ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Hessian42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
anyone with an extra well used set of pelican 1550's in california???

7k miles into my "miami to patagonia trip" now with a jb welded broken case could use some help. Currently near visalia right outside sequoias. Went up on Wednesday to see the trees and somehow made it through the entrance even with the mandatory chains advisory. long story short made it to the top on deflated 50/50's but eventually grabbed a handfull of front brake at the right time and went for a little slide. Lost a big chunk of one of my side cases and jb welded/duct taped it back for now, though doubt it will hold for long. was thinking of swapping to real pelicans before heading south of the border anyhow but now have no choice. Was hoping to score some used 1550's on ebay as my budget is stretched thin as is and i couldn't afford retail. If anyone has an extra beat up set laying around that doesn't get much use and could let go of them for cheap please shoot me a PM. i have a fedex account and a shipping address in L.A or i can pick them up in person depending on location. planning on being in Cali till the second week of january.

If i have as much luck as i did with the tire thread from last week i know some adver will come through. tks a ton guys!

Hessian

http://hessianforpatagonia.blogspot.com/

Hessian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
A Seahorse SE-720 is almost the same size, they are like $55 shipped. I used a set on my Versys, now they are on my Tiger XC, and one for a topbox. I can't give you mine, but you could get one or two and finish your trip. Would be happy to help you get one or both mounted up and on your way. I'm in north orange county, 6 miles north of Disneyland.

Cases by masco are about the cheapest, you might even just ride out there and get one, they are in Murrieta near Temecula, or they'll ship one in so-CAL in a day: www.casesbymasco.com
Catalog page on the seahorse se720: http://www.casesbymasco.com/product-...e720-Case.html

They have pelicans too, the 1550's are $125 there. The iM2600 Storm's are also $125.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Hessian42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey browneye tks for the reply and links. I looked at the sea horse cases but they are only a little over 24 liters in storage space and the 1550's are closer to 33 liters. i'm looking to loose my huge 55 liter drybag up top and move stuff to the cases at the same time as i upgrade to heavier duty cases so i really need the extra liters. I could optionally pick up a set of duratool 35 liter cases (same cases i got now but larger) for about $70 shipped for a set though i really don't know if they are worth it, specially if a similar incident happens in south america where replacement cases won't be cheap or readily available. i'm gonna keep looking on ebay for 1550's and hoping for the best.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
Hessian42 - look for PM.

-dman
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Hessian42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

alright guys thanks to Dman pls disregard thread. Adv support came through yet once again!