Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #1741
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
Ive seen reviews in the stuff being worn nearly exclusively offroad.... I havent seen in first hand, but surely its not much heavier than other textile or leather street gear, right? Or wrong....?
Well it does make some sense, protection is very good, extremely well ventilated. But trust me on this, Motoport gear is equivalent to a full on leather race suit in weight, probably more so. I have bike friends who've picked up just the coat and the first words out of their mouths was GEEZUS THIS IS HEAVY!

In addition to the weight it is very bulky, especially with the quad armor. The kevlar does loosen up a lot over time, but never to the degree other grear does. I've got maybe 35-40 thousand miles and I often just stand the jacket up while leaning it against a wall.

All that being said I love my Motoport gear, I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't wear it offroad but it would seem to me theirs better choices out there.

Edit: Your quote line cracks me up, I wonder who said that >:-)

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #1742
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Well it does make some sense, protection is very good, extremely well ventilated. But trust me on this, Motoport gear is equivalent to a full on leather race suit in weight, probably more so. I have bike friends who've picked up just the coat and the first words out of their mouths was GEEZUS THIS IS HEAVY!

In addition to the weight it is very bulky, especially with the quad armor. The kevlar does loosen up a lot over time, but never to the degree other grear does. I've got maybe 35-40 thousand miles and I often just stand the jacket up while leaning it against a wall.

All that being said I love my Motoport gear, I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't wear it offroad but it would seem to me theirs better choices out there.

Edit: Your quote line cracks me up, I wonder who said that >:-)
I suppose thats a sacrifice ill have to make to have adequate protection. Im on a budget and id rather get one set of good gear over two cheaper sets.

That quote is actually from stn and the op ddnt carry over. Great quote though
NesquikNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #1743
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
That quote is actually from stn and the op ddnt carry over. Great quote though
It was me

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #1744
Fytclub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I'm here!

I have my stage one kit on order as well as a few other things.

I was hesitant to buy this bike after a quick test ride, but I'm glad I did. Stock this this thing is fun, can't wait to ride it uncorked.
Fytclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #1745
dangerdawg
NooB

Oddometer: 10
Trade Ricochet skid plate for stock muffler

Okay, after a little accident in the shop I find myself in need a new muffler, which I can't afford. I do however have a slightly used Ricochet skid plate that I'd be willing to trade to one of you guys that put on an aftermarket muffler for your stock muffler. Maybe we work out a deal. Send a PM, it will forward to my email.
dangerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #1746
Fytclub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdawg View Post
Okay, after a little accident in the shop I find myself in need a new muffler, which I can't afford. I do however have a slightly used Ricochet skid plate that I'd be willing to trade to one of you guys that put on an aftermarket muffler for your stock muffler. Maybe we work out a deal. Send a PM, it will forward to my email.
I'll do it!
Fytclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #1747
Crilly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Hay, that looks like me on my ride to the coke ovens.
Crilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #1748
Tommyrg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Well guys got the EJK tuner, powercore 4 and the power bomb for christmas.....WOW I put the tuner on the day before I got the exhaust and I can honestly say ITS NOT ALL THE TUNER! ! ! Dont get me wrong the tuner is great and gives you more power on hand but the pc4/pb combo really lets this thing out of the fence. I can now clutch up 2CD gear wheelies and hold them all the way to the rev limiter. I also took a nasty spill leaving work this afternoon, the tires were cold 38 degrees out pulled out of the drive at about 20mph hit a patch of sand and there went the low sided fall on the muffler side...no worries though chewed my grip up a little more and sanded the number plate down a bit, bent the peg a tad.. Thats it....on tarmac I think thats pretty good and normal. no scuffs at all on the new pipe . Pictures to follow in the AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1749
Cobain
night owl

Oddometer: 132
The crf is a cute little bike, i was checking one out at the dealer and it seemed pretty sick until i noticed it was a 250.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #1750
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobain View Post
The crf is a cute little bike, i was checking one out at the dealer and it seemed pretty sick until i noticed it was a 250.
250 too much for you, is it?

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #1751
NesquikNinja
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobain View Post
Yep not a machine for someone who needs to compensate for something ya know
NesquikNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #1752
Just Bob
Been There Done That

Oddometer: 257
I hate to respond to a troll, but he/she/it does make a point. The LRP is only 250cc. And I see a ton of posters here throwing a lot of money after hop-up parts. Have to admit I'm a sucker for pipes and programmers as well, but the point is, the LRP is what it is and its fun because of that.

I've got a few bikes around. I can climb on my KTM 950 SM and go into hyperspace any time I want. Fact is, 250s are just a gas to thrash. And THAT is what its all about. Fun.

Dear Mr. Troll, This is me and one of my options. You may kiss it.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #1753
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Ricochet

Anybody who's done the Ricochet, is the attach point for the rear of the stock plastic one through those holes in the frame 14mm, that may also attach the engine to the frame? Mine do NOT want to budge. Another 10 minute job that's taking 4 times as long. The garage floor isn't very warm either.
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #1754
Cobain
night owl

Oddometer: 132
Haha you guys are awesome.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #1755
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Emperor Racing Heavy Duty Skid Plate

I know awhile back some of you guys said you were going to get this plate. Any of you got it and installed it yet? I would like to see a front shot of it as the website just has bottom and side views. It looks like a well made plate. I'm also wondering if the welds look better than the Richochet plate.
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote