User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Oddometer: 302
Exploring the Backroads of Maryland… and Beyond

Here goes… I’ve been lurking on here a while, enjoying everyone’s ride reports. I moved to Maryland this past summer, so I’ve been slowly getting out and exploring this beautiful part of the country. As luck would have it, Santa brought me a GoPro this Christmas, so I figured it was about time to stop lurking and start posting.

Yesterday was my first chance to get out and use the GoPro. The weather wasn’t too bad; partly cloudy skies, high around 41 degrees (Fahrenheit). I didn’t have a lot of time to ride, so I just hit some roads close to my house.

Like some others, I’ll be using this as an ongoing thread and adding new rides (pictures & video) as I go.

Backroads of Maryland from geauXplor on Vimeo.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
geauXplor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
SavannahCapt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
Maryland

I rode up into Maryland last fall,my son lives in Norfolk,Va.i got to ride some backroads&went on up to Delaware,i enjoyed the ride in that part of the country, Chesapeake Bay tunnels&bridges was interesting also.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff-77 View Post
I rode up into Maryland last fall,my son lives in Norfolk,Va.i got to ride some backroads&went on up to Delaware,i enjoyed the ride in that part of the country, Chesapeake Bay tunnels&bridges was interesting also.
We moved up here from Biloxi last summer, and I sure do miss the warmer riding weather right now.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
Old 12-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Cliff-77
Lost Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,067
I bet you do miss the warmer climate this time of year,i ride almost year round,i'm close to Jackson,can get on Natchez Trace in about 3mi.I ride to NC.&Va.regularly Apr-Nov.Have a 2nd home in Murphy,NC.,son lives in Nofolk,Va.I'm retired from work.
IBA#54495 Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,and your government when it deserves it.Mark Twain.
Cliff-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

New Years Eve Ride

Since the weather was nice yesterday, I went for a ride up to Hudson Trial Outfitters (HTO) in Annapolis to pick up a LCD BacPac for my GoPro. I stopped on the way back, hooked it up and then rode through Deale and North Beach. I got home just as it started to rain/sleet.

New Years Eve Ride from geauXplor on Vimeo.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Riding to Bob's

I rode up to Bob's BMW yesterday for their Winterization Tech Session. Although I learned a couple of useful tips, it was more of an excuse to get out and ride for a few hours. The temperature was in the 50's with morning fog... great riding weather.

A little video from the ride:

Riding to Bob's from geauXplor on Vimeo.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Foggy Afternoon Ride

The weather was supposed to be in the upper 50's today, but with high humidity and dense fog, it sure didn't feel like it. However, it's January and not snowing, so I figured I'd better take advantage of the weather and go for a ride. I didn't stray to far from home, but I had fun riding in the heavy fog. I was actually surprised to see quite a few other riders out today.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Went for a ride today through Calvert and St Mary's Counties, along MD 231 and MD 234. The weather was great; blue skies, temps in the low 50's, although it was pretty windy.

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

From Ride - 6 Apr 13

geauXplor screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 06:17 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
Vinbowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Hey!
I live there !
Nice. You make it look new again.
They just stand back and let it all be." Springsteen
Vinbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
CharlestonRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
It was nice to see some photos from my old home (Maryland). I noticed you took a picture of MIR...Right next door is Budds Creek Raceway (home of the AMA national MX races). I used to race at Budds Creek and worked as a flagman for some of the national (and world) MX races. Good times! You could have tried out your GS on the downhill jump that is now famously (infamously) called "Henry Hill" (after Doug Henry's unbelievably scary crash in 1997...I saw it from the starting hill area...Very scary ).

Anyway, thanks for the pictures from Maryland...It was nice to reminisce.

CharlestonRider
CharlestonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
geauXplor OP
gō-ikˈsplôr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinbowie View Post
Hey!
I live there !
Nice. You make it look new again.
Thanks Vinbowie. You definitely live in a great area for riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlestonRider View Post
It was nice to see some photos from my old home (Maryland). I noticed you took a picture of MIR...Right next door is Budds Creek Raceway (home of the AMA national MX races). I used to race at Budds Creek and worked as a flagman for some of the national (and world) MX races. Good times! You could have tried out your GS on the downhill jump that is now famously (infamously) called "Henry Hill" (after Doug Henry's unbelievably scary crash in 1997...I saw it from the starting hill area...Very scary ).

Anyway, thanks for the pictures from Maryland...It was nice to reminisce.

CharlestonRider
Thanks CharlestonRider. I'm hoping to take the family to Budds Creek this summer to watch some races. I remember working as a flagman when I was a teenager back in Colorado. It was a great being able to watch MX races while being paid at the same time.