Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #106
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,167
Leslie/soph9 had kindly recommended this side stand foot to me. As others have mentioned previous, it is, at first glance, rather over-engineered for what some might consider an unglamourous part, but in practice this engineering is what allows it to go about its business exactly as it should, without calling attention to itself.

It is certainly a beautifully machined and precisely finished product (mine is the black anodised version) and very reasonably priced. As well, it came from Vancouver to London (UK) in about 5 days. That included the nosy UK customs taking the time to have a look (MOD is, after all, the acronym for the Ministry of Defence over here).

Shipping was only about a fiver in $CAD (or about £3). This is notable because many businesses charge through the nose for overseas shipping and then send the product on the slow boat, taking weeks and weeks. And why it's important to support entrepreneurs where possible instead of the institutions.

Dave would do well to mention his excellent international shipping rates on his website and I'm certain the orders will continue to fly in!

A couple obligatory photos in sterile under-building car park, I will add a dirtied up photo during my travels to northern Holland to visit my mad relatives at the end of May

Blog: Gelände Straßetastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle

duffs screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 03:19 PM
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #107
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,272
+1 duffs well said!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #108
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffs View Post
Leslie/soph9 had kindly recommended this side stand foot to me. As others have mentioned previous, it is, at first glance, rather over-engineered for what some might consider an unglamourous part, but in practice this engineering is what allows it to go about its business exactly as it should, without calling attention to itself.

It is certainly a beautifully machined and precisely finished product (mine is the black anodised version) and very reasonably priced. As well, it came from Vancouver to London (UK) in about 5 days. That included the nosy UK customs taking the time to have a look (MOD is, after all, the acronym for the Ministry of Defence over here).

Shipping was only about a fiver in $CAD (or about £3). This is notable because many businesses charge through the nose for overseas shipping and then send the product on the slow boat, taking weeks and weeks. And why it's important to support entrepreneurs where possible instead of the institutions.

Dave would do well to mention his excellent international shipping rates on his website and I'm certain the orders will continue to fly in!

A couple obligatory photos in sterile under-building car park, I will add a dirtied up photo during my travels to northern Holland to visit my mad relatives at the end of May

Thanks duffs!!

So glad to hear you like it!

Hope you enjoy your machine thoroughly and I'd love to see some pics in interesting places!

Yes shipping for the SSF's...at this point it's:

Canada $2.25
USA $3.50 CAD
Anywhere else in the world $5.50 CAD

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #109
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD F800 GS Side Stand Enlarger

Here's a review that just got posted MotorcycleTripper.com:

"My Third Foot
Added Jun 18, 2012, Under: Farkels,Reviews
When I was in the Baja a few weeks back I had the opportunity to try out a new kickstand plate. Up to that point I had been riding with a Wunderlich version (put on shortly after I watched my little red 650 sink into the asphalt like it was melted butter), and wasn’t sure I would notice a significant difference between it, and the M.O.D foot I was replacing it with.
Flashy it is not… but sure did the trick!

Compared in hand, side by side, the plates felt around the same weight, they were of similar shape, but the Wunderlich model had an edgier feel to it, with sharper angels and detailed grooving on the leading edge. Motorcycle Overland Development (M.O.D.) had gone with an unpretentious rounded look which didn’t appeal to my sense of styling, and when I removed the existing plate, I had every intention of… well, writing a boring review, and putting it right back on. How much can you say about a kickstand foot extender anyway?
The Wunderlich Version
Styling comes at a price…

It was shortly after the install that the most cynical part of me was left behind on the sloping shoulder of the Trans-Canada Hwy. About 1% of the time, I come to a stop on a perfectly even, smooth surface, while 39% of the time its mud, sand, grass, and rocks. The last 60% of the time, the land is sloping, “wiboliy-wobbly” pavement that’s had tree roots crawling along its underbelly for years… It is this pavement in particular that becomes a challenge with the sharper angles of the Wunderlich foot as they seem to catch and dig into the uneven pavement, sending me into a balancing act of hammering up asphalt with its grooved teeth and swearing bloody murder as I debate just how far I can balance the bike to the right while still in the saddle…
The foot was awesome in the sand to-boot! It seemed the perfect size to support the bike (even in deep sand) but was light and didn’t get in the way when putting down the side-stand. There were no audible rattles on the highway or off the beaten path… in fact, once the foot plate was on… I delightfully forgot about it -not a nasty surprise in sight!

Deep sand? No worries!

Again and again, I found the M.O.D. kick-plate suited its purpose in a surprisingly unpretentious way. Who would have guessed that the pate’s simplicity was really its crowning glory? Without frill or gimmicks to distract you, the foot did it’s job to perfection… so much so… I’m left without much to write about… see paragraph #2… irony’s a bitch.
-Sarah Tripper
Motorcycle Overland Development is a local company to me; based out of Vancover B.C. Canada. They do an exceptional job fabricating some incredibly functional farkels for Adventure Motorcycles. Over the years I’ve come to trust the company for making bike protection and accessories that ‘just work’! See their website here at http://motooverland.com/ Dave has just come out with an awesome skid plate-mounted and lockable toolbox."

Link to site: http://motorcycletripper.com/

Link to review: http://motorcycletripper.com/?p=440795

Thanks Sarah!! Glad to hear you liked it!!

As a side note we are now only offering both the F800 GS & F650 GS (twin, not lowered) feet in black anodized.
No one wants the raw silver anymore so black it is!

See you out there!
Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #110
I-Su.Yu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #111
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Hi I-Su.Yu!

I see you have our Side Stand Foot there! Thanks for posting the pic!

Hope you like it!!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 09-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #112
toowheels OP
on a mission...

We just got another run of both versions ready.

One for the F800 GS and one for the F650 (twin) GS. Black hard anodized only.

Thanks!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 09-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #113
soph9
Bike Addict

Hey Dave...we are finally getting your skid plates On 2 new '13 BMW F800GS bikes.! Mine comes in end of the month..Cheryl gets her bike on Tuesday...your skid and side stand enlarger....Pics to come!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #114
soph9
Bike Addict

Skid plate on Cheryl's new F800GS at the dealer still....

Nice eh?
Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #115
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Skid plate on Cheryl's new F800GS at the dealer still....

Nice eh?
Ahhh very nice Leslie!!!

Congrats on the new bikes you two!! Thanks for putting my parts on too!!

It'll be interesting to see what differences you feel coming from the F650 twins. Yours is the end of Sept. then?

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #116
soph9
Bike Addict

I have a feeling the 800GS will feel like the Tiger 800XC's we rode...and the 21 inch front felt good on them. We got new side stand plates from you too! My bike is in the end of the month and Cheryl's gets hers on Tuesday. We are removing a few farkles from the 650's and will be installing them on the 800's. Then, Cheryl's bike up for sale and then mine. Wish us luck!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #117
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
I have a feeling the 800GS will feel like the Tiger 800XC's we rode...and the 21 inch front felt good on them. We got new side stand plates from you too! My bike is in the end of the month and Cheryl's gets hers on Tuesday. We are removing a few farkles from the 650's and will be installing them on the 800's. Then, Cheryl's bike up for sale and then mine. Wish us luck!
Yes I'm sure you'll notice the power and the better handling forks too. I did catch the side stand plates on there.

Good luck!! Going to the DSBC Fall ride Oct 14th? I'm not 100% sure whether I'll be around yet.

Thanks again!!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #118
toowheels OP
on a mission...

We've just confirmed a couple of new details regarding our SSF's.

For the 2013 BMW F800 GS lowered suspension model BMW are using the F700 GS side stand so therefore you'll need the F700 GS Side Stand Foot version of ours to fit.

The New 2013 Husqvarna TR650 Terra uses the same footprint as the regular F800 GSs so you can use our F800 GS Side Stand Feet on that bike. The Strada is still to be confirmed.

Also we have a Vancouver Moto Show Special here for the month of January!:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851314

Thanks for checking it out!

Any questions please let me know!

www.motooverland.com
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #119
toowheels OP
on a mission...

We Gave Nic Cuthbert one of our pre-production SSF's for his little Singapore to UK journey/ Action Aid charity ride.

Here he is in Iran. He did 29,000kms and 27 Countries

In the Himalayas

and again in the Himalayas. When he was finished he kept riding and ended up doing 45,000kms in 8 months

The MOD Side Stand Foot was still present and accounted for.
He had this to say:
"The Moto Overland foot really is a stand out product. It is simple to put on, is as tough as nails and I can reliably turn my back on my bike and know that it still going to be standing up behind me, even if there is a fat Burma Customs Official sitting on it, playing with my gear and having his mates take photos."

Nic's site: http://www.froma2b.com.au/index.php

Proof's in the pudding! Yes it's the best one on the market...that's me saying that.

Thanks Nic and glad it worked so well!!!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #120
soph9
Bike Addict

you can see our MOD skid plate and side stand enlarger in this recent pic....LOVE both Dave...quality made and useful especially that little accessory you call side stand enlarger....the best out there from what we can see...we need a decal....maybe this weekend Dave?