Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
gregdee OP
Motocampist

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
How do you 2 get along....
I just wasn't aware KLR's and DR could exist on the same ride....this is special. Maybe, just maybe the rest of us could learn from you to and stop the fighting, the thread hijacking and just accpet they are both good bikes.

Seriously though....good report.
So long as the right wrist differential is appropriate we can get along just fine. From the few times I've commandeered the DR, I've learned that she could out run me if she tried.

Been teaching her the finer points of riding in the dirt on a CRF250X. Next year's trip report will definitely step it up a notch. Stay tuned....
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
gregdee OP
Motocampist

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBark View Post
Man, was it hot there last summer! But you are right, it is a nice place, though we did no off-road stuff. Wear your mesh suit!
Mesh suits indeed. We were both wearing mesh jackets. Earlier in the summer we had been wearing full pressure suits but just couldn't handle the heat. On training missions along our local sections of the CDT we ran into some folks riding through boarder to boarder. We picked up on their gear choices and made the switch to armored mesh jackets and rain gear. Worked well for us.
gregdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #33
Deseret Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Moab for Ice Cream

Greg-----Nicely done. I encourage you to ride often and report as you've done this one. Good pictures and interesting commentary. I know the country that you covered here and have rode the same trails----and so I know what a good job you've done. Keep it up.

Oh----and one last comment in passing----My vote for the better machine would go to the DR 650 if only because Rod Currie (from http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834987 the Sibirsky Extreme report) is quoted as saying that the KLR is the machine that does everything----badly! Ha Ha What does he know?
Deseret Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #34
McRuss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I like this report and I like the way you ride it. Good spots you hit there mister.
You say true!

PS, Sorry I didn't stop by your place on my way back from AK but was beat (rode from Salt Lake) and had serious 'horse to water' syndrome.

Colorado native, doin' time in Texas
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #35
McRuss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
Gunnison eh? I loved the riding through the Cochetopa hills. The scenery was fantastic and there was virtually no one around. I had laid out an alternate route cutting from 114 right at the top of where the twisties through the canyon start over to Hartman's Rocks coming in on CR38 but I don't know if it would have worked. I really enjoyed exploring that area and I am certain there will be other trips.
It would have worked just fine. I lived in Gunnison for many years and rode that route often.

Colorado native, doin' time in Texas
McRuss is offline   Reply With Quote