User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,378
Thumb Best forum

Posts like RDwalker's is why this forum rocks.
Best of luck to the op.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 938
Good Luck!

Cheering for ya!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
Veter OP
Motoviajero

Oddometer: 45
Thank you, everyone! Rdwalker, pics were VERY helpful, saved me a lot of time. I checked plugs and throttle cables, they were OK. To be on the safe side, changed the air filter. Doing it found a problem that can be the reason of vibration and decrease in output

Moreover, there are some torn uneven edges on top of the engine, I wonder if it is normal

Veter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veter View Post
Thank you, everyone! Rdwalker, pics were VERY helpful, saved me a lot of time. I checked plugs and throttle cables, they were OK. To be on the safe side, changed the air filter. Doing it found a problem that can be the reason of vibration and decrease in output

Moreover, there are some torn uneven edges on top of the engine, I wonder if it is normal
Hmmm... I cannot orient myself on those pictures. The first one, is it the rubber boot on the swingarm? If so, it is not very good for the driveshaft, but should not cause the problems you are experiencing.

The second picture is a mystery to me as well. Can you describe the location?

Robert
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
Veter OP
Motoviajero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
Hmmm... I cannot orient myself on those pictures. The first one, is it the rubber boot for the swingarm connection to the transmission? If so, it is not very good for the driveshaft, but should not cause the problems you are experiencing.

The second picture is a mystery to me as well. Can you describe the location?

Robert
Robert,

I will need to make 400 km to Cancun in the morning and will have a definite answer if manipulations with plugs and cables changed anything.

The first picture is swingarm connection, right. I checked the vibrations come from that area when using the clutch. Seems that I won't get away from a dealer with this one

The second picture is top of the engine under the rear part of gas tank dunno how to explain, see the pic

Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

From your last note it sounds like it's more than poor reassembly. Sorry about that - hopefully you'll manage to nurse the bike into a dealership.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #22
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,149
I replied on the Horizons Unlimited thread.
Call Elena at Motorrad Mexico and explain where you took the bike for service.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
gsweave
Yinz, blinkers are on.

Oddometer: 11,322
Veter,

just hoping you made Cancun.

Did you have time to check clutch fluid level??

weave
1Paul 2:15
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16 Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil;... .
gsweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
firstwordisee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Bad fuel?

Pemex generally sucks.
firstwordisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #25
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

How much experience do you actually have with Pemex fuels or are you talking out of your ass?
I' ve got about 20 years experience with the current blends and have never had a problem.
Now, take a look at the issues BMW and Harley owners have had with US blends and additives.
By the way, a huge amount of Pemex fuel is produced with exported Pemex crude in the USA but without the additives and is sent back to Mexico.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Yeah, I was going to say that for the last decade or so Pemex usually has better gasoline and diesel than what we can get in south Texas. I had a stale batch of gasoline in my RV and had a hellacious time getting the motor and generator running before I dumped a ton of additive in it last month, and some of the guys that were on a site with me a few weeks ago had their diesel generator get gummy and shut off one cold night.

Never have gasoline problems in Tamaulipas other than border Pemex gasoline isn't the bargain that it is in some other parts of Mexico.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
firstwordisee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Dont want to highjack this thread, but yes, living just a few miles from the border I have a lot of experience with Pemex, I am sure the fuel itself is ok (besides the fact that it stinks and pollutes) but the delivery systems and storage is less than reliable (at least in Baja). I got fuel with water in it on at least two trips in deep Baja. I will leave it at that. "Generally Sucks" was probably the wrong choice of words.
firstwordisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
rdwalker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
... and have never had a problem.
Now, take a look at the issues BMW and Harley owners have had with US blends and additives...
Ouch, ouch! No fighting!

But you are right. I was running for 2 weeks on a generator here at home (after Sandy) and the thing finally died. Drained milky crap from fuel tank. Luckily, power was restored soon thereafter.

One thing we have going for us in modern cars and modern bikes is fuel injection. Higher pressures and larger orifices make the engines less sensitive to crap in fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
I replied on the Horizons Unlimited thread.
Call Elena at Motorrad Mexico and explain where you took the bike for service.
Thanks for joining the thread and helping out.
I don't know where Veter is right now - it seemed that he was on the road trying to nurse the bike to Cancun. You may want to both PM and email him with the Motorrad contact numbers in case his Internet access is not too swift.

Everyone: thanks for helping a fellow inmate. May you have a wonderful New Year!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #29
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

I think if he can get Motorrad Mexico working for him at the corporate level here via Elena, he could stand a better chance of having things taken care of.
Tomorrow, I hope I can get a valid reference for an independent shop in that area if he still wants to try that.
Motorrad has a way of making one shop take care of problems arising from another shop.
It sounds almost like it is running in limp home mode.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #30
Veter OP
Motoviajero

Sorry for a late reply, I didn't have internet connection. I made it to Cancun, but it seems those guys don't work today as they don't pick up the phone.

I will try to change spark plugs myself as was advised in the HUBB thread and see what happens.

Many thanks for your priceless help everyone and Happy New Year!