Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
Riot
Tiger Rider

Oddometer: 105
I have these : http://bikersgearaustralia.com/detai...LTIzMC0wLTU3NQ
Cheapish @ $139 but decent value IMHO.
The soft CE knee armor seemed a bit low when wearing them standing but while seated it is in exactly the right place and quite comfortable.
The hip armor is also soft CE and perfectly located at all times.
I have only tried the liners once and it made them too hot for QLD.
Even without the liners they don't seem to wick rain through, and I have given them fair opportunity to do so.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
I've had loads of bike specific pants, and most anything "waterproof" tended to leak soon after purchase, and generally had the breathability of a condom. In short, most unsatisfactory.

Someone in here advertised a used BMW Rally II Pro suit, so I took a ride, tried it on (it is simply the best fitting gear I've ever had) and wore it home, and haven't looked back since.

It has full (removable) armour in the jacket and pants, goretex removable liners that truly work as advertised, works in-boot or over-boot, is multi-adjustable for different seasons, has inbuilt closable air vents, waterproof jacket pocket for wallet, inbuilt water bladder pouch, removable sleeves, etc etc etc.

It's the old story, you get what you pay for. In my experience, the BMW Rally Pro riding gear is superb, i have yet to see or wear anything comparable. It doesn't seem to wear out either.

I hope this helps.
+1
Had lots of "waterproof" gear, either you get soaked cos you may was well wear a flyscreen, or you get soaked in your own sweat... ewww

Bought the rallye2 pants a few years back. Without the gortex lining, good for hot weather, with the lining, good for wet or cold weather. I was so impressed I ended up buying the Rallye2 Jacket.
Last year I had a little opps, and sprained my ankle, had to leave the boot on for two days, but unfortunately I left the lining in... weather was pretty hot, but bearable with the lining in.
I upgraded to the rallye3 this year. This is much less "baggy" than the Rallye2 and the gortex lining is now CARE (something similar to gortex)
I've ridden through 2 thunderstorms during the GS Safari, I only got damp around my belly, where the jacket meets the pants. My guess the rain came up under the jacket. One of the storms was so intense that one pannier had about an inch of water in it.
The Rallye3 suit is a better cut than the 2, both are "heavy" to pickup, but once on is pretty good. The pants on both are very well ventilated. I feel the Rallye3 is a little bit "colder" than 2 in cold weather.
Down side is the waterproof lining, but checking the weather before the ride helps avoid that situation.

I did check out the Tigerangel suit with full gortex bonded (?) into it... very good. Haven't worn one, but they look the goods, bonus is you get it custom made.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #18
stooy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I have a set of the RST Pro Series Adventure Pants.

Very Very happy with them, they are waterproof, fit over my A Star Tech 3's and stood up well to a 60kmh high side. I am convinced the knee pads saved me from a broken Patellla. I would recommend getting the optional hip armour for an extra $20.

Cheers

Stewart
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #19
livo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
I've got a pair of DriRider Alpine pants and I reckon they are alright for the money. Was out on some dirt the other day and trying to dodge the showers, but ended up getting rained on and a shit load of dirt water from puddles etc......... ended up getting home dry as a bone...... and I didn't even have my waterproof liner in

The inbuilt armour is not too uncomfortable as soon as you get used to it
Old 12-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Tiger Angel

I bought tiger angel pants then later the jacket. I even have my Avatar on the back of the jacket. No soggy crotch after a few hours of rain!

The advantges are tailor made fit. ( no elephant bum if your legs are too short) it breathes well even in the heat of the Flinders ranges, the thermal lining in the jacket zips out. I don't usually use it unless it is a really cold day.

I got my jacket as a loose fit brecause I prefer wearing a presure suit under the jacket.

It can be altered and repaired if your needs change.

Hi vis yellow looks really good on Suzuki riders!
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
Clacka
motomofo

Oddometer: 798
KLIM Traverse rocks, totally waterproof without having to stuff around with removable liners but with great ventilation.

Only complaint is the velcro closures on the bottom of the pants don't seem to stay closed, I just wrap some double sided velcro around the outside... fixed
2004 HD 1200 Custom Sporty (Harold) FOR SALE
sortof...
1978 Yamaha TT500 (The Beast) (sold)
Clacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacka View Post
KLIM Traverse rocks, totally waterproof without having to stuff around with removable liners but with great ventilation.

Only complaint is the velcro closures on the bottom of the pants don't seem to stay closed, I just wrap some double sided velcro around the outside... fixed
And they breathe.

My legs stay velcroed no worries. The only thing that would make the outfit better for me is an adjustable neck on ther jacket. On mine, its a single press stud. I put a draught stopper in there when necessary, and it all works, but some adjustment would be better..
Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
matt_ali_walsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
+1 Tiger Angel

Both of us have Tiger Angel Elements pants and jackets, and they are EXCELLENT. I had a problem with mine pants after 12 or 18 months and a heap of k's - 20 or 30. Went in, they were patched up, but I was told they weren't entirely happy with the repair, so made me a new set and sent them out when they were done. Pretty much the exact opposite of what happened when I had an issue with a top of the range Dririder jacket previously - the importer wasn't interested at all in resolving my problem.
The pants breathe, and really have no warmth in them at all, so I wear thermal pants under in winter, and just shorts in summer. Perhaps a bit warmer than kevlar jeans, but more comfy and way more protection.
From here on I'll be happy to pay the premium, keep the money in Australia, and have gear that fits and works as it should. I wouldn't go past them, for what it's worth!!
Cheers
Matt
Old 06-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #24
live4daride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
"BUMP" for squizzy.
I picked up a pair of Traverse pants with armour fitted last week. Haven't won them on the bike yet. The two day nav ride on 22nd 23rd june organised by TB650 on the Old Bulls Forum should be a good opportunity :)