Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Ze Bebert OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
One ticket from Moscow

hello all,

I'm starting thinking (say, it's realy the begining ! ) about a trip to moscow.
trouble is ; if the trip from Toulouse in France (hometown) to moscow is ok in my lifestyle ( work, familly, etc.. )
the trip back is hard to manage. ( going "back" fast by highway is for me useless, i do not like to put milleage on my bike for straight ribon of bitume )
Nevertheless, i tought I'll put a message here to ask for some help or advice.

Goal is to trip to moscow by Italie, Slovania, Croatia, hugaria, romania, moldova, Ukraine, russia and to make the way back on plane or whatever, including me, my wife and a 1200 GSA.

Thanks for anby tips, hints, whatever yours guys think...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,195
Well, no responses I think because I have read your request several times and I am not sure what you are asking.

Are you saying you want to ride a 1200GSA from France to Moscow with your wife and then fly home with your bike?

Is this what you want? You can do this. It means buying two airline tickets and paying to ship you bike back to France - Expensive but possible, and less expensive than 5-6 days on the road back to France....

I suggest perhaps that you consider a circular route, a loop that includes France and Moscow, but in a circle that includes France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Russia and then back via Lithuania, Poland Germany and then France.

In this way you do not cover the same road twice.

If this route is too long perhaps you could ride 1/2 of the route this year, leave the bike somewhere safe (I know of one in Bulgaria), fly home and then rejoin your bike next year to complete the ride. I did this from Germany to Tbilisi, Georgia and back.

I hope this helps, I am not sure I have understood your question. If you wish to elaborate I will try again.

Good Luck
Old 12-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
GiorgioXT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,336
I think that sending back bike from Poland or Latvia Estonia , that are EU states could save a lot of hassle with customs , and maybe be cheaper too.
Look for transport companies near you and find one that do frequent service with Poland or Baltic .
DRZ400 S '03 XT600 '90 XT550 '82 XT500 '81 - giorgioxt@email.it - www.polverosi.org - EchM#645
"se sei incerto tieni APERTO !
GiorgioXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Ze Bebert OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Maybe.. surely my english is a bit rusted, that is why you do not get my question..

Since i do not practice evryday, sorry.

Dear lhendrik first, thanx for your anwser, you did get the general point.

Yes I am saying that i want to ride my bike from Toulouse France, to Moscow Russia. as far as the two ticket back from Moscow, i would say "off course".
my main problem is the bike, and that is the reason of this post.

a circulat trip, well it is a problem of time. OR i do not reach Moscow, and gess what ? i wannaaa goooo (child crying )

living the bike somewhere is a good idea, but it is also my evryday drive... so i canot.

But see you know a place in bulgaria !! maybe one here know a good "plan" for shiping bikes out of Moscow ??

as for sending bike from other country, well I did not say evrithing.. my wife is from Bucarest and I am working from time to time with romanian, so i have a truck every 2-3 months from Bucarest to Toulouse..
but no, Moscow-Bucarest is a bit far...

Thank you all for your time
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
Paulius1
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Hello fellows. If you decide to travel through Lithuania, Kaunas city and you will need some help: motorcycle service (I can recommend few small services who is very professionally take care of my motorcycles), affordable accommodation, or simply sleep in my home at one night, or someone else's, you can contact me.
I also participate in couch surfing program and will be happy to spend day with guests - motorcycle riders, if I will be free.

Notify me PM when you really know your plans.
Paulius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
AlpineGuerrilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Hey Paulius

Make sure you post your information in the Tent Space Sign-Up Thread. It's kind of like Couchsurfing, but for ADVriders.

Eastern Europe is still a big hole on the List, so it would be great if you signed up.

Cheers
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #7
northumbrian
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hi,
Personally I would do the loop (if you can afford the time) come back from Moscow, Warsaw , Berlin , then down through Switzerland.
It's got to be more fun and so much less hassle.
From experience, please be aware Russian roads and drivers are some of the worst in the world, motorcycles are not so popular for this reason....... Take care!
Dos va Danya.

09 Ducati Multistrada 1100 S
northumbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #8
mixermsk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Hi. I living in Moscow and I think that it's not good idea to ship your bike from Russia. I tried to send my bike to Novosibirsk in last year - it's expensive and not all companies ships bikes. You are also should remember about the customs(it may take a long time).

I suggest to ship bike from EU - from Estonia, for example. After Moscow you can visit to St. Petersburg and then you can go to Estonia.

P.S. I also don`t recommend to go through M-9 (highway between Riga and Moscow) - this road is very bad quality. The road through Minsk and Smolensk much better(the border between Belarusia and Russia takes a little time)

mixermsk screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 04:29 AM
mixermsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
randel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I would also suggest you to return to EU with bike, it's only 1000km between Moscow and Tallinn (estonian capital). You can send a bike from Estonia to France without problems or alternatively pick a ferry from Tallinn (via Helsinki) to Rostock in Germany and finish your trip without shipping your bike at all.
http://www.finnlines.com/ferry-trips...tock/timetable
randel is offline   Reply With Quote