Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #136
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,720
Too bad some of us don't have the time and money to drop by and visit.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #137
nameless
100% recyclable

Oddometer: 127
Eek

that is really one of the worst story's I've read in a while about online shopping.... Midway through the thread i was thinking that if it was me i would not be so patient as you. The reality is that it's tough to get something done, but since Romania joined the EU they have to deal with EU law as well, and it might just be a bit simpler for you to get a claim. If you have the time, this can be a place to look for some information https://e-justice.europa.eu/home.do?...en&action=home , and with the help of this community i'm sure that it might take some time, but at least he will think twice before doing something like that again.

The guy might have been through a rough time, but it boils down to his personality. I would not buy from such a vendor, even if he sold the best product in the world, and thanks to threads like this, all of us can learn from a very expensive experience of a fellow rider. Thanks for that.

Let us know how it ends up

'13 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré
Keep Calm
and
Carry On
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #138
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Did HolyCanolli get the panniers?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #139
HolyCannoli OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Hello Everyone,
I am so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. I have a lot going on in my life (new baby in a few weeks, remodel, job change) and at this point this situation is really an annoyance so to be honest, I have been avoiding thinking about it.

I did receive some panniers about a month ago. They came in shitty card board boxes with no mounting hardware, no racks and not in the custom size I paid for but hey, at least it's something. I emailed back asking for a refund of 342 Euros for the racks, mounting hardware and the fact that they didn't make them the size I asked and paid for. Here was the response:

Quote:
consideration the excuses. I read the history of your e-mail and is a very long story and unpleasant for you and for Konvoi too.

So, Istvan is out of Konvoi because some personal problems and we can`t do (without him) racksystem for Triumph Tiger 1050. But I can send you the mounting kit, Konvoi has now also a new model.
- first:
http://konvoi.ro/blog/english/2012/0...cycle-luggage/
- second, a new model: in attach.
And I can send you a plate for topcase, if you will agree that.
About give you back the difference, of course I will do that, but I need some time, because I don`t have acces to the Istvan paypal account, I will do another account for my personal card. I discussed this day to the bank and I await for an answer.

Please send me an e-mail and answer me if you still want the mounting kit and the plate and I will send you in some days an answer about a payment for rack and for the difference in the topcase price.

Thank you!

Daniela Dincu
Sales Representative Konvoi Romania (adventure luggage system)
www.konvoi.ro, konvoi.ro/blog, http://www.facebook.com/konvoi.ro
I responded that I wanted a refund and received this the same day:
Quote:
Ok, Eric, I will be back with news from bank. Thank you for understanding.

Daniela
So as of today it has been one month. Maybe the banks are few and far between in Romania? Anyway, I will be emailing them again tomorrow.

P.S. The bags are really pretty nice for the money, to bad I mutter cusses under my breath every time I look at them.
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #140
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Congratulation for the baby HolyCanolli. Also i m glad you get some of your order I hope get the refund too.
Istvan is out of Convoi. That's good news. He gave a lot of trouble to you and few other riders. They do a good work with the panniers. (I saw the Convoi panniers of a friend of mine last year in Athens) I was ready to order from him racks and panniers for my bike. I own a Honda Africa twin 750. Since i saw the problems, i m glad i didn't. So i bought from a new luggage company from Poland http://holan.pl/en/catalog/245/406/0/Nomada_PRO_cases and i m very happy did that. In 2 weeks time i had everything at home in Greece. The cases are very good quality and amazing strong (2mm aluminum sheet). And they are not too expensive. They come without locks. I bought for 25 euros if i remember well.

Anyway Happy new year to Everyone and Keep Riding.

RiderMakis screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 03:07 AM
RiderMakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #141
DoctorAbo
friends call me Mitsulas

Oddometer: 261
Hello Makis, very well done. Very nice paniers.
Ready o hit the roads !!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #142
Ibfted
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCannoli View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. I have a lot going on in my life (new baby in a few weeks, remodel, job change) and at this point this situation is really an annoyance so to be honest, I have been avoiding thinking about it.

I did receive some panniers about a month ago. They came in shitty card board boxes with no mounting hardware, no racks and not in the custom size I paid for but hey, at least it's something. I emailed back asking for a refund of 342 Euros for the racks, mounting hardware and the fact that they didn't make them the size I asked and paid for. Here was the response:

I responded that I wanted a refund and received this the same day:

So as of today it has been one month. Maybe the banks are few and far between in Romania? Anyway, I will be emailing them again tomorrow.

P.S. The bags are really pretty nice for the money, to bad I mutter cusses under my breath every time I look at them.

How are ya,

I haven't added to this post until now, but yet again I'm another guy that was done by Konvoi, pitty I didn't see the ones above, they look class. I placed my order last summer 2012, I have to say they responded to my mails and like you I got a set of boxes which I'm so happy with. But again like you I was left with no brackets and no frames. I've phoned, e-mailed and got the romanian embassey here in Ireland to make contact, but unlike you, I've had no reply.

It such a pitty, the boxes are so nice, the last word I had was that a car was comming to Dublin, Ireland and that my frames and boxes were in it. Guess what, never arrived.

So please, never go near these guys, they are thieves. pure and simple!!
Ibfted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #143
HolyCannoli OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Sorry to hear that there are others. When is the last time you called him? I am going to start calling him again just because. I would be interested to see if the number you have is the same as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibfted View Post
How are ya,

I haven't added to this post until now, but yet again I'm another guy that was done by Konvoi, pitty I didn't see the ones above, they look class. I placed my order last summer 2012, I have to say they responded to my mails and like you I got a set of boxes which I'm so happy with. But again like you I was left with no brackets and no frames. I've phoned, e-mailed and got the romanian embassey here in Ireland to make contact, but unlike you, I've had no reply.

It such a pitty, the boxes are so nice, the last word I had was that a car was comming to Dublin, Ireland and that my frames and boxes were in it. Guess what, never arrived.

So please, never go near these guys, they are thieves. pure and simple!!
HolyCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #144
Ibfted
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCannoli View Post
Sorry to hear that there are others. When is the last time you called him? I am going to start calling him again just because. I would be interested to see if the number you have is the same as mine.

How are ya?

The number I'm using is 0040747842490, I'm mailing office@konvoi.ro and lauramarginean1980@yahoo.com

Before I paid I called to make sure I was talking to the right person via the e-mails because I mailed the office, but got the reply from the Laura address. I got through no bother that day. But not any more.

It's such a shame, the boxes I got are top class, I love them, but without the frames and brackets it's just a pain and money I haven't got to waste. I'm trying to find someone around me here who can make some for a good price, but it will take me a good while to save the cash again. It took over a year to pay the first time for the set. I had planned to save and buy the top box this year, but no way now.

But hey, it's good to get something, but I'm guessing that how this place operates. Send them something, that way lots will go away without making too much bother.

I don't understand why they wouldn't put them in with the boxes when they posted them.

Hope you have better luck then me getting your stuff. I'm got going to stop trying. No way should a thieving fu** like this be allowed to continue. I hope the fuc**r gets what's coming to him.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #145
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,889
So Istvan's out of the business- according to his wife? Something smells fishy about that.

See my previous post- Daniela is identified by the local Romanian police site as his wife, and her picture is also on his stunter site.

I guess she's not dead.

Btw- who's Laura Marginean? I can't figure out where she comes in...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #146
Ibfted
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
So Istvan's out of the business- according to his wife? Something smells fishy about that.

See my previous post- Daniela is identified by the local Romanian police site as his wife, and her picture is also on his stunter site.

I guess she's not dead.

Btw- who's Laura Marginean? I can't figure out where she comes in...
He isn't put of business anyway, over Christmas he had the site updated to say 20% discounts. I don't know who Laura is, it's just the mail address I was getting contacted by him. I'm guessing like any thieves out there they have many ways of getting your cash.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #147
Matt fe2o3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Guys, I guess it sucks and while I was one of the lucky ones that got the two box set for cheap, you get what you pay for. Corner braising at all 8 corners per box leads to top fractures. Will spend a whole day sorting with stiffeners, JB weld and rivets.

Quality is actually total crap. Should have bought happy trails or touratech.

Cheers
Matt fe2o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #148
mpou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Update from Canada

It has been a while since I last posted on this forum ( Nov 15 2012 ), but I must say that Daniela at Konvoi did get in touch by email and reviewed my situation in December. We emailed back and forth for about a month and a half, reviewing the order and the proof of payment, etc. She finally promised to do something about it. In her last email, dated January 4th 2013, she wrote that she was ready to send the completed panniers. That is the last I heard from her. Nothing since then. I am now in limbo again, without news about what is happening. It is now day 347, or 11 months and 7 days since I paid / placed my order with Konvoi. The lack of sustained communication is the most aggravating thing. Hopefully, there will be a positive resolution in the near future. Only time will tell.
Mario in Canada
mpou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #149
RiderMakis
Adventurer

http://www.heavyduties.ro

This is another one Romanian company works with panniers, racks, etc and they are really professionals.
I do not want to advertise them, but i have to say that i made an order, rectangles and mounting kit to built racks myself and in 2 weeks time delivered at home. I paid by paypal. Alex is the guy who replay the e-mails and he is very helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #150
mpou
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
First year anniversary

It is now exactly one year since I ordered and paid for my cases from Konvoi. Still waiting. Wow. Way to go, Konvoi. Shame on you.
Mario in Canada.
mpou is offline   Reply With Quote