Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #76
scarygary
Drawing blanks

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
Have any pics you could post? I've been thinking about the Hyperpro 25mm lowering springs

-25 mm does not make a huge difference in looks

my spring started off purple but then i painted it black.

scarygary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #77
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarygary View Post
-25 mm does not make a huge difference in looks
Thanks. Where did you purchase the spring from and how much was it?
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #78
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
50mm Hyper pro shocks and springs and its great

I "dealt" with my height issues for a year with my F800GS. (5'7" 30 inch inseam) low seat etc and finally decided to take the "plunge" and get the lower Hyperpro kit. It has made the bike both more rideable and more enjoyable for me. I was also able to add the "comfort" BMW seat so my net gain is only an inch but the bike rides better on and off road. Yes there are some possible clearance issues and I do really ride my GS off road. rugged jeep trails in AZ and Montana. That said I have not bottomed out and the comfort factor was well worth it. The components in the Hyper Pro set up are just better and completely worth the trade off in a slightly lower bike. Just my .02
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #79
M38A1
Type-A Introvert

Oddometer: 310
On a 2010 30th Anniversary F8GS, is the mounting for it's seat the same as other years for the 'low seat'? ie: can a low seat be swapped with this factory seat, and in reality, how much does it get the rider down?
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #80
Jays-f800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by M38A1 View Post
On a 2010 30th Anniversary F8GS, is the mounting for it's seat the same as other years for the 'low seat'? ie: can a low seat be swapped with this factory seat, and in reality, how much does it get the rider down?

Low seat will mount up the same.
Jays-f800gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #81
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by M38A1 View Post
the 30th anniversary bike is just "bold new graphics" and is exactly the same as the other F800's (and yes I own one).
So far I have had the stock seat, the BMW comfort seat and now the Sargent world seat and an air hawk.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #82
EPMD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuski View Post
Well, I'm another "inseam challenged" (I'm 5'6" and 30" inseam) and I can't decide about buying a new F8 because of the seat height.

..do you think a 30" inseam is really a limitation for the F8?? Could I really compensate my lack of height with a Custom seat and/or thicker sole boots??
I don't know about being 5'6" but my inseam is about 30". Touching down with both feet involves being on my toes but riding dirtbikes and such gets you used to that.

Once youre moving youre good. I tripod it most of the time anyway at stops...

I did put a TT low seat on there. Works nice.
EPMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #83
Teli Rides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Would Hyperpro Short Spring work with 2013 ESA

Hi everyone, I'm considering upgrading my 650 twin with a 2013 800 GS, I know I can manage with only the low seat, but I'd be nice for comforts sake to have a additional inch lowering while still retaining the ESA functionality.

I won't do any hard off roading anyway so ground clearance is not an issue. I know I can order a 820 mm lowered one but I'd really like to have the ESA Gadget.
Teli Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #84
wipe-out
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #85
Teli Rides
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
Buy a low F700GS.

Fred
Thanks Fred, I already have a 650 twin stock height... the thing with that are the alloy wheels, are a pain in the a** to repair (ask me how I know), besides they are ugly as sin.

I'm debating between ordering spoked Wood'ys or a Brand New 800 with 3 yrs more warranty, the difference in Cost is not that much.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #86
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teli Rides View Post
Thanks Fred, I already have a 650 twin stock height... the thing with that are the alloy wheels, are a pain in the a** to repair (ask me how I know), besides they are ugly as sin.

I'm debating between ordering spoked Wood'ys or a Brand New 800 with 3 yrs more warranty, the difference in Cost is not that much.
How do you know (with pics :o).?

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #87
Teli Rides
Adventurer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
How do you know (with pics :o).?

Hi Loutre,

haha, no big deal just a series of hassles..... not even worth the pics, but long story short. Either I'm becoming a more "aggressive" rider or the Alloys on the F650 got worse, but on the last 4 months, I got some dents on the alloys which until then I regarded as fairly strong.

The last and bigger dent caused vibration at speed (80-100 mph). When the bike was due for service like a month ago, told the dealer to repair the rim, was told to come back a week later, which turned into two weeks because the rim was not "right" when they got it form their supplier. When finally received the bike, it sat on my garage for two or three days no problemo, then took it for a ride apparently all cool so far, later in the week I notice the flat tire, mmm.. must be a nail, nope, its from the rim which now has a small crack (I don`t know if the heat form the rapair caused the metal to weaken or it was just a crappy job) I took the wheel back to the dealer (for warranty), another week goes by, I got it back, hopefully this time the repair will take, I rode the bike for 300 mi on a diversity for surfaces so far so good, the vibration barely noticeable but still not perfect, the color isn't quite the same either, It's barely noticeable,for everyone else, but I notice.

Needless to say I have 0 confidence that the repaired thing will withstand anything more than smooth tarmac or really low speed dirt, which does not cut it for ME. Therefore that's why I want spoke wheels, if I mess anything I can either repair it easier or, change just a part without having to replace the entire wheel, hubs and all.

Which returns me to the topic of this thread, which is the F800 GS with its longer travel suspension and spoke wheels. I know I would manage with the standard suspension and low seat with my 30" inseam, doing the captain morgan and tiptoeing, I could after all ride, a 12 GS with the wider seat I think 84cm seat height, not the greatest experience to handle the thing when stopped, but anyway I could get used to. It's a shame that for Me and what I like to do the 1200 feels too big to have as an ONLY bike, maybe as a second one but I can't own two.... sniff sniff back to topic..

The question, for the sake of technical knowledge (geek) is. Would it be advisable/safe or if it even exists an aftermarket spring for the rear shock, lets say Hyperpro on a bike Equiped with ESA Suspension? I know that on bikes without the ESA is a non issue, on hyper pro site they say something about them having the kit for the '13 F800 GS but don't mention anything about the ESA Gadget.

Thanks for the advise

Cheers...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #88
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Well... seeing your rim history I'd say that you wouldn't be happy with the 800GS's rims either. A lot of threads out there will tell you that they are junk and too soft (take a look around it's very popular) so that a lot of people get the woody's anyway.

If you have a good 658 I wouldn't throw it away and just add the wheels except if you are looking for a reason to get a new toy . Oh and if you are interested in an aftermarket option for ESA, Touratech has got his own system now for 1200.

Cheers,

Tom

R1150GSA SE

Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #89
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Just stumbled on this thread in the Boxer section: Same question as you have about the Hyperpro and the ESA thingy.

The interesting phrase was "My understanding is you can have them fit ESA to Hyperpro shocks, however you need to send them your shocks and have them transfer the ESA unit to the new ones".

Good luck with that!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852631

R1150GSA SE

Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #90
OmenF1
wannabe explorer

Oddometer: 69
F800gs low seat VS touratech low seat ?

I am 1m 77cm ( 5' 9"?) and have problems beeing confident on the F800gs ( which I would really really like to swap for my current Triumph Tiger 800 roadie)

I have tried the low seat by BMW, no good enough yet.
I am wondering, would the Touratech low seat for the F800gs be lower than the BMW low seat ?
Can 't tell from the specs, as they indicate the distances from saddle to pegs at TT, and I need to know from saddle to ground....

Tiger is 810mm in lowest std seat position, and with the LOW seat it goes down to 790mm. Which is perfect for me
800gs is 850mm with the LOW seat installed..

What would it be with the TT low seat installed, anybody compared the BMW low seat already with the TT low seat on a F800 GS ..?

BR

Omen
OmenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote