Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #136
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,290
they are replaying 2012 races on Saturday nights on Speed at 11pm est. including tonight..
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #137
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Show was kind of cool, I hope all the contenders make it to or at least through the season. Top guys, Villapoto,Dungey,Stewert,Reed maybe Alessi and then throw in Millsaps,Barcia,Canard,Short,Weimer,Windham,Grant, Tickle and some i'm sure I am forgetting and it could be an epic season!
as much as i hate to say it Barcia might be where to put the smart money on. Reed won me over as a fan but I think it's wishful thinking to expect him to win enough races to take the title. Dungey can't expect all the top riders to crash out every season and hasn't shown the intensity required to win SX races if they don't. If I had to bet money right now injury aside I'd go RV/Barcia or vice versa with the rest of them in a slugfest for 3rd week in week out. Can't imagine at this point Canard can pull it off but it would be fine with me.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #138
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
as much as i hate to say it Barcia might be where to put the smart money on. Reed won me over as a fan but I think it's wishful thinking to expect him to win enough races to take the title. Dungey can't expect all the top riders to crash out every season and hasn't shown the intensity required to win SX races if they don't. If I had to bet money right now injury aside I'd go RV/Barcia or vice versa with the rest of them in a slugfest for 3rd week in week out. Can't imagine at this point Canard can pull it off but it would be fine with me.
Pretty much completely agree with this. For me it is RV with a Dungey/Barcia battle for 2nd in the championship. I don't see Canard making a title run, but he is right there with the Stewarts and Reeds and way ahead of the Short and Alessis of the series..

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #139
nachtflug
infidel

I'll give Stewart the X factor. He did win races last year. God knows what he is or isn't capable of at this point. He was running away with the outdoor title prior to the injury but given that consistency is kind of a big thing in any series and his consistency seems to be in taking himself out in new and interesting ways I won't hold my breath.

time will tell...those 2013 450 Honda's are so freaking cool and a time will come when they redo and obsolete it. whats next traction control on the front end to prevent wash outs when turning via hydraulic countersteer using the coolant as the hydraulic?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #140
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,051
Laugh

Brilliant idea, Nacht ! Patent it immediately!
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #141
amazing ricardo
Piste Off

Oddometer: 3,543
2013 track layouts...

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2012/12/...-track-maps-2/

A1

amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #142
meatsack
Moto-idiot

Oddometer: 380
I had no idea they released the track maps ahead of time like this. I guess I always thought the riders/ teams just showed up and took a look at what they were dealing with each week then adapted from there.
...Learn sump'n new every day.
04' CRF230 Flat Tracker, 02' CRF150F, 66' CB160

meatsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #143
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Brilliant idea, Nacht ! Patent it immediately!
Too Late. Soichiro Honda patented it in Oct. 58.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #144
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatsack View Post
I had no idea they released the track maps ahead of time like this. I guess I always thought the riders/ teams just showed up and took a look at what they were dealing with each week then adapted from there.
...Learn sump'n new every day.
They always pre-release the track layouts, but if you look closely at the track map and then go to your local SX race, there are always subtle changes from the original track map. And then often there are track changes made during the day after timed practices as well.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #145
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I believe Dungey is a very methodical,thinking rider and I'll never count him out.He's been there every season and if not for some bike issues would have won at least one more championship.Hopefully the KTM is fully dialed this year,with Barcia in the mix it will surely be interesting.

pbarmy screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 10:09 AM
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #146
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
I believe Dungey is a very methodical,thinking rider and I'll never count him out.He's been there every season and if not for some bike issues would have won at lest one more championship.Hopefully the KTM is fully dialed this year,with Barcia in the mix it will surely be interesting.
Spot on, except I think it would have been two more championships and that RV guy would have two less.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #147
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,208
Quote:
I believe Dungey is a very methodical,thinking rider and I'll never count him out.He's been there every season and if not for some bike issues would have won at lest one more championship.Hopefully the KTM is fully dialed this year,with Barcia in the mix it will surely be interesting.
He better have learned some pushing and shoving from the young kids on his team in the off season.

We will see the most stacked field in years, and a couple of those younger guys won't hesitate to nudge him out of the way if they're scrapping up front.

He can outlast them if he stays healthy, but I don't see him swapping paint with Barcia or Wilson.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #148
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
He better have learned some pushing and shoving from the young kids on his team in the off season.

We will see the most stacked field in years, and a couple of those younger guys won't hesitate to nudge him out of the way if they're scrapping up front.

He can outlast them if he stays healthy, but I don't see him swapping paint with Barcia or Wilson.
Dungey already pushed Barcia off the track once, no problem.
Pushed RV out of the way once also.
Plus I think he picked up some speed racing Stewart in those first few outdoors last season. They were neck and neck with Dungey gaining before Stewart finally crashed out for good.

It's going to be a fun SX season for sure.

Just a little over a week now til A1!

Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #149
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post

Willy's racing 250's.Dungey can wait till Barcia takes Villopoto out and then cruise since Stewart will have biffed already.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #150
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:
Willy's racing 250's.Dungey can wait till Barcia takes Villopoto out and then cruise since Stewart will have biffed already.

This!

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote