User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Thanks for the tour

Drove home through one hell of a T-storm yesterday FirefighterSC... Rain gear kept me dry, K60's kept me rubber side down. Great tires, I recommend them.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #32
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Blue Ridge 2012, with BBQ

I'm finally getting around to posting my Blue Ridge ride report. Not too local, yet local, and no real dirt to speak of, but I did get some decent BBQ. It was a great trip, my first long one on the Tiger (931 miles), and my first time on the Parkway to speak of. I was lucky to have time to get away, I needed it. Since I've been back, I have had very little time to process the images (read 6 month old daughter), and my external hard drive died, causing further delay. I'm still not done yet. So expect this report in episodes.

Oh, the pictures are going to be artsy...

because that's what I do.

The Tiger loaded and ready to roll out

Some of you in the low country are familiar with this fine establishment. I HAD to stop here and get a picture, I don't know why...

Downtown St. George. I traveled through a lot of little towns on this trip.

I also tried to avoid the Interstate if possible. But I was headed to get a TAG and this happened to be the only way to cross the lake between me and the first destination.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #33
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

TAG! well this is where the tag was anyway. Funny story about this little church. It's old and historic, but also the resting place of some of my family. Probably my coolest Aunt ever, she died young too. She was the one that let you do cool stuff and didn't tell. She brought the animal side of the farm yard to my life too. I doubt I'd give a shit about chickens now if she hadn't made me feed hers. Hopefully everyone had someone like that in their life. Anyway, when this tag popped up, I had to claim it. Family honor and all that, you understand.

So, tag claimed and I'm on my way. It's a long way to Winston-Salem and that's where I have to be tonight. A bigger "small town" along the way.

And another small town... This one gets props for Memorial day enthusiasm. Honoring those that have died for our country is Important.

I'm getting lunchie... I wonder if this place is any good? It's BBQ, so let's give it a try. I've been promising so to Y'all anyway! Utility workers out front must be a good sign.

Uh, Oh... I usually judge a place by it's patronage. It's a little late, but still lunch time. I mean, Only one customer?

Well I'm committed now, and hungry.

After sitting for a while, There was a steady stream of take out traffic, that's a good sign.

Huh...

And the meal... It was pretty good really. Home made fries, decent Q and a really nice vinegar sauce. I'd say if you are in Lancaster give 'em a try.

Time to hit the road... I still need to place the tag, and I'm almost out of state. Better get movin'

Rough road? First time I've ever seen a sign like this. Good thing I'm on the Tiger!

Rough road maybe, but pretty neighborhood!

I made it to the spot I want to Tag. I haven't been here in years. First time was with my cousin. Since we talked about family earlier I'll tell you this guy is cool. He was responsible for introducing me to nature. And occasionally getting me in trouble but that's another story.

40 Acre Rock heritage preserve

Feeling a little full still, I decided to take a walk. WTF, I've got plenty of time and I wanted to reminisce.

It's about half a mile to the actual rock. That's right I said rock, and I know I'm still in SC. I forgot about the plant diversity and the birding this place has to offer. I was disappointed to see it's much more vandalized than I remember.

Well I feel better from my walk. Time to hit the road.

Next stop:

Marsh Tiger screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 05:34 PM
Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
I'm gonna miss being able to load the Wee up like that.

Still haven't sold her yet, but don't plan to ride again until I do. I've got the Husqvarna fever real bad. Can't wait to hit the Ho-Cat with one. However, I might even have to beef up the subframe and join you on one of these forays.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #35
Domromer
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
Nice to see another two wheeled rambler. Makes me want to take more pics when I ride.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #36
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
This is what I mentioned to you the other night, your fame has begun:

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #37
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Merry Christmas!