ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
palinka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Question Dealerships in Vegas?

I'll be in Vegas for a couple days, and I thought I'd check out some local motorcycle dealerships.
I'd rather spend my hard earned $ on some new gear/toys than leave it at the tables.

I was surprised to find that neither Triumph nor Ducati have dealerships in the area. Are there any local dealerships worth checking out? I know there is/was a big Harley place right on the strip. I am not interested in chaps or bandanas, so please don't point me there.
palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,227
Check again. New Triumph dealer on Decatur. BMW - Husquvarna mjust west of there off of 215, and Carter Powersports is the new KTM dealer.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
palinka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
Check again. New Triumph dealer on Decatur. BMW - Husquvarna mjust west of there off of 215, and Carter Powersports is the new KTM dealer.
Triumph's website shows no dealerships in all of Nevada.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by palinka View Post
I'll be in Vegas for a couple days, and I thought I'd check out some local motorcycle dealerships.
I'd rather spend my hard earned $ on some new gear/toys than leave it at the tables.

I was surprised to find that neither Triumph nor Ducati have dealerships in the area. Are there any local dealerships worth checking out? I know there is/was a big Harley place right on the strip. I am not interested in chaps or bandanas, so please don't point me there.
if u want the biggest and the best selection-drive 3 hrs to chaparell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they have almost everything u need-no triumph's or ducati's but there are dealerships near by!

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
palinka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
if u want the biggest and the best selection-drive 3 hrs to chaparell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they have almost everything u need-no triumph's or ducati's but there are dealerships near by!
Are they in San Bernardino? I am driving out of LA, so that would be a definite possibility.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
berts mega mall, in west covina........... from LA, 210 east, exit azusa, south, and theyr're on the right. then its just a short hop back to the 210, and off to lost wages you go.

ducati, ktm, triumph, honda, kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, chinese crap, polaris, can am,

other than bmw or harley, they have most the bases covered, as much as i dont like super huge dealers, they have the ability to deal, tons of inventory, and i dont feel bad about gettin the price down

i bought my bonneville from there. (they have more "high risk" banks that lend to doods like me)
villageidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,184
The Triumph/Vespa dealer is brand new, a month or so I think. It's at Decatur where it crosses the 215, just SW of the strip. I haven't been in there yet, but drive by every day going to work.

I thought I'd heard that Sportsman Cycle (KTM) was still in business? Didn't know Carter Powersports had picked up KTM...

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
rjnutt
Desert tortoise

Oddometer: 241
Triumph in Vegas

Freedom Cycle
5031 Wagon Trail Ave.
Las Vegas, NV

Its owned by the Yuill brothers they have had the Triumph store in Reno for several years, top notch outfit.
rjnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #9
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by palinka View Post
Are they in San Bernardino? I am driving out of LA, so that would be a definite possibility.
Chapparal is so much better for gear than Berts. Berts has more used bikes though.

For Chapparal stay on the 210 east, go past the 15 and in a few miles take 215 south, not too far out of the way and worth the trouble.

maybe you don't like Harley, but Red Rock Harley in LV is really worth a visit just to see the bike collection, not just Harley.
TUCKERS is online now   Reply With Quote