Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper1871 View Post
When I had my first child, I did not have time to ride anymore. I stored one bike and kept the Kawasaki KE 100. I had three children so it stayed that way for many years.

In a few years just buy another one.
+1

did without a bike for a little while when #2 was born. didn't hurt at all to sell two bikes and have none. now they're raising cane running through the house, trampling flowers, tearing up things, and it's perfectly fine to have two bikes again.

it's not like all the bikes are going to disappear off the face of the earth if you don't have one a while. :) give it time
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
DLFLHT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by msollars View Post
I feel like i'd be much more apt to ride the smaller TW to work. I teach in a school that's MAYBE a mile.....about 2-3 minutes drive from where i live. (out of the neighborhood, down 'main' street, turn into the parking lot. repeat to head home)
If I lived that close to work, I'd walk. There's no way I'd start up anything I valued and ride/drive it for a mile and shut it off twice a day. I live a mile from the light rail station and I walk it every day, regardless of the weather.

So, I'll give you $3k for the Wee, gas money to get it here and a Greyhound ticket home!
DLFLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseskildsen View Post
if its that much trouble, why dont you do the misses a favour and rejet her bike, so it will run properly? probably just a tad up in idle jet and/or adjust co screw.

My ac cooled bike is about to turn 90.000km with unopened engine, and no oiluse, nothing bad about being simple.
exactly.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Msollars....if the TW200 is pulling at you...do it!.You definetly wouldn't want to go on the Interstates with it,or anyother light weight bike...you'll get blown around....the TW200 engine could handle it,but,it's too light.Hopefully this helps out someone?.....most folks think they "need" a larger displacement bike if they are not touring...you won't.Different story if you live primarily/commute on interstates...go for a dedicated street bike then.Rejet the TW,shim the needle and 2.5 out approx. on the pilot screw...your good to go!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
WeRide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Tw200

If you are going to ride on the street at all definetely look at the WR250R and/or WR250X. If height is an issue the XT250 is the way to go.
WeRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
ddavidv
Thrifty not cheap

Oddometer: 1,085
Uhhh, guys...this thread was dead 1.5 years ago...

KLR Chronicles, list of my Ride Reports in PA/MD:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post18782262
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote