User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #4336
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
New Year

Happy New Year Mark hope you collect many more memories this next year. I sure am looking forward to this year's reports and pictures of your travels. I try to check morning and night to see what you have posted, sure have enjoyed what you have shared. Thanks for taking time to bring us along!
arraflipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #4337
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,974
1/1/2013 Kindness is the only investment that never fails

Just a few quotes to start the year......

8. Small acts of kindness can make the world a better place. – Smile at people who look like they are having a rough day. Be kind to them. Kindness is the only investment that never fails. And wherever there is a human being, there’s an opportunity for kindness. Learn to give, even if it’s just a smile, not because you have too much, but because you understand there are so many others who feel like they have nothing at all. Read Way of the Peaceful Warrior .

9. Behind every beautiful life, there has been some kind of pain. – You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You’re human, not perfect. You’ve been hurt, but you’re alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend.

I have always enjoyed simple quotes that clarify what is really important in our lives. I think about them, and try to use them to make the most out of the life that I have. Have been very blessed, even with some very difficult, painful and sad times in my life.

Being on the road has certainly made it clear that being kind and helping others (strangers or friends) makes a huge difference and all it takes is a little bit of action toward helping vs just doing your own thing. Was raised with this value but having been helped along in my journey by others is humbling but serves as a very important lesson to "just do it".

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #4338
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,221
Happy New Year, Radioman! Thank you for putting so much time and effort in your RR. It's not just the pics of places you go to. It is also how those places affect you, change you, that makes this such a great trip to follow along.

Stay safe, have fun.

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #4339
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Happy New Year Mark

Beautiful picture
Thanks for the RR and great wisdom. Be safe looking forward for more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #4340
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,514
Happy New Year Mark!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #4341
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Happy New Year Mark!! What a great place to be spending it!!! I am sure I am not the only jealous of your adventure and location!!!!!!!!

Andy and Angie
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #4342
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Happy New Year Mark!
Roger!! Happy New Year to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
Happy New Year Mark!! What a great place to be spending it!!!
Happy New Year to you both!! Has been great being with fellow bikers. I think tomorrow will see Ushuaia vacated by many motos..... Including mine!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #4343
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Road Less Traveled

Quote:
Being on the road has certainly made it clear that being kind and helping others (strangers or friends) makes a huge difference and all it takes is a little bit of action toward helping vs just doing your own thing. Was raised with this value but having been helped along in my journey by others is humbling but serves as a very important lesson to "just do it".
I am very envious of what and where you've traveled thus far. However for me, I must keep in mind where true paradise exists..................between our ears. It's a state of mind. Kindness and being grateful for both the good and bad things in our lives allows for us to reach our full potential as human beings.

Ironically, you're above mentioned philosophy mirrors concepts in a book by Scott Peck called the Road Less Traveled. And here you are, certainly taking a "road less traveled" to reinforce your "values" taught to you in your youth.

Mark, you truly sound like a wise man, and I enjoy this RR for both it's view of the world and life. Happy New Year my friend!!!! :-)
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #4344
Jibby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Happy New Year Radioman

hey Mark,

I have been enjoying your RR on a daily basis and find inspiration in both your adventure and your outlook on life.

I have met several people over the years who seem to be habitual gripers. Not matter what their station in life, they still manage to see the bad.

I have known some of these types who travel all around the world trying to find that perfect place to settle down. Trouble is, they are just trying to run away from there problems and their problems are themselves. Gives new meaning to "No matter where you go, there you are".

I can easily slip in to that negative mood too but I remind myself to fill my head and heart with gratitude so there is no room for negative thoughts.

You seem to be able to do it naturally or you have worked at it to the point of habit.

Good on you, Sir.
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #4345
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Happy New Year to you both!! Has been great being with fellow bikers.....[COLOR=red
NO, not bikers, you are Riders[/COLOR]. I think tomorrow will see Ushuaia vacated by many motos..... Including mine!!
Bikers wear leathers and chaps and can't pass a bar and believe that 150 miles is a long day on the road. You guys are riders, better yet, Adventurers!!!!!!!

Safe Travels back to the north!! Whats the next goal?
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #4346
Motomuffin
CSMC

Oddometer: 539
Mark,
Thank you for all of your generosity in sharing your trip w/ all of us! I wish you nothing but interesting times and beautiful vistas.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #4347
DoctorAbo
friends call me Mitsulas

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Just a few quotes to start the year......

9. Behind every beautiful life, there has been some kind of pain. – You fall, you rise, you make mistakes, you live, you learn. You’re human, not perfect. You’ve been hurt, but you’re alive. Think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love. Sometimes there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We must keep putting one foot in front of the other even when we hurt, for we will never know what is waiting for us just around the bend.

I have always enjoyed simple quotes that clarify what is really important in our lives. I think about them, and try to use them to make the most out of the life that I have. Have been very blessed, even with some very difficult, painful and sad times in my life.

Happy New year Mark and thanks a lot for quote number 9.
I have gone through your last threads and have to say that you are setting an example (at least for me)
Take care and thanks for sharing with us all you share.

DoctorAbo screwed with this post 01-02-2013 at 01:05 AM
DoctorAbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #4348
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomuffin View Post
Mark,
Thank you for all of your generosity in sharing your trip w/ all of us! I wish you nothing but interesting times and beautiful vistas.
MM your very welcome. Looking forward to seeing you again upon my return to the states.... Someday :)

Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #4349
atadold
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Happy New Year Mark . I enjoyed the few days of riding together we did in Equador.
atadold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #4350
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadold View Post
Happy New Year Mark . I enjoyed the few days of riding together we did in Equador.
Happy New Year Larry. I enjoyed them is well! Ride Safe!