ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #32641
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,391
My 2 cents...get a pile of wood together and then rent a splitter for a day...one less thing to own/store/maintain

That is if you are just doing camp wood, if your heating your house to then thats different
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #32642
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,395
Mmmmm.. new plastics to smash into trees, rocks, guardrails...

Is it spring yet?
cjbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #32643
Tslapper
#!

Oddometer: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
My 2 cents...get a pile of wood together and then rent a splitter for a day...one less thing to own/store/maintain

That is if you are just doing camp wood, if your heating your house to then thats different
Yeah, not a bad idea. Done that before when we lived in Nobleboro. Heated that house with wood off the property for several years and just rented the splitter when needed.

Talking about moving out the propane stove and replacing with a wood stove here at the house. We've got hardwood coming out our ears on the back nine and it really can't hurt, well, except cutting into riding.
Tslapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #32644
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
Mmmmm.. new plastics to smash into trees, rocks, guardrails...

Is it spring yet?

Trelleborgs and NH trail sticker.

You're welcome.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #32645
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tslapper View Post
Yeah, not a bad idea. Done that before when we lived in Nobleboro. Heated that house with wood off the property for several years and just rented the splitter when needed.

Talking about moving out the propane stove and replacing with a wood stove here at the house. We've got hardwood coming out our ears on the back nine and it really can't hurt, well, except cutting into riding.
I have been trying to talk Ginger into ditching the propane in favor of wood...she like's the no mess of propane.
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
Old 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #32646
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
I have been trying to talk Ginger into ditching the propane in favor of wood...she like's the no mess of propane.
We both like burning wood. It is a mess but I have ideas on how to set this thing up so it's not so bad. Dang gas burns too fast.

Tslapper screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 01:42 PM
Old 12-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #32647
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer

Oddometer: 633
Year In Review

My apologies in advance for using so much space.....I even left out the Berkshire Rally, Puerto Rico, and the Puppy Dog to PA(lost camara)
Awesome Year!!!
Costa Rica

Southeast Eight States Nine National Forests Tour

Maine State Park Tour

Complete Circumnavagation of the Cape

Other Adventures

[IMG]http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae79/Mcoleman50/Spain3/image_zpsc87825cd.jpg[/IMG]

And my family without whom it would not be possible......

stromsurfer screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 05:32 PM
stromsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #32648
kobukan
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post
My apologies in advance for using so much space.....I even left out the Berkshire Rally, Puerto Rico, and the Puppy Dog to PA(lost camara)
Awesome Year!!!
Awesome year indeed! More than the average person will do in a lifetime.
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #32649
BKMLWR
Wondering around...

Oddometer: 4,381
here is an electric wood splitter which I paid about $650 about 6-7 yrs ago 7 ton cap.
Looks just like what DR sellls but was cheaper because freight was free from Conn. from a place in Conn.

seen here with a 10" maple cut to about 18" lg. notice the wood background..nothing is split until ready to go into the wood boiler.....skips one stack/pile sequence.....

unit weighs about 75 lbs.... easy to move runs on 110v used on 15a circuit and never trips....
for larger dia. wood I just split off center and it does fine....
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #32650
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanks for sharing your year...you "are"a lucky man because you have a beautiful family....and that my friend is what really matters

Old 12-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #32651
team8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your year...you "are"a lucky man because you have a beautiful family....and that my friend is what really matters
+1

Went to portland last night to see the funny man, I think I spotted a "Grumpy old Bastard" there sitting in the balcony section?
team8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #32652
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by team8 View Post
+1

Went to portland last night to see the funny man, I think I spotted a "Grumpy old Bastard" there sitting in the balcony section?
Yup...had my wife and son and his girl along. Bob Marley show's are always worth the price of admission Ginger ends up in tear's laughing through most of it. The Merrill is a great place for a show...not a bad seat in the house.

Where were you guys sitting? All healed up these days? see your back to doing stuff again.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #32653
team8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Where were you guys sitting? All healed up these days? see your back to doing stuff again.
Balcony section front row to your left, caught a glimps of you at the end but wasn't sure. Healed up 100%, and ready for that "Do over" come spring
team8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #32654
Tslapper
#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMLWR View Post
here is an electric wood splitter which I paid about $650 about 6-7 yrs ago 7 ton cap.
Looks just like what DR sellls but was cheaper because freight was free from Conn. from a place in Conn.

seen here with a 10" maple cut to about 18" lg. notice the wood background..nothing is split until ready to go into the wood boiler.....skips one stack/pile sequence.....

unit weighs about 75 lbs.... easy to move runs on 110v used on 15a circuit and never trips....
for larger dia. wood I just split off center and it does fine....

Was wondering about those electric splitter. Looks like they do the job fine. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #32655
PWRCRZR OP
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by team8 View Post
Balcony section front row to your left, caught a glimps of you at the end but wasn't sure. Healed up 100%, and ready for that "Do over" come spring
Come to think of it I may have seen you but it just didn't register. You know the whole out of place thing.