Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #16
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthangen View Post
TuefelHunded, you got pics of the seat?
I can make some pic's if you want them, but it looks "almost" identical to the stock. Even if I could put the original stock side by side with the modified seat it would be very hard to tell the difference. It is a bit wider across the back and I mean "a bit." There are slight differences in the slope where your legs fit on the sides too, but again very slight. You tell the difference by feeling it. One of the things I had him do is work on the channel where your manly parts are. As I said you can't see much of a difference because of the stretch in the cover, but I no longer feel "the boys" crawling up my throat . You do see a noticeable difference between it and the Sergeant, but you could see that with compared to a stock too. Don't know how to explain it, but the foam feels softer than stock but firm at the same time. It AIN'T NO feekin' pillow like some saddles I've seen. LIke I said, I will take some pics if you want.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Rick Mayer is having a 50% off sale for GS and RT seats for the remainder of this month.

http://www.rickmayercycle.com/
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
Slippy Chips
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas123 View Post
Rick Mayer is having a 50% off sale for GS and RT seats for the remainder of this month.

http://www.rickmayercycle.com/
Dang! That's a great deal! I wish I'd found out about this sooner. I'm out of town til January. Maybe there'll be a similar sale next month.
IBA #56918
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
Gillus
High Desert Rat

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Chips View Post
Dang! That's a great deal! I wish I'd found out about this sooner. I'm out of town til January. Maybe there'll be a similar sale next month.
+1.
I have a sergeant and it is ok, great for standing. On a long trip this past summer I got an Airhawk on top with just enough air to float and did just fine.
Some seats that are good/narrow front for standing will have a small butt print.
Gillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
hyena
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
To the OP...see if you can find somebody in your area who has a Sargent and will loan it to you. My experience with Sargent is limited to a single test ride. I can't remember the duration...at least 50 miles, probably less than a hundred. I borrowed it from a guy in the local club. It didn't work for me at all. I thought it barely better than stock. I wanted (hoped) to like it. It looks good, price it OK, etc. But that seat and my butt just didn't match.

I bought a pair of used GSA seats, cheap, and they were an improvement over stock, so I rode with them for a couple three years. Ultimately, last fall, I sent the GSA seats to Russell for a pair of Day Long seats. Best seats I've ever sat on. They do take some getting used to, sliding forward slightly at a stop to get the feet down. A small price to pay. Girl friend loves them as well. After several hundred miles, we're not only still comfortable, we're not even fidgeting around on the seats. I chose black, all vinyl, half moon stitching. No regrets about the vinyl over leather.

Good luck finding what works for you.