ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
Still thinking this trip through, It is a looooong way down on a XR650. I do have a trailer, is that cheating? By then I will need to do a rear tire swap, 705 Shinko is getting bald, quickly. If anyone else is planning for this trip, put out a list of what you might be packing as far as tent, food, tools, clothes, ETC. I want to be equipped properly, as this would be the longest outing. This would be assuming I would bike down instead of trailering. Thanks!
It's not cheating trailering down there....that used to be the general location for the Fall Color Tour that was held in Clarksville, AR every year. There are so many gravel and offroad riding areas down that way that it's nice to wear yourself while you are down there knowing you can take it easy driving home in your vehicle.

If you go to the Central GPS Forum there should be some old posts and tracks for the riding. Search for Fall Color Tour. A buddy I met down there TbirdSP will have them uploaded. It used to be split up into the Adventure Tracks for bigger bikes and Knobby Tracks with some tough offroad thrown in.

It is one of the most beautiful places to go that is within 8 hours of St. Louis....make sure you ride down by Mount Magazine if you do go.....some stunning views and great forest roads and trails too.

I am thinking about SLAP this year but it is the same weekend as a mtn bike event I attend in Arkansas so I'll have to flip a coin.

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote