User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
Bluegrass
n00b

Oddometer: 3
1990 dr650s

I Just bought a 1990 DR650s.....been stored for many years...only has 2,300 miles on her. Orig everything....just going thru it now to get it up to speed...sending off the rear shock for a rebuild....ect....the lack of miles and being moved around in a barn have left it with strange bumps and bruises...dings and a few dents in the tank. Runs like a top and now that I have studied the starting procedure I really like it. Man was that a tuff learning curve on the kick start! Thanks for for all the info you have posted, couldnt have got it started without it!
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
DR_TRON
n00b

Oddometer: 1
The 1990 DR650S

Hey Guys, been a lurker for some time now and finally decided to get in on the action. Picked up a 1990 DR650S for 220 bucks last week.... Yes 220 bucks... The catch was it came in a million pieces and hasn't been on the road since 1996. Who ever took it apart actually did a decent job as all the bolts were put back in the proper spots. I started the build 2 days ago and iv'e been insanely busy cleaning everything up. I ordered a bunch of replacement parts as some are worn out more then I would like.... Engine is in great shape although I decided to get a new Cam and rockers as there was some wear from old/low oil and one intake valve has a leak which I will remedy once my gaskets arrive. The problem is I'm waiting for the parts.... the bike is sitting there taunting me.... The bike is identical to Luigi003's pics.
DR_TRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #33
offroadguy
filmer

Oddometer: 10
I have a 1994 DR650RSEP
offroadguy is offline   Reply With Quote