ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
Marcus08
DRcus

Oddometer: 2
Bike storage in TEMPE area

Don,

Been riding across the states via parts of the TAT for about a month and a half or so from Maine and stopping thru Tempe, AZ on the way--Got a bit out out hand with the cold and snow in southern CO and had to book it south:). I have to head back to the east coast sometime at the beginning of January until about the middle of March and have been looking for a place to keep the bike safe for a bit. Came across this last night and was hoping you would have any suggestions or still might be a possibility yourself? Any help you could give (or anyone else!) would be much, much appreciated! Happy Holidays everyone and looking forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Marcus
Marcus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #47
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Certainly, you can call. And you're getting in just under the wire! I'm thinking of building a bike storage facility in the next couple of months. Individual lockable stalls with a gear locker and outlets for chargers.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Don

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #48
Marcus08
DRcus

Oddometer: 2
Don, Thank you so much! I will give you a call in a few days if that is ok to sort out details and see what you think. Knowing people like you are out there is a great feeling man. I'm actually hanging out with my seabee buddy here in Port Hueneme over the holidays. Cheers.

Marcus
Marcus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
seabee1
we build, we fight

very nice! that used to be my homeport when i was with nmcb-4. (naval mobile construction battalion 4)

have a great time, and call me when you like. i'll be here!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #50
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
... I'm thinking of building a bike storage facility in the next couple of months. Individual lockable stalls with a gear locker and outlets for chargers...
Don
Is this a business or just for helping people out?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #51
seabee1
we build, we fight

So far, just helping people out.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #52
Kevin1066
n00b

Oddometer: 1
2 Brits in the USA

Hi

We are a couple of middle aged British blokes who are touring the US in stages on two motorcycles.
We plan to arrive in Pheonix from New Mexico on the 11th may and fly back to the UK on the 12th.
We are looking for somewhere to store our bikes in Pheonix until october, when we will return to continue our trip. If you can offer any help or advice we would be most grateful
(I got your details when I did a google search about motorcycle storage in Pheonix)

Cheers Kevin
Kevin1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #53
seabee1
we build, we fight

Certainly, I can help you out.
It was good talking to you today. We can work out the details over the phone when the date gets closer.
I look forward to hearing about your travels!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #54
750Volts!
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
A few years ago I was thinking about doing an Adventure business, with the dollar cheap abroad, I kinda gave up in frustration mainly because almost everyone I know is lazy so it wouldn't work. I was thinking about what you were saying SeaBee about bike racks etc. What about a bike Hostel? I could be wrong, but there are quite a few guys that come here even from Canada that would be okay with a bed room, kitchenette and a bath if the price were right the Euros might like it and the Canadians might see it as a way to go sans motor home. In any case the valley has some cheap places to do this, but what you think about modifying something like this? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...8_M22075-10488 I don't think you would get guff, especially if there are people living there and buying things in town, I think they would be happy. The best thing is that the Small Business Admin loans up to $50k and you can LLC it so they don't take your undies if it fails. Just an idea, my head is filled with many of them...
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #55
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
A few years ago I was thinking about doing an Adventure business, with the dollar cheap abroad, I kinda gave up in frustration mainly because almost everyone I know is lazy so it wouldn't work. I was thinking about what you were saying SeaBee about bike racks etc. What about a bike Hostel? I could be wrong, but there are quite a few guys that come here even from Canada that would be okay with a bed room, kitchenette and a bath if the price were right the Euros might like it and the Canadians might see it as a way to go sans motor home. In any case the valley has some cheap places to do this, but what you think about modifying something like this? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...8_M22075-10488 I don't think you would get guff, especially if there are people living there and buying things in town, I think they would be happy. The best thing is that the Small Business Admin loans up to $50k and you can LLC it so they don't take your undies if it fails. Just an idea, my head is filled with many of them...
When I lived back east one of the things I looked forward to every year was doing a trip down to the Dragon. We would always stay at T.W.O.
It was awesome to have such a place. In all my moto travels that is the one place I would go back to again and again without reservation. They really made you feel like part of the family/.
I like the stuff that's going through your head lately 750.
Hope to see you tomorrow at the QC cafe.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #56
wrongturn
Directionally challanged

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Certainly, you can call. And you're getting in just under the wire! I'm thinking of building a bike storage facility in the next couple of months. Individual lockable stalls with a gear locker and outlets for chargers.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Don
If you built a facility like that I'd be in for sure. I've been going back and forth from New Hampshire every year for a while. I had a bike stashed there for a year but it didn't work out that well. Actually I'd probably rent two spots, one for a KLR and another for a dirtbike.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #57
seabee1
we build, we fight

Standby - coming soon!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 03-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street

Oddometer: 808
Quote:
Standby - coming soon!
Sounds like a good concept to me Seabee! How is it coming?

RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Jick Magger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #59
wrongturn
Directionally challanged

Oddometer: 128
I just bought another dirtbike out of Surprise. I'm headed to Black Canyon City 3/26. If you get a facility up before I leave in April I'll be your first customer.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #60
seabee1
we build, we fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick Magger View Post
Sounds like a good concept to me Seabee! How is it coming?
Hey, Brian! How's it going? Have you been on a bunch of great adventures since we last spoke?

It's coming together great. I still do the storage thing at my current location, but will have far superior options at the new facility. I'll snap some pics once its done.

Wrong turn, you can give me a call to arrange a meeting anytime!

www.dehmotorcycle.com