Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #91
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
The new Baja Almanac is far superior to the old out of print one. Larger pages, more detail, updated info.

Last I checked it said "not available"...

Will check again.....

BTW, just checked. Still "not available". Any links to where one gets the new one?

And thanks all for the GREAT info!!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #92
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post

Will check again.....

BTW, just checked. Still "not available". Any links to where one gets the new one?

Sorry, but once again it is out of print. Worst thing about the Baja Almanac is that they do a print run and then nothing for several years. Amazon has one for $450
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #93
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFoole View Post

Will check again.....

Man, I had 2 and gave one to an older couple traveling Baja without one last trip. If I still had 2 i'd lend it to you. Heck they were available in San Felipe at a few places.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #94
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Thumb

No worries... I scored an older one that'll do fine
Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #95
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,650
You are going through Coco's right?

We lost our camera coming home, which had our only pic of our signatures from when I proposed to Mala Bunny. If anyone could get a good pic I'd really appreciate it, I was planning on having it framed. February 13th was the date.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #96
rnrdozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:

We lost our camera coming home, which had our only pic of our signatures from when I proposed to Mala Bunny. If anyone could get a good pic I'd really appreciate it, I was planning on having it framed. February 13th was the date.

Muddy rabbit, we will be going through there around the 23rd of January, let me know if you still need a picture of it. I would be happy to take one for you guys!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #97
anycoloryoulike
‘Me Vale Verga!

Oddometer: 5
wazzuo dafool did u saw my good luck post? anyways if u need anything i live in Ensenada, u have a place to stay and the people of Yamaha are good friends so they can help if anything goes wrong with your bike... and that goes to all of you ADV riders, Ensenada is your home, give me a shout if anyone of you wanna stop by and eat some good mariscos (sea food)
anycoloryoulike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #98
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycoloryoulike View Post
wazzuo dafool did u saw my good luck post? anyways if u need anything i live in Ensenada, u have a place to stay and the people of Yamaha are good friends so they can help if anything goes wrong with your bike... and that goes to all of you ADV riders, Ensenada is your home, give me a shout if anyone of you wanna stop by and eat some good mariscos (sea food)
Much appreciated!

Don't really have much of an itinerary but as it gets closer I'll shoot you a pm if we're heading that way.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #99
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrdozer View Post
Muddy rabbit, we will be going through there around the 23rd of January, let me know if you still need a picture of it. I would be happy to take one for you guys!
It's on the list. If don't get the pic you need before we leave (around March 5th) let me know and I'll try to bag it for you.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #100
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Bouncing this as it's getting closer....

Have gotten lots of great info from inmates/RR's.

Have been placing lots of notes in the Baja Almanac...

Thanks to all.

Keep it comin!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #101
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,415
Why would the publisher not simply print more Baja Almanac's since they are so coveted? Everybody wants one, nobody can buy one. Seems like a flawed business plan to not print when it seems that you could charge more and sell every last one of them because even current owners would want the latest edition. Strange.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #102
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Baja time, my man....Baja time...

Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #103
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,606
DaFoole

this tread is soo cool, I have read it all in 1 gulp. There is very little I can add (even do I live in Ensenada)

Please keep an eye on the weather, last week (or 2) we had a snow in the Compadre trail and it was close. By March it is still winter and our time for rain, so when time come you will have to read the weather to see what it is open and check on it.

If you decide on taking the road, from El Rosario to Guerrero Negro, this section has no official Pemex station so that is over 200 miles so take notice.

Somewhere here I read that the gas stop in Puertesitos because they did not pay. Pemex stations can be own by the government or by private parties, how ever they operate under a franchise style contract were the only provider/supplier is the Government. I think this is what happened.

I will continue to check here for more things!

Damasovi
Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #104
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Thanks!!!!! Good intel
Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #105
DaFoole OP
Lewddite at large...

Question.... is the "Visa" and the "tourist card" one and the same??