ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,509
What is the recommended care and feeding of the suede? As a commuter in an area with regular showers, I'm not keen on a seat cover that soaks up water.

My 990 came with a stepped KTM suede seat. I just inherited a well used Renazco. My plan is to replace the Renazco cover & foam with a tall Seat Concepts. I sat on another inmates Seat Concepts & it felt great. I've had a Seat Concepts on my 450 for a year and love it.

While I'm not keen on the styling, I'll pick comfort over style any day.

__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
What is the recommended care and feeding of the suede? As a commuter in an area with regular showers, I'm not keen on a seat cover that soaks up water.

My 990 came with a stepped KTM suede seat. I just inherited a well used Renazco. My plan is to replace the Renazco cover & foam with a tall Seat Concepts. I sat on another inmates Seat Concepts & it felt great. I've had a Seat Concepts on my 450 for a year and love it.

While I'm not keen on the styling, I'll pick comfort over style any day.

If you like the performance benefits of suede you'll need to take extra care to keep it away from the rain and or leaving it overexposed to the sun.
It's not for everyone, it's more suited for off road due to it's excellent stiction and breath-ability.

The newer 990's come with an imitation suede but still soak up water.
If your happy with your inherited Renazco seat then it would be best to just have it recovered in vinyl, we can take care of that for you and will save you some money.

We also make a tall version seat for the 950/990 in all vinyl for $300, and no lead time. Get a hold of me and I'll help you out, link below.
__________________
Seats www.renazco.com
Parts & Accesories www.renazcoracing.com
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 646
I have had Corbin's, guts , stock , Sargent and Renazco and I love the Renazco it is by far the best seat I have had yet.
I just need one for my new 990r
Renazco is there no wait right now? or is that just for the tall vynil? I want the black suede top and vynil side with red stitching. lets talk....
__________________
XR650R Dual Sport 46k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles,
KTM ADV990R 7500,
XR1200cc
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #19
jjohn82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jjohn82's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Woodstock/Towne Lake, GA
Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
What is the recommended care and feeding of the suede?
+1, good question
__________________
Jeff Johnson
2005 KTM 950 ADV
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
jjohn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNastybrp View Post
I have had Corbin's, guts , stock , Sargent and Renazco and I love the Renazco it is by far the best seat I have had yet.
I just need one for my new 990r
Renazco is there no wait right now? or is that just for the tall vynil? I want the black suede top and vynil side with red stitching. lets talk....
Although not on our website yet, we do offer a standard and tall version seat which we call our "ergo" series seat. There is no wait time on these but we only offer them in all vinyl with your choice of colors, stitch etc.. We still work off your OEM seat, turn-around time is a couple of days.

Kudos to all of you for the kind words, we do our best to provide the best seats available.
__________________
Seats www.renazco.com
Parts & Accesories www.renazcoracing.com
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
If you like the performance benefits of suede you'll need to take extra care to keep it away from the rain and or leaving it overexposed to the sun.
Anyone make a rain cover for the 950/990 seat?
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles
 
MotoTex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Tool Shed
Oddometer: 1,511
I removed the Corbin that came with the bike and replaced it with the Seat Concepts. Tall wasn't available then, so I got the stepped one. They offer a choice of cover materials.

Love it. No problems with exposure to sunlight and weather either. Rode 4000 miles in ten days, three of which were non-riding days. My butt was happy with the seat the whole time.

Put one on the DRZ too. (20% discount for my second purchase, and free shipping for ADV folks)

For value and comfort Seat Concepts has done right by me.
__________________

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 8,509
I'll have a well used Renazco cover & foam for the 950/990 available. Since it was given to me, I'll be happy to pass it on for the cost of shipping. It would probably be easier to recondition the leather with the cover off.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #24
BigNastybrp
Big Nasty
 
BigNastybrp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: high speed boogie land, Sunny Ca.
Oddometer: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I'll have a well used Renazco cover & foam for the 950/990 available. Since it was given to me, I'll be happy to pass it on for the cost of shipping. It would probably be easier to recondition the leather with the cover off.
I would love to work something out with you for this?
__________________
XR650R Dual Sport 46k+miles just a few mods, XR600R 2500 miles,
KTM ADV990R 7500,
XR1200cc
BigNastybrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Anyone make a rain cover for the 950/990 seat?

We make em', 100% waterproof.
__________________
Seats www.renazco.com
Parts & Accesories www.renazcoracing.com
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
sledstorm1
CT RAMBLER'S MC CLUB
 
sledstorm1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Ct
Oddometer: 797
I gotta dig up some scratch for a renazco...Nice looking seats
__________________
To those who understand, no explaination is necessary
Too those who don't, none is possible...
sledstorm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014