User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Not for Highway Use OP
Wannabe hasbeen

Oddometer: 990
Hill End day trip, Australia

Holmesie and me decided at the last moment (typical) to have a slow day trip up to Hill End via Long Pt Macquarie river crossing and back down the Bridle track.
Left Canowindra at 8am then onto Manildra, Molong, Euccareena (sp). From there it was a bit of a guess. Worked our way through some private properties to Bosches Ck rd.

The day was always going to be a hot one but it was pretty windy as well. I'm on my Veestrom 650 (The Wee) and Holmesie was on hid Honda 1000 'Dero. We both decided to leave the DRZ's at home for this one.
As we got a bit closer this got bigger.

Judged it was going to be pretty close to Longs pt we decided to push on but keep an eye on it. By this time the fireies had started to turn up. About 5 min later a water bomber appeared.
After a fair bit of winding dirt road we got to the crossing. I came through here about a month ago and crossed it so i wasn't to worried this time.

After the crossing we then headed to hill End. Got to the pub at 11.30 so had a coldie before lunch. We got chatting to on of the locals who said going down the Bridle track wasn't a good idea as there were another 3 grass fires down there. Not wanting to be statistics and not wanting to slab it back to Bathurst we headed back the way we came.

Fire had got worse when we got back to Long pt with alot more firies giving it there best shot. It was a bloody hot day and to see them fighting this fire on billy goat country my hat goes off to them. Left to experts to fighting the fire while we headed back to Orange via Mullion Ck, then slabbed it home.

Found out on the news last night that the fire was still out of control and had been started by fireworks. F*** me there are some dickheads out there.

Legend in my own Control Panel

Not for Highway Use screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 11:42 AM
Not for Highway Use is offline   Reply With Quote