Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #616
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Brian View Post
Hey stoney4vida

Late is sometimes good. At least you won't be waiting for the next installment :)

I hope you enjoy it.
Good point Brian
stoney4vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #617
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Finally caught up. As a fellow Buell Uly rider I loved it. You hear so much negative about Uly reliability ( belts breaking, electrics , etc )sometimes it makes you scared to wander off on them to far. Your RR proves that they are a great ride. I finished the Shovel RR also. Love the old iron. I have an 80 Shovel and a 65 Pan. You've got me thinking about a Panhead trip this Summer. Packing list definitely includes tools and oil . You ever end up down Central Kentucky way give a holler.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #618
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney4vida View Post
Finally caught up. As a fellow Buell Uly rider I loved it. You hear so much negative about Uly reliability ( belts breaking, electrics , etc )sometimes it makes you scared to wander off on them to far. Your RR proves that they are a great ride. I finished the Shovel RR also. Love the old iron. I have an 80 Shovel and a 65 Pan. You've got me thinking about a Panhead trip this Summer. Packing list definitely includes tools and oil . You ever end up down Central Kentucky way give a holler.
glad you liked it stoney4vida

I had read all about Uly's before I bought mine (just for reading sake, actually, as I hadn't really planned on buyinng one for the trip) and they do have some bad press. ECMs, front motormounts,wheel bearings, blah blah. But, no one usually writes in on forums about how GOOD their bike's running :)

If a guy reads to much about anything,he would never buy anything (BMW singles and water pumps, BMW Rs and final drives, not to mention Harleys (especially Shovels and Pans)

A guy just has to get on a bike he likes and go!!

Thanks for the invite and if I am down that way again I will look you up

I think a Kentucky to Alaska on a Panhead RR might bea good read...... and......You would have to go right by my place on the way there. Just sayin'.....................
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #619
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Brian View Post
glad you liked it stoney4vida

I had read all about Uly's before I bought mine (just for reading sake, actually, as I hadn't really planned on buyinng one for the trip) and they do have some bad press. ECMs, front motormounts,wheel bearings, blah blah. But, no one usually writes in on forums about how GOOD their bike's running :)

If a guy reads to much about anything,he would never buy anything (BMW singles and water pumps, BMW Rs and final drives, not to mention Harleys (especially Shovels and Pans)

A guy just has to get on a bike he likes and go!!

Thanks for the invite and if I am down that way again I will look you up

I think a Kentucky to Alaska on a Panhead RR might bea good read...... and......You would have to go right by my place on the way there. Just sayin'.....................
Kentucky to Alaska on a Panhead hmmmm sounds like it would definitely be an adventure. Rode a 1960 hardtail panhead to Sturgis from Chicago area back in 92. around 985 miles in 2 days. Wasn't to bad, had about 20 lbs of air in back tire, so had some cushion. of course it helped that I was 27 years old. Definitely give a holler if you ever get down this way.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #620
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
Moving on.....

BCBrian,

Great RR!!! Just read it through and really enjoyed it. We'll be moving on to "The Wanderings..." thread now with great expectations!

Thanks for all of your work in posting this,
dammitdave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote