User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
r6-lover OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
update. DEC 23

Well I guess it's time for an update. I made it into Mexico Dec 17. I spent the night in Yuma, AZ. In the morning I found an insurance agent, bought my insurance and headed for the Border. (San Luis). Didn't have too many problems other than running back and forth between the Various offices to get passport stamped and temp vehicle import permit. Thankfully they were right beside each other and I was able to pay the $400 (my Bike is 2008) right there as well. Finally got her all done, (about an hour or so) by that time I was hot and sweaty and walking back to my bike which was about a block away, I was thinking my stuff will all be gone. But no, all was good. Great I'm off to a good start. A minute later as I saddle up my boot must have caught on my pack strapped to the back and down we went on the right side. :( my dirt bags did their job and prevented a total flop. A couple guys came running and in no time I was up and going. Nothing broken except a broken ego. Was Glad to get out of there and get on the road again.

I made it to Puerto Peñasco that day and found a nice old hotel close to the water front. I guess this is a touristy / fishing town. Never heard of it before. Lots of big swanky hotels.

So my plan was to just head down the coast line to Mazatlan and decide from there what to do. But I met a Couple from Germany on KTM's and they gave me a few pointers of places to go see. So off I went in search of the few recommendations that I got. The first was Cascada de Basaseachic, the second largest waterfall in Mexico. Well worth it.

Next day I went to Copper Canyon. WOW! Amazing. The state of Chihuahua has some spectacular views, mountains, canyons and awesome roads. If you love twisties this is the place to come. Awesome roads between Creel and Guachochi.

Now once I figure how to post pics I will post a couple of pics. Here a clip from one of my youTube videos that I posted on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Z070aLpdo
Old 12-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
r6-lover OP
n00b

so how do I post pics here? Do I have to be a site supporter?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
GoinPostal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Here ya go

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

make sure you use option 2 though.........
Group of Fools Central America Adventure 2013
2012 Triple Black GSA
GoinPostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,357
Great endeavor.

You picked the right motorcycle for it as well.

Ride safe.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
0theories
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Wish you would have updated earlier... Would have lived to hear about that waterfall and maybe make a side trip... I'm in Mazatlan now for a couple of days. Not sure when you are planning on getting in. I met a brother/sister couple that are traveling down to south America on KLRs as well here (via Alaska). Will be spending Christmas with them. Then continuing south. It's hot here. Update when you can and post those pics! :)

Oregon to Panama RR (Guatemala actually...)
KLR Build Thread
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #21
r6-lover OP
n00b

Hey Guys, I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates. My laptop crashed and died on me a few weeks ago. I did meet up with another ADV rider, so you are welcome to follow me through his updates. Starting at page 6 is when we met up. Enjoy. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844346
We're Having a great adventure in Mexico. There is so much to see and do here. I didn't expect to spend this much time here.

Randy.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #22
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 387
Sorry to hear about your laptop. That sucks.

Definitely following your trip. I have a friend that quit his job in Edmonton and got hired on with an oil company in Kuwait. He just purchased two lots in Panama and is planning to build a couple of houses on them. He's been bugging me to come down and help. I look forward to a ride to Panama one day soon! I''ll be eager to hear about all your experiences along the way. All the best to you buddy.

Smurph
Blog > http://tinyurl.com/lnqkh4j
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote