ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #331
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Tell her they have cheese, chocolate and poppy seed cakes. Maybe there is a deal if you can eat all three at once.
__________________
+

OurBC screwed with this post 12-20-2012 at 11:02 AM
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #332
H96669
A proud pragmatist.
 
H96669's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Hiding off Hwy 6, B.C.
Oddometer: 4,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
Tell her they have cheese, chocolate and poppy seed cakes. Maybe there is a deal if you can eat all three at once.
Poppy seed cake....Good thing we don't have to pee in the bottle. My Second Cook used to work the gulf on the oil rigs/supply boats, no baking poppy seed cake there.
__________________
Have tools, will travel!
H96669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #333
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Pig BBQ Joint

Had a great beef brisket sandwich and home cut french fries at Pig BBQ Joint at the Westshore Mall. Lots of motorcycle parking http://pigbbqjoint.com/, well worth it. Good selection of refreshments on tap.
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #334
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Fifth Street - Victoria

Lunch here yesterday, you won't be disappointed. http://www.fifthstreet.ca/
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #335
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,214
My family and I shared the BBQ Platter at Smoken Bones BBQ in Victoria last week. It's a giant plate-full of good, but not great for $50.00. Four hungry guys probably couldn't finish it!
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #336
jackd
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Cowichan
Oddometer: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
Lunch here yesterday, you won't be disappointed. http://www.fifthstreet.ca/
I've been missing your regular updates to this thread. Nice to see you're still at it. I've been meaning to branch out more during my visits to Victoria, but my Son and I keep heading to our old favourite:

http://www.pagliaccis.ca/

It's hard to believe that downtown Victoria is fairly quiet these days, but this restaurant is generally packed on all days for lunch and dinner. We generally head down for a visit to Munro's book store and MEC, before stopping for an extendo lunch at this place. Then it's back to the Cowichan Valley in under an hour - ah you can't beat living on the south Island.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #337
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
My family and I shared the BBQ Platter at Smoken Bones BBQ in Victoria last week. It's a giant plate-full of good, but not great for $50.00. Four hungry guys probably couldn't finish it!
I also heard that it has gone down a bit since they moved out of Langford. Apparantly you only get one side thrown when you order an meal, it used to be two, a much better deal.
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #338
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
I've been missing your regular updates to this thread. Nice to see you're still at it. I've been meaning to branch out more during my visits to Victoria, but my Son and I keep heading to our old favourite:

http://www.pagliaccis.ca/

It's hard to believe that downtown Victoria is fairly quiet these days, but this restaurant is generally packed on all days for lunch and dinner. We generally head down for a visit to Munro's book store and MEC, before stopping for an extendo lunch at this place. Then it's back to the Cowichan Valley in under an hour - ah you can't beat living on the south Island.
Pagliaccis is always busy. A good time for dinner is around, 5:15, no line ups yet.
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #339
jackd
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Cowichan
Oddometer: 2,907
Oh I don't mind lining up outside - especially if they give you a mug of the house red wine to while away your time... The food is always good and the ambiance and scenery is first rate.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #340
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer
 
250senuf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Kootenai, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
... Apparantly you only get one side thrown when you order an meal, it used to be two, a much better deal.


translation/explanation please.
__________________
Not all who wonder are confused
250senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #341
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post


translation/explanation please.
Have a look at the menu http://www.smokenbones.ca/uploads/sm...-menu-2012.pdf. Additional sides are $2.50 extra after 1, used to be 2.


A couple of weeks ago I did manage to finally try Legendz Diner in Golden. Was not on motorcycle. Food was just ok, staff and diner really friendly, lots of locals hanging out. Golden Grizzly across the street had not opened yet, that is usually a favourite.


Legendz Diner in Golden



__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #342
DNF
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DNF's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Kootenays
Oddometer: 404
Those fries don't look so good.
DNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #343
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNF View Post
Those fries don't look so good.
You are correct, very ordinary.
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #344
OurBC OP
Live to Travel
 
OurBC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Oddometer: 348
Hilary's Cheese in Cowichan Bay

Very good lunch the other day at Hilary's Cheese in Cowichan Bay.



Hilary's Cheese in Cowichan Bay



Grilled Cheese and Soup



Ploughman's Lunch
__________________
+
OurBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #345
jackd
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: North Cowichan
Oddometer: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBC View Post
Very good lunch the other day at Hilary's Cheese in Cowichan Bay.



Hilary's Cheese in Cowichan Bay



Grilled Cheese and Soup



Ploughman's Lunch
I'll have to try that one out. Cowichan Bay is quite the picturesque little strip with kind of an old fishing village feel to it - I love riding through there when I do my rounds of the south Cowichan area. Ever gone to the Rock Cod Café? I've heard some good reports from neighbours around here.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014