Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
ph0rk OP
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,048
The most boring bike you've ever ridden

Posting this in road warriors because blacktop is boring, right?

Unlike most people, I seem to actually gravitate towards "boring" bikes. Words like appliance and bland sound like synonyms for "workhorse" and "reliable" to me. I hear linear power delivery and 50+ mpg and I get unexcited!

A few choice quotes about boring bikes, bike models removed to protect the guilty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
The most boring motor in the history of irrigation pump motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EetsOK View Post
Tried numerous ones and they are all boring. They work well enough, comfort, handling, braking pwoer are all very good for a bike in its class and price but somehow I feel bored on it. It does everything very well except it is as interesting as a new kitchen appliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X1Glider View Post
123 RWHP but an utterly boring linear acceleration, an annoying intake "wheeze" instead of a howl, and vibes that are much finer but in a frequency that doesn't agree with my wrists, 4 less mpg, fully adjustable suspension that really is just ok.

Just an ok bike, IMO. It actually bores me to tears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripple View Post
in my opinion of of the most boring bikes on the road. For me, lack of character in a bike is a death sentence. I cannot own a bike that has no "soul".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey78 View Post
It was a good tourer, dirt road rider, weekend getaway, haul camping gear bike. It worked every time and was easy to own. It was just more boring than I wanted.

What's the most boring bike you've ever ridden? What was so boring about it? What bikes failed to achieve the pinnacle of boringness?

What bikes have a pulse-calming, breath-regulating, drool-correcting effect every time you ride or look at them?

My entry, a bike so boring I can't even find a decent image more recent than the summer 2011: