainless pin out.

A small screwdriver or knife point works well to get the pin started loose. Once you have it pushed through, by pressing down on the hub you should be able to shake the pin the rest of the way out.

The spring is fairly stiff, so ease the hub up as easily as you can. Stuff shouldn't go flying across the shop, but in case they do, there are only three parts on this side of the cap: The hub, the spring, and the rotating lugs. Take the hub, spring, and lugs off, flip the key cover open and press the tumbler shaft out toward the top of the cap.

You'll see a row of tabs sticking out of the side of the tumbler shaft. Grind them off.

When you put the tumbler shaft back in the cap body, mind the o-ring that is likely to stay in the cap body, and mind the rubber seal around the key entry point.

Reassemble in the reverse order of disassembly. When lining up the hub to replace the pin, mind the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap. It can be reassembled 90 degrees off and it won't move, so it'll be pretty easy to tell if you did it wrong. If so, no problem, just pull the pin and reposition the tumbler shaft and hub.

Your gas cap will now open and close with the ignition key, a screwdriver, a knife point, whatever you want to stick in the key slot. BUT it will still look like it requires a key.

Happy frakkin' Christmas.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #24605
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I just made a vid with my Liquid Image Goggles (22min long) and I can't load to photo bucket ( too long ). I'm putting it on FB, but it's taking forever. Is there a better way to share a vid on here?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #24606
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Now that you've used, how does ease of use compare to gopro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #24607
nsx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited View Post
...At around 10,000 miles every Husky on the planet needs to replace these...
Is there a write up somewhere telling how to inspect these (washers/cups) to see if they are cracked or broken? Are they hard to replace?

nsx screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 01:53 PM Reason: To add what I was talking about!
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #24608
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
I just made a vid with my Liquid Image Goggles (22min long) and I can't load to photo bucket ( too long ). I'm putting it on FB, but it's taking forever. Is there a better way to share a vid on here?
22 minutes is long for any video to post online. Better off editing down to a 5 min vid (keep people attention better anyway), and make a series of 4.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #24609
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Now that you've used, how does ease of use compare to gopro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Very easy! Makes a great vid!! I'm editing the vid w/ movie maker right now. Will link you tube link ASAP.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #24610
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
22 minutes is long for any video to post online. Better off editing down to a 5 min vid (keep people attention better anyway), and make a series of 4.
That's what I'm doing now. New to all this, but I have my wife hostage at the computer until its finished:)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #24611
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

-The LIC goggles are really easy to use!
-You don't have to worry about them getting ripped off your helmet or bike.
-Great quality vid 1080p.
-the best POV I've ever seen!

Should have the vids up in no time!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #24612
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
You'll get it. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes addicting. Can't say whether the wife will think so too :)

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #24613
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
-The LIC goggles are really easy to use!
-You don't have to worry about them getting ripped off your helmet or bike.
-Great quality vid 1080p.
-the best POV I've ever seen!

Should have the vids up in no time!
I've been using the 720p LI goggles a couple years now. It's a quality unit with nice video. Seems a little more bouncy than the GoPros. Not sure why. Until Hugh gets his posted here is one I posted before from Mount Misery in CT on 1/1/2012. https://vimeo.com/album/1747178/video/34631576 I've heard the name comes from the poor bastards that tried to farm this area back in the old days.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #24614
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,191
Noticed a few talking about heavy clutch pull etc on the 610. Was scanning through ebay here in Aus and came across these things. I dont have one or know anything about them. Maybe worth a try, cheaper to experiment with than buying a rekluse, might work, might not. Not sure why they have them marked for honda, the clutch pull on the honda is like squeazing butter compared to the 610.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300827239...84.m1423.l2649

Looking forward to seeing some footage lunger.

here is a pic

poppy screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 04:07 PM
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #24615
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonXX View Post
Some have already figured it out, most haven't. So here's how to eliminate that stupid-assed second key for the gas cap, and still have everything factory.

Take the gas cap off. Duh. Press down on the inner hub on the end and pop the stainless pin out.

A small screwdriver or knife point works well to get the pin started loose. Once you have it pushed through, by pressing down on the hub you should be able to shake the pin the rest of the way out.

The spring is fairly stiff, so ease the hub up as easily as you can. Stuff shouldn't go flying across the shop, but in case they do, there are only three parts on this side of the cap: The hub, the spring, and the rotating lugs. Take the hub, spring, and lugs off, flip the key cover open and press the tumbler shaft out toward the top of the cap.

You'll see a row of tabs sticking out of the side of the tumbler shaft. Grind them off.

When you put the tumbler shaft back in the cap body, mind the o-ring that is likely to stay in the cap body, and mind the rubber seal around the key entry point.

Reassemble in the reverse order of disassembly. When lining up the hub to replace the pin, mind the position of the key slot relative to the lugs inside the cap. It can be reassembled 90 degrees off and it won't move, so it'll be pretty easy to tell if you did it wrong. If so, no problem, just pull the pin and reposition the tumbler shaft and hub.

Your gas cap will now open and close with the ignition key, a screwdriver, a knife point, whatever you want to stick in the key slot. BUT it will still look like it requires a key.

Happy frakkin' Christmas.
Just went out and did this!

Thanks - hated to keep track of the gas key - left it home a couple of times.

Easy as pie - took 20 mins.

Thanks
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote