Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #76
colm
Hopefull

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
G'day Col, Mate I'm going to try and make this one, I'm pretty crook at the moment with a dodgey back, hopef well sorted and by Feb, the plan is to head up Friday night and stay at the pub Friday and Saturday as you suggested.

Oh and in breaking news looks like the KTM is getting the gurnsey for this years SAR. Yes yes I know I said my intent this year was to actually make it there and back without the assistance of a trailer, what can I say, guess I like a challenge! I'm in the middle of a full on engine rebuild now, plus a few new cables and tyres, and gonna fit a total loss 12v lighting system to it. Some of the guys over on the OZVMX site are helping out with tech info and support. Looks like a few of them might be coming along for the ride too, now that would be something, a few old dirt bikes cutting up that track up to Fords Bridge....the smell of two stroke in the air...mmmmm.

Be good to see you there. Book a room sooner than later.
Make sure you keep a good watch in your mirror when you are leaving Bourke as the Team Inverell Ag bikes might scare you as they go past. Can you image the pace we will be setting.
colm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #77
colm
Hopefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Col's Scrapper, and his dog Scrappa.

This is what you will be up against. Notice the fine lines of the Safari Tank,the touring water bottles mounted over the head light and the optional right hand side stand.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #78
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,458
LOL I like that tank! I'm gonna be stuck with the standard 9 litre job i reckon so will have a spare tank on the back. Looks the goods Col.....are those highway pegs i see up front near the pipe?
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #79
colm
Hopefull

Sort of. It is a Scrapheap way of fitting some engine protection. Footpegs to be welded on.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #80
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Oddometer: 3,725
NEWSFLASH

Just in from Mudgee

OldDog, obviously suffering after a LONG festive season, is thinking of a 'change of bike', which is legal under Scrapheap Rules and Regulations, from the not overly sensible 1981 KTM 250 2 stroke to something a lot more sensible!! Must be the Mudgee water

Pezz_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #81
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
NEWSFLASH

Just in from Mudgee

OldDog, obviously suffering after a LONG festive season, is thinking of a 'change of bike', which is legal under Scrapheap Rules and Regulations, from the not overly sensible 1981 KTM 250 2 stroke to something a lot more sensible!! Must be the Mudgee water

Yup, just having a bit of trouble getting a knobby for the front

OldDog screwed with this post 01-01-2013 at 03:13 AM
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #82
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

And on a serious note - Does anyone have any good dirt road route suggestions to get me and Pezz from Mudgee north to say around Coonamble? I'm thinking this thing will be a pain in the butt (literally) on anything but dirt.

Cheers
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #83
ECKS-Man
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
And on a serious note - Does anyone have any good dirt road route suggestions to get me and Pezz from Mudgee north to say around Coonamble? I'm thinking this thing will be a pain in the butt (literally) on anything but dirt.

Cheers
Head for Goolma, then up the Dubbo road for about 10km, right on to (I think) lambing flat ck rd and follow through to the highway, comes out near Cobbora. Then head for Mendooran, mostly dirt. After that I'm a bit out of my territory, although it is sealed on the main road to Gilgandra from there.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #84
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,441
Quote:

Cheers
You just have to survive the first half an hour and then you get to ride in the car with Pezz, whose bike wont even make the start...
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #85
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
You just have to survive the first half an hour and then you get to ride in the car with Pezz, whose bike wont even make the start...
Ouch! BASTARD!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #86
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

Gee tREV,

I thought marriage would have quietened you down a bit

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #87
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz_gs View Post
Gee tREV,

I thought marriage would have quietened you down a bit
Pretty harsh commentary eh Perry? And coming from an LC4 rider too
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #88
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 863
sounds like that trailer with lounge and fridge might be handy after all??
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #89
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKS-Man View Post
Head for Goolma, then up the Dubbo road for about 10km, right on to (I think) lambing flat ck rd and follow through to the highway, comes out near Cobbora. Then head for Mendooran, mostly dirt. After that I'm a bit out of my territory, although it is sealed on the main road to Gilgandra from there.
Hey Ecks, Thanks man, that looks like a pretty good start to the proceedings Hmmmmmmm
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #90
Pezz_gs OP
Cant ride for crap

So, anyone have any bike build photo's to post??

Im taking the XR460/4 out for another run this year, just need to heli-coil number 4 Spark plug back in, (No need for comment tREV )

Charged up the battery last week, so it will be out and about shortly. Must also fix the blinkers too.