Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #346
Racer20
East West Racing

Oddometer: 101
Wish we could be heading down before the Rally. Not that easy when we are 3500 miles away. Snow on the ground here now, so the best we can do is a trip to Georgia next weekend to get a little more riding in. Not the same but still riding.
Kenda tires , Acerbis
Bill's Pipes http://www.billspipes.com/
Racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #347
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,841
Here we go!!!!

2013 NORRA GENERAL TIRE MEXICAN 1000 RALLY REGISTRATION TO OPEN NEW YEAR’S DAY

December 28, 2012: With the Christmas holiday now a fading memory and the promise of a new year just around the corner, the National Off Road Racing Association (NORRA) today announced it has put the final touches in place for opening registration for its fourth annual General Tire Mexican 1000 Rally. In what has become an off-road motorsports New Year’s Day tradition, official registration will commence online on January 1, 2013 at 12:00 P.M.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #348
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,221
over 2 grand.. I better start collecting cans!
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #349
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

Oddometer: 72
We're in the process of getting hotels squared away. Got them all covered except for the finish. I read Mark Post is giving all the racers in the M1K a healthy discount on rooms at the Cabo Azul. Anyone know how much of a discount or where or who I would contact for this info?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #350
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

Oh, BTW I've tried to contact the Cabo Azual. Just in a holding position. For now.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #351
roadracer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Anyone plan on doing any baja riding in February? I can probably take a week off...
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #352
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Anyone plan on doing any baja riding in February? I can probably take a week off...
I will be down there goofing around with my kids
Near SF
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #353
Idahombre
Likes easy girls!

: Noob question:

I'm getting my stuff together for the M1k. I'm building up a crf450x. The bike has the stock Honda momentary kill switch/button on the left side of the handle bar. Does anyone know if I need to label the kill switch on the motorcycle something like (IGNITION PUSH OFF) or is the stock kill switch even legal for NORRA.

The NORRA rules state:

5.2.1 Ignition
Each vehicle must have a positive action on/off switch in good working order. The switch must be labeled “ignition” on/off
and be located within easy reach of the driver and from the outside of vehicle. All electric fuel pumps with independent
switches must be labeled ―fuel on/off and be within easy reach of driver and from outside of vehicle. It is highly
recommended that electric fuel pumps not be independently switched. OEM keyed ignition switches are acceptable.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #354
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahombre View Post
: Noob question:

I'm getting my stuff together for the M1k. I'm building up a crf450x. The bike has the stock Honda momentary kill switch/button on the left side of the handle bar. Does anyone know if I need to label the kill switch on the motorcycle something like (IGNITION PUSH OFF) or is the stock kill switch even legal for NORRA.

The NORRA rules state:

5.2.1 Ignition
Each vehicle must have a positive action on/off switch in good working order. The switch must be labeled “ignition” on/off
and be located within easy reach of the driver and from the outside of vehicle. All electric fuel pumps with independent
switches must be labeled ―fuel on/off and be within easy reach of driver and from outside of vehicle. It is highly
recommended that electric fuel pumps not be independently switched. OEM keyed ignition switches are acceptable.

Thanks.
Stock Kill switch is fine!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #355
jbrownmxr
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 340
Rooms

So no lodging is part of event? How does one find out where Bivowacs are each day to make these plans prior to event? I would hate to sink that kind of coin down and not get lodging...

JB
jbrownmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #356
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownmxr View Post
So no lodging is part of event? How does one find out where Bivowacs are each day to make these plans prior to event? I would hate to sink that kind of coin down and not get lodging...

Start: Mexicali
Night 1: Bahia de los Angeles ( Very few Hotel Rooms)
Night 2: Loreto
Night 3: La Paz
Finish Cabo San Lucas
You should be doing it NOW!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #357
Strong Bad OP
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,777
Quote:
There are no bivouacs in NORRA. You cross the finish line and you go off to your hotel after you have hung around for a while. You drive over to the start from your hotel, and off you go. Simple.

Lodging is arranged by NORRA in Bahia De Los Angeles only, and that is due to the fact that the race overwhelms the town. There will be people camping on the beach in Bay of LA. Rooms can be found via the internet in Mexicali, Loreto, La Paz and Cabo San Lucas/San Jose Del Cabo. You are on your own paying for all rooms each night and reserving everywhere except Bay of LA. Basically NORRA already reserved every room in Bay of LA and will dole the reservations out with your entry.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #358
jbrownmxr
Gas Passer

Oddometer: 340
Strong Bad

Thanks for info. Another question I have is what percentage of course is off Road? I get the sense the course is more "tame" than that of a SCORE course.

I recall Strong Bad being a cartoon I've seen?

JB
jbrownmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #359
amazing ricardo
Piste Off

Oddometer: 3,543
Laugh strong bad

Quote:

I recall Strong Bad being a cartoon I've seen?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/vcr_sb.html

amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #360
Strong Bad OP
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing ricardo View Post
Curses I've been exposed!

My avatar is Bug Eyed Earl from http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/meatl...geyedearl.html